Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unpopular opinion...is anyone else kind of happy that our delivery’s are getting pushed back slowly? I sort of want to wait and see what Elon/Tesla has to say about auto high beam issue, how soon AP steer will return to 90mph, and safety features are tested with new Tesla Vision.

This new update that’s being thrown at us for sure dampened my excitement for this purchase and I’m certain I’m not the only one.

This was 2013-2014 era. I came full circle today

Attachments

• 3_8_14 - 1.jpeg
    3_8_14 - 1.jpeg
    499.4 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: elguapo
I stopped by the Columbus SC this evening while my wife was getting her teeth cleaned nearby... and found my MYP with matching VIN sitting right there on the lot! It apparently just arrived - the transport truck was even still parked in the alley behind the building. So far everything I can see appears to be in great shape.

I confirmed with one of the SAs they they'll check it over and detail it tomorrow (and apply the free PPF!) and then I should be all set for my delivery appointment right when they open on Friday 🎉

Attachments

• 2278CA47-DC5D-44EB-AFF1-1B7ED977BDD3.jpeg
    2278CA47-DC5D-44EB-AFF1-1B7ED977BDD3.jpeg
    989.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 7CC0F09F-ADFC-4351-B6EF-39F1102E3D1C.jpeg
    7CC0F09F-ADFC-4351-B6EF-39F1102E3D1C.jpeg
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 59
Has anyone in New York uploaded their current insurance (without a Tesla VIN) to the site in advance of receiving a VIN and did it help? NY is one of the states that requires a VIN on the insurance so I've been advised by my SA to hold off on that step until I actually receive a VIN, and it doesn't impact wait time for a
Has anyone in New York uploaded their current insurance (without a Tesla VIN) to the site in advance of receiving a VIN and did it help? NY is one of the states that requires a VIN on the insurance so I've been advised by my SA to hold off on that step until I actually receive a VIN, and it doesn't impact wait time for a VIN.
Yes I did exactly that, probably saw same post as you …..I don’t think it made any difference to tell the truth. Either way…got a VIN an hour ago 201xxx !!!!! Ordered 4/23 - since the vin was added the EDD changed to 9-13 weeks 🤦‍♂️

Should I be worried? Or are the dates meaningless?

Reactions: suprax
Just thinking. You know what would be awesome? Just KNOWING I would get my Y in June. I don’t need a VIN yet, or even a real EDD. Just someone to say “It’s okay. I can’t tell you how or when, but you WILL receive your Y in June 2021…”. It appears that is too much to ask, sadly. And so, I feel insecure and uncertain. Thanks Tesla.
I feel ya brother!

Reactions: elguapo
Interesting, I suspect they are rolling out as I've seen a few Ys in cottage Grove the past few days. I never saw any before. I'm in no hurry but the mystery sucks!
My dates bounced all over the place. Went generic 5-9 weeks for about 3 weeks and then I got my vin on 5/25 and took delivery 5/26. So things moved rather quickly. The uncertainty was slightly annoying but the last week of ownership has definitley wiped that away

My friend just took delivery of his MY 3 days ago and then today this happened. Does anyone have experience with fixing a Tesla after an accident?
View attachment 668870
Oooooh, that sucks. Hope no one was seriously injured. I imagine you handle it the same way with any car. File insurance claim and pick a Tesla-approved body shop.

My friend just took delivery of his MY 3 days ago and then today this happened. Does anyone have experience with fixing a Tesla after an accident?
View attachment 668870
Man that sucks... file your claim and talk to your SC see if they do onsite body work. A lot of them do now as a result of something that happened to me when my husband nearly totaled my S LOL (your welcome)

Reactions: AlKreischer
Correct. I didn't see any on the side door panels. I did see front and back bumpers which surprised me. I take the PPF on bumpers any day than door panels because getting installed by a shop is expensive. I wonder if anyone else here have PPF on bumpers installed by Tesla.
I believe it's been determined that what may appear as a PPF edge is actually just as sharp edge from the plastic molding process. Not to be the bubble burster, but It's highly doubtful that Tesla would install PPF on the bumpers. I wish they would though... a boy can dream.

Reactions: Soosh