Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN yesterday (201xxx). Waiting for appt call. Not super rushed as I’m on vacation until Monday. Ordered MYP on 4/16. Stopped onto the Tesla store here in Honolulu yesterday and the sales guy there looked at my account and said the car is still in Fremont which is good, but ”things move fast and the delivery team are under pressure to get things out the door ASAP”. We shall see…

Just called to speak to my SA to see when I’ll get that magical button and he is out of office today helping deliver cars out of West Palm Beach. The person on the phone who I’ve spoken to more than my SA said they were really busy and behind on delivers . Hopefully this is a good sign for everyone with June deliveries!

Reactions: Collette
Just Called my SC in Peabody MA and spoke to a Delivery Advisor.. Explained to him that I'm not getting much help from the SA who only texts me to say "we don't have a VIN for u" and that I ordered on 4/06 and received an EDD 5-9 weeks, I told him that next Monday will be the 9th week. He asked me if I would be willing to take a different color, and told me to wait for his call cuz he is gonna do some digging. Let's hope I get something.

Just Called my SC in Peabody MA and spoke to a Delivery Advisor.. Explained to him that I'm not getting much help from the SA who only texts me to say "we don't have a VIN for u" and that I ordered on 4/06 and received an EDD 5-9 weeks, I told him that next Monday will be the 9th week. He asked me if I would be willing to take a different color, and told me to wait for his call cuz he is gonna do some digging. Let's hope I get something.
The truth is that the SAs don't really owe you anything. They make no commission and have really no say on when your car arrives. When I test drove the car, the SAs were pretty clear that I should only expect to take delivery during the last month of the quarter, which has proven true for nearly everyone thus far. I ordered mine two days after you (through Tesla website) and my car is still on a truck from the west coast. Just take a deep breath. You WILL get your car in the next couple of weeks.

Wow a lot of new pages. Took delivery on Saturday and have been driving around.
Added my mud flaps and noticed that my MY white 7 pass had the PPF on the rear door already installed. Anyone find the PPF already installed on their model Y?

Attachments

• 2B62EA9E-6A83-40DB-9901-1E72F378B351.jpeg
    2B62EA9E-6A83-40DB-9901-1E72F378B351.jpeg
    559.1 KB · Views: 61
In a similar situation. I opted to ‘pay in full’ but figured that covered 3rd party financing? Does it not? I’ll be using USAA but haven’t started the loan application process given the timing issues with deliveries. I ordered on 5/23. USAA loan would expire in 45 days - doubt I’m getting the car within that window, right?
Once you get a vin, you can apply for the loan and then they have to change it to third party financing. That’s where I’m stuck now.

Had an appointment to pick up tomorrow but called to see if I could adjust the time...come to find out the vehicle hasn’t even arrived yet because “it is having ppf applied to it”. Bummed that I don’t have a delivery date at all now and I will have to gas up again but I’m pretty happy to hear they are adding ppf. I’m curious if it is full body. Completely caught off guard so I didn’t ask any questions.
its not full body, just the accessory that they sell in the store that goes behind the wheels

There actually is no real, consistent process. So those searching for correlations will be frustrated. It’s a *sugar* show and always has been. Everyone guesses what will get them their Tesla sooner, but Tesla is consistently inconsistent. Most Tesla employees are incentivized to deliver vehicles quarterly, but it does not matter to whom they deliver, etc.

Most of us will get our cars by 6/30, but it will be a very bumpy, unpredictable and unpleasant ride until then.

Totally worth the wait. At least until Tesla has legit competition.

I have always had way more success speaking to Delivery teams. They seem (?) to have way more insight into what's going on behind the scenes. SAs probably either don't have access to the same information or don't know how to use it—second one is my guess since the knowledge level seems to vacillate wildly from SA to SA.

I do think that we will be experiencing PTSD from this. I am an MD and while I only worked with a couple COVID pts (thank God since I'm OB), just the stress of dealing with it and having patients get it and worrying constantly about whether we will get sick and then get our families sick. Not to mention the chaos it created in office schedules. I know that my fellow OBs and I are just really tired and overwhelmed right now (the post-COVID baby boom is real!). Tell your wife thanks for her hard work!! Enjoy your vacation!!
Thank you, i will pass on your kind words, and just to say my wife wants to be part of the new baby boom soon lol

🤞🏻 keep us posted!

My wife doesn't care if the passenger seat has the lumbar adjustment or not, so not important to us. However, this could be a big deal for some Model Y owners and since the vast majority of reservations holders are not on this board, I think Tesla should reach out to them to inform them of the change. I hope this isn't the case, but it would be a shame for a reservation holder who was counting on this feature, waiting a month or two for delivery only to find out this feature is not there.

Got my VIN last weekend (ordered 4/17) delivery can’t happen until next week… (not sure why the holdup?).

Noob Q – next step online is to enter my bank account info. I haven’t provided anything because I’m worried they’ll take the money before delivery day! Also, I need to update my MVPA with the loan as is currently says cash-only. Am I safe to enter the bank account data? Suggestions?
The best suggestion I’ve heard to to put the funds in a separate account - not your regular checking or savings - that doesn’t have overdraft transfers setup. That way they only have access to those exact funds, and nothing else.