Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to this group, just got a call today that I have been "soft matched" to a VIN. Anyone know what this means?

Ordered 5/27, EDD 6/16-6/30, "soft matched" to be delivered 6/26 (w/e this means)

White, black, 19", 5 seat, no tow

Did anyone try switching config to performance to get delivery times pushed up?
Totally hating right now but congrats! thats at least some info... I ordered 5/26 and my EDD is super far lol

Totally hating right now but congrats! thats at least some info... I ordered 5/26 and my EDD is super far lol
Thanks! As you can tell, I went with the most vanilla MY haha.

I am getting mixed messages; another text few days back told me that the demand planning team anticipates my delivery to be late July. Surely lots of people are scrambling to the end of Q2. Very confusing indeed.

• Funny
Reactions: gisseLdesire
Thanks! As you can tell, I went with the most vanilla MY haha.

I am getting mixed messages; another text few days back told me that the demand planning team anticipates my delivery to be late July. Surely lots of people are scrambling to the end of Q2. Very confusing indeed.
LMAOO (LITERALLY) VANILLA MY --- if you can keep us updated so I can continue to die of anxiety.

What is Tesla using for a server, raspberry pi? I can't believe how slow it is. If everyone who ever looked at a Tesla hit the site it still should be faster
When I looked at the source code, it seemed like they were doing a lot of database calls. I feel like it’s more a database efficiency issue than the web server. Either way, there’s a lot left to be desired.

Just checked mine and now have EDD of July/Aug. ordered on 5/23. Initially showed 4-11 weeks, then no EDD for about a 5 days, now late July, early August. Sigh. Well, might as well just wait it out and stop checking…no positive seems to come out of this.

MYLR, Blue/Black, 20”, no tow or FSD, northern VA.
I totally feel your pain.

When I was reading this, all i could think of was if it was said in Winnie the Pooh's voice.
"Oh bother. Might as well just wait it out and stop checking…no positive seems to come out of this...

• Funny
Reactions: smophiee
Lots of MY's going out of Springfield NJ today.

We had to visit for an adjustment to the Frunk on our new MY. After arriving early for the appt, there was a line. In ten minutes it moved, so our appointed time was on time. Service Advisor came over and knew our name already, ready for the issue on our car. We pulled inside in-line and he fixed the issue right there. No wait, no nonsense. Then he fixed another issue with the glove box sticking slightly. We also had him check our vin for the new recall on the brake caliper bolts, we were spared. Then quickly before being totally trapped inside the line, backed out of the garage after another customer moved for us, and went on our way! Excellent experience.

Here are the pix of the ready line, enjoy. For those who are waiting on their build, don't give up hope, it is worth the wait.

Drove home on US route 1, and then I-440 for a bit today, and now Love our MY experience even more. Also, driving with Autopilot today in the rain on the GSP, worked with not one false brake event or issue with the TACC.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_4035.jpg
    IMG_4035.jpg
    658.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4036.jpg
    IMG_4036.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4037.jpg
    IMG_4037.jpg
    672.1 KB · Views: 48
I totally feel your pain.

When I was reading this, all i could think of was if it was said in Winnie the Pooh's voice.
"Oh bother. Might as well just wait it out and stop checking…no positive seems to come out of this...
Honestly, at the rate of change we’ve had, those EDDs could be completely different by the morning. I was initially taken aback by mine this morning, but quickly realized it’s like the third or fourth one I’ve had (in addition to having none at all).

That’s crazy fast. I ordered on 5/13 and I only got a VIN yesterday with an EDD of 6/14 - 6/20. I haven’t even talked to my SA aside from an initial email when I placed the order I haven’t heard a peep. I called the Alpharetta-Roswell SC where I am planning on picking up a few times and I’ve always managed to talk to someone but never my assigned SA.
The process they are using to assign VINs is a bit baffling. I ordered the EXACT same configuration as you on 4/12, but I have no VIN and my EDD is now July 25 - August 14th.

Well I got a vin 187XXX and I'm scheduled to take delivery tomorrow! Now I can get on with my damn life. 😂 I got tired of waiting and wondering when I'll ever get my car and watching the dates dance around. I originally placed my order on 4/18 for a MSM MYLR. On 6/2 I ended up buying a red/white MYLR with less than 50 miles from the existing inventory. I couldn't really rely on my SA. She was really no help and acted like she didn't even care. They kept telling me, "looks like any day now". My expectation of the buying process was that it would be exciting, but the experience was rather frustrating. The Las Vegas Tesla store sucks so badly. The staff seems to only be there for a paycheck, and nothing else. I ended up purchasing from Colorado. I'm flying in and plan to drive home. My initial order is still without a vin...
That will be an awesome drive back to Las Vegas! Enjoy!!

Reactions: blissful