Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Omg!!! This just happen.
6AD35451-3194-496A-B951-ABEAA15DD33E.png

Man I am very frustrated. I asked my sales associate to check my MY (VIN 186XXX) to see if it had passenger side lumbar support and it does not. That's yet another change for the worse that I didn't anticipate 8 weeks ago when I ordered the car (radar delete). Maybe it was a good thing I couldn't pick-up on Saturday because they needed to make adjustments to the hatch. I have until this Saturday to decide if I want to go forward or walk away, and I'm much closer to the walk away camp at this point.

On another note, I feel bad for the sales associates having to deal with the crap situation that Tesla management has put them in this quarter. I've had very timely communication with everyone I've dealt with at the Schaumburg location so far, so in no way is this criticism pointed at them.

It seems like more and more features are getting taken away- Radar(lane departure warning etc)-Lumbar support.. What’s next? This is really disappointing. I was as excited as a kid before Christmas morning to take delivery. Now I am just really frustrated. I know they say updates are coming but knowing Tesla and going through AP1-AP2 I think we are going to be limited for quite a while.
I apologize if someone responded to this before but my MY has lumbar and lane departure. I guess it uses the cameras for that. I can assure you that once you get your car you will forget about all this 😊

I just made my appointment to pickup my Y on 6/9 it was ordered on 5/11. The Vin is 1935XX so from what I gather reading it is likely a someones reject or one that someone postponed delivery. Not sure if I should feel good or bad about it. Should I be aware of anything- differences between this vin and new 200XX vins?
I am curious about this rejection theory. My vin is 186xxx and it was in almost perfect condition. One issue was the charge port door which they are coming out to replace (it wasn’t aligned properly, works perfectly). So I know my car wasn’t a rejection. That’s why I am confused that there is the theory that anything before 200xxx is a refusal.

It seems like more and more features are getting taken away- Radar(lane departure warning etc)-Lumbar support.. What’s next? This is really disappointing. I was as excited as a kid before Christmas morning to take delivery. Now I am just really frustrated. I know they say updates are coming but knowing Tesla and going through AP1-AP2 I think we are going to be limited for quite a while.
My thoughts exactly….. I mean "radar shortage? Scrap it!" Then "lumbar shortage? Scrap it!"

I figured their continuous improvement process would be incremental upgrades and not a "we can’t source it, so rip it out and increase the prices" approach. This is very disheartening. My on hold order is looking less and less exciting with each of these changes.

What will be removed next?

Elon just confirmed on Twitter that they removed passenger lumbar support only because logs showed they were not used often or ever in most vehicles.

Said the price increases were due to supply chain and raw materials cost increases.
Of course he does not care about how this will devalue the car in secondary markets when compared to those that have both the radar and passenger lumbar support. Its one thing to take things away and add them in software, but its a whole different beast to do that with hardware.

View attachment 668233Took delivery in Colorado today. VIN 188XXX. Trade-in process with Model 3 and delivery was smooth. Reminds me of why I love Tesla's process so much than other dealerships. Model Y is almost perfect except for one ding on the trim. Passenger lumbar is not there but PPF on the front and back bumper is included.
Congrats!

As someone who's never had (or even seen?) PPF, how can you tell?

Reactions: MCLI