Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact that your car is coming from Sac and not directly from Fremont (and your VIN is not in the 200’s) makes me think you’re getting a “refused” or “put on hold” delivery. Probably fine but just make sure you do a good look-over before taking final delivery.
Exactly what I wouldn't have wanted to hear, damn. Thank you for the heads-up though, I didn't know that about Sacramento - let's hope it's more in the "put on hold" camp, and less so "refused". By any chance are you aware if Tesla tends to address the issue(s) that the vehicle was potentially refused for? I'm assuming they're doing something at Sacramento right? Or is it just a holding area...

Also, because I'm doing carrier direct, technically I can't refuse. They're transporting my vehicle via third party and that's that - if I have any issues, it's either mobile service, or I'm making an appt. to drive the 8 hours to Denver or Spokane o_O

Exactly what I wouldn't have wanted to hear, damn. Thank you for the heads-up though, I didn't know that about Sacramento - let's hope it's more in the "put on hold" camp, and less so "refused". By any chance are you aware if Tesla tends to address the issue(s) that the vehicle was potentially refused for? I'm assuming they're doing something at Sacramento right? Or is it just a holding area...

Also, because I'm doing carrier direct, technically I can't refuse. They're transporting my vehicle via third party and that's that - if I have any issues, it's either mobile service, or I'm making an appt. to drive the 8 hours to Denver or Spokane o_O

Are you on the ND border?

I honestly wouldn’t worry. Almost everything can be fixed with a service center appointment unless it’s completely egregious. Just make sure to note any issues and book an appointment ASAP.

• Helpful
Reactions: BryanMT
It’s actually no easier to get a Mustang Mach E right now, which is probably the closest “competition”. Other manufacturers aren’t producing in mass yet. You could get an Etron today if you want. 215 miles or so and a big price and poor software.

Rivian really isn’t close to making cars, etc.

Good things come to those who wait. Teslas are well worth the wait as annoying and craptastic as it is.
Went to the store in Brea. SA showed me the secret inventory. Asked me if i wanted a diff color. 2 K more i said yes. Vin matched and on the way to pick it up. All in an hours time frame

I just made my appointment to pickup my Y on 6/9 it was ordered on 5/11. The Vin is 1935XX so from what I gather reading it is likely a someones reject or one that someone postponed delivery. Not sure if I should feel good or bad about it. Should I be aware of anything- differences between this vin and new 200XX vins?

I just made my appointment to pickup my Y on 6/9 it was ordered on 5/11. The Vin is 1935XX so from what I gather reading it is likely a someones reject or one that someone postponed delivery. Not sure if I should feel good or bad about it. Should I be aware of anything- differences between this vin and new 200XX vins?
I think you are good. Factoring into account transportation time 1935XX isnt too far off from brand new. Good luck with your delivery!

Question--After I got my VIN I called my insurance company and gave them my new VIN and the date I want it changed, but I won't have any proof of insurance until the delivery date. Should I upload my current insurance? Wait until my appointment? Help!
Was told by a Tesla rep to upload my current declaration of insurance from the insurance company. That gives them what they need to contact the insurance company and get everything squared away prior to delivery. Haven’t picked up yet but uploaded my insurance info today and will email the pickup location to confirm I’m good to go.

Reactions: Bluebell21
Was told by a Tesla rep to upload my current declaration of insurance from the insurance company. That gives them what they need to contact the insurance company and get everything squared away prior to delivery. Haven’t picked up yet but uploaded my insurance info today and will email the pickup location to confirm I’m good to go.
Follow up to my own note - I just pinged the pickup location and let them know I uploaded my current policy - they told me that’s perfect and that they would reach out 24-48 hours prior to pickup to confirm everything with insurance. So just do that and you should be good to go.

This may not be the correct forum (if incorrect, please gently point me to the correct place) but here goes:

Is there a TESLA representative or someone within TESLA that monitors these forums? With the current state of the delivery system and the frustration and displeasure that many are feeling, it would seem like a good idea for TESLA to keep and ear out and listen to it's customers. Do they really just not care because we have already committed to purchasing a new car? I hope not! The overwhelmed SA's, to the broken EDD information and the apparent lack of outgoing QA the post sales to owner experience is abysmal.
I think the SAs are salaried and just go with the flow

Reactions: brutus979
Maryland, Owings Mills SC, 4/15 Order Date, Blue, LR, Black Interior, Gemini Wheels, Tow

This morning, received email requesting payment. Checked website and clicked Accept. VIN appeared. Assume I will be contacted to schedule pickup at Owings Mills SC. Spreadsheet updated. Forums has been helpful to know what's going on. Best to everyone!
Just looked you up on the VIN tracker. Looks you and I have the highest VIN's so far! What is your EDD? Mine is currently 6/9 - 6/14.