Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG….ordered on 4/9 and just got a VIN! BUT..(there’s always a but) the delivery time frame says 9-13 weeks…WTF??!! I called my SA and she says it takes time for the delivery date to get into the system so I should wait for it to update. She assures me my delivery won’t take that long. I want to believe her but I’m quite jaded at this point. I called the DC but nobody picked up. I’ll wait a day and see what happens….
Picking up at TyCo?

Maryland, Owings Mills SC, 4/25 Order Date, Blue, LR, Black Interior, Gemini Wheels, Tow

This morning, received email requesting payment. Checked website and clicked Accept. VIN appeared. Assume I will be contacted to schedule pickup at Owings Mills SC. Spreadsheet updated. Forums has been helpful to know what's going on. Best to everyone!
Update: Website showed 7-13 Jun as delivery window. Emailed SA who contacted me after order (she is in Ohio, not local). I asked if delivery dates were realistic and she replied to say Yes, and that "tentative ETA" was 10 Jun and asked if 11 Jun was good day for pickup. We'll see if that holds. Never got any text or website option to schedule delivery, which I'm guessing might only happen when it's really at the SC. So hopefully next Fri I'll have more info. VIN: 203XXX

After owning multiple BMW's and Benze's and now that my work has shifted to work from home I see no point having such an expensive car sit in my garage when I might drive it 2-3 times during the week to grab groceries and on the weekends. My wife's car is paid off (6 year old honda, super low maintenance)... yeah having a tesla would be nice, but I'm not going to cry into my pillow if I feel that the company is going to jerk me around after placing the order.

I don't see it as being jerked around. Frankly, if Tesla could deliver all cars in 2 weeks, I'm sure they would, but it's not their current model. Everybody is dealing with supply chain issues, and it sure looks like demand is through the roof. So, they try to estimate delivery times, but it's not perfect. Clearly, if you order now, you won't get your car until September/October. That may not work for everyone.

Mine went up by a day
After owning multiple BMW's and Benze's and now that my work has shifted to work from home I see no point having such an expensive car sit in my garage when I might drive it 2-3 times during the week to grab groceries and on the weekends. My wife's car is paid off (6 year old honda, super low maintenance)... yeah having a tesla would be nice, but I'm not going to cry into my pillow if I feel that the company is going to jerk me around after placing the order.
Lol no one is crying into their pillows. It sounds like you're talking yourself out of buying this car, which is totally fine. The reasons you provided are valid for not getting an expensive car regardless of the delivery experience, no?

There's an existing inventory MYLR White/White 19" 5 seats no tow no FSD in NYC Metro area... You're telling me nobody has that configuration on order??? That's the basic no extras config, of course someone has that on order.

Now I feel like I have to constantly be monitoring the existing inventory because they might throw up my configuration and I can get it months earlier than my EDD on my custom order.

Reactions: MYBB
It is a lot of people venting their frustrations on this forum/suppprt group. Demand is still exceeding Tesla’s production capacity. Many expected the Y to be a HUGE seller for Tesla. Many other automakers would love to have Tesla’s problem of over-demand versus having to idle manufacturing plants.

I respect your decision to look for something else more practical. My buddy is also accustomed to driving BMWs and I asked him how he liked driving his Pilot. His response summed it up succinctly, “I hate it”. He just has the Pilot because of the dog. Friend number 2 that was with us, raised his eyebrows at the statement because he also has a Pilot but likes his. But friend number 2, as great as he is, has stuck to mainstream cars all his life, literally one Honda after another. Nothing wrong with that either.

Although the delays suck, it’s not the worst thing in the world. I would much rather wait to get what I want than settle for something now.

I’m in the same boat work-wise except the MY will be used for road trips to the mountains for camping and snowboarding. Sold my paid off Forester because our other car is an M3 and I am throughly convinced there is no reason to go back to an ICE car after having the M3 for 2 years and what I got for the Forester pays a lot of the MY off given the high demand for used cars. For me it’s worth the wait.

It’s kinda like going from a blackberry to an iPhone back in the day. I’m not sure how else to describe it.

There's an existing inventory MYLR White/White 19" 5 seats no tow no FSD in NYC Metro area... You're telling me nobody has that configuration on order??? That's the basic no extras config, of course someone has that on order.

Now I feel like I have to constantly be monitoring the existing inventory because they might throw up my configuration and I can get it months earlier than my EDD on my custom order.
That order was probably released by the original buyer.

OMG….ordered on 4/9 and just got a VIN! BUT..(there’s always a but) the delivery time frame says 9-13 weeks…WTF??!! I called my SA and she says it takes time for the delivery date to get into the system so I should wait for it to update. She assures me my delivery won’t take that long. I want to believe her but I’m quite jaded at this point. I called the DC but nobody picked up. I’ll wait a day and see what happens….
Same thing for me.
I was just assigned a VIN, 2 days after releasing the hold. I had an EDD earlier today for mid to late June, but now it just says 9-13 weeks. And I received an email that says “Final Balance is now ready”.

VIN: 203XXX

1622745869415.png

anybody else notice this recently?

Yes, if you actually get the vehicle. Some have tried this route only to find that it didn't quite pan out that way.
Correct.

1) I couldn’t find any match to my config in existing inventory on EV-CPO nor Tesla site

2) The closest configs were at least 2,500 miles away, so who knows how long I’d wait for the car to be transported to my local SC, and at additional cost over the higher price of the inventory car. For the extra $4K-6K, I can wait it out.

Although I would like my car now, there is a small chance the delay works in our favor and they restore lumbar or include new changes. It is what it is.

Reactions: Gor-Gor