Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another day, another tesla rant.
Had an exact match in existing inventory in portland, OR. Was chating with the tesla rep and told me my SA will give me a call so i dont lose the deposit. SA calls an hour later and knows nothing about the deal so i have to tell the story again. I ask why is that car over there sitting in their lot when i have an order for same config and blah blah then she tells me i have to pay for transportation since its in portland.
I was like, hold up i payed 1200$ to get it “delivered” to the fremont DC. Of course they can’t do anything about it.
After I decide I’m going to go get it myself and drive it down she tells me she can’t match my original price which is $500 less. I say ok then she tells me the car is not available anymore…

Moral of the story is, if you want a car right now just lose the couple hundred dollars and go through existing inventory quick, then talk to someone if you have to. If not just hope they give you a car by end of Q.

Had an exact match in existing inventory in portland, OR. Was chating with the tesla rep and told me my SA will give me a call so i dont lose the deposit. SA calls an hour later and knows nothing about the deal so i have to tell the story again. I ask why is that car over there sitting in their lot when i have an order for same config and blah blah then she tells me i have to pay for transportation since its in portland.
I was like, hold up i payed 1200$ to get it “delivered” to the fremont DC. Of course they can’t do anything about it.
After I decide I’m going to go get it myself and drive it down she tells me she can’t match my original price which is $500 less. I say ok then she tells me the car is not available anymore…

Moral of the story is, if you want a car right now just lose the couple hundred dollars and go through existing inventory quick, then talk to someone if you have to. If not just hope they give you a car by end of Q.
Edit: still no EDD

I guess I just really don’t understand the vin assignment process. My SC said that production is wrapping up on model Ys so our cars are likely built already. Why the hold up on assigning the VIN? I get that they are delivering a lot of cars and logistically that is a huge task but it seems like the computer can at least assign the vins!

Tesla told me that I would need to take delivery at my house in order to avoid it. They cannot give me temporary plates in MA to drive back to the NH. Besides I they pinged the car and it is actually in Warwick, RI. Ironically that is the location of my SA but he is out of the office today.

It makes me sad knowing the car is just sitting there waiting to be driven, but I need to wait for the DC to open to call them and work out logistics :(
Can't you go to City Hall and get your own temp plates? I know insurance isn't required in NH, so you could hypothetically bring your own plates? Then register it yourself, not sure if Tesla would allow it but that's how I've seen people in regular car dealers handle it when they're too far from NH

Interesting, I logged into my account and went to the overview page of my order and was presented with a different webpage design, with all of the normal information on it. I actually liked the updated webpage. Logged out, signed back in, and got the original overview webpage we are all familiar with. 🤔

Unfortunately, no updated information, like a VIN 😑
Did you happen to take a screen shot?

If you've dealt with conventional dealerships, you know the Tesla dealership experience is lightyears better. No haggling, no "let me ask the manager," no hidden fees, no pressure AT ALL to buy the cars, and no-hassle test-drives. My local showroom just offered for me to come in before business hours to take a longer test drive and get familiar with the car ahead of delivery, despite all CT buyers having to take delivery in a completely different state. I'm sorry you had a negative experience with your showroom. My experience was just the opposite. You just need to be armed with the understanding that they have NO SAY in when you get your car. Even asking them is a bit silly when you know they don't have the answer. The dates on the website are crunched by some computer somewhere and have nothing to do with the showroom.
Mostly agree on the superior experience at Tesla, but only if the timelines work for you.

There is a significant portion of the population who's only mildly interested in EVs, but completely lose interest when they hear that you have to order a Tesla online, wait for VIN, track bouncing delivery dates, etc. Maybe they're old fashioned, but these people certainly exist. They want to visit 2 or 3 dealerships, check out their inventory, look forward to haggling and coming to agreement on a best price, with a handshake, and let the salesperson do all the paperwork/computer work, make calls to the bank/insurance, while they sit around drinking dealership coffee. And after sitting around for a couple hours (not couple weeks/months), take home the new car.

I don’t see many updates from the fellow EDD and VIN diggers that received their MYs.

If anyone with recent delivery is still visiting this darker part of the forum, please update us with quirks and features of the MY:cool: so at least we have something to read besides the usual.
I have my wall connector Installed as of yesterday. Would be nice to have a car to connect it to!

Attachments

• A44AA630-7814-433E-9E0C-8B749402FB4F.jpeg
    A44AA630-7814-433E-9E0C-8B749402FB4F.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 57
Can't you go to City Hall and get your own temp plates? I know insurance isn't required in NH, so you could hypothetically bring your own plates? Then register it yourself, not sure if Tesla would allow it but that's how I've seen people in regular car dealers handle it when they're too far from NH
Just spoke to them, they said that they would not allow that in RI or MA.

Going to take delivery in NJ and there was no transport fee. I am going to inspect the car while it is still here though, do not want any surprises that would cause me to reject delivery after driving all the way to NJ.

Just spoke to a SA about the existing inventory. She said we would pay the price that it says on the site and not the price we originally reserved. And she claims a possible reason why my exact config is in the inventory and not assigned to me could be that it was damaged during delivery. She searched the inventory for my config and said there was one available in SLC but it was damaged and asked if I wanted it. WHAT?!? Bad enough I’m waiting 8 weeks but now you think I want a damaged vehicle for $51k?

SA was useless because they are not in the office today.

I called the DC and selected option number 4 and spoke directly to a delivery advisor.

He was nice and linked the VIN from the new inventory to my old reservation. It locked in my original pricing and financing so I did not have to change anything. He also said the transport was free between RI to NJ. Cheaper than the $800 they wanted to deliver to my house. The only thing I lost was the $100 deposit.

If you see an existing inventory again in your config, place the $100 hold and just call and speak to a delivery advisor at the location the car is currently located. DA can work some extra magic with logistics that SAs apparently cannot.

Just spoke to a SA about the existing inventory. She said we would pay the price that it says on the site and not the price we originally reserved. And she claims a possible reason why my exact config is in the inventory and not assigned to me could be that it was damaged during delivery. She searched the inventory for my config and said there was one available in SLC but it was damaged and asked if I wanted it. WHAT?!? Bad enough I’m waiting 8 weeks but now you think I want a damaged vehicle for $51k?
What does she mean by damaged?