Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, but it sounded like he had to call the dealer literally daily to check on it. That doesn't sound like the SA was doing much aside from checking current inventory. It's like standing in the kitchen at a restaurant and saying you got awesome service.

An amazing SA would call you when the car you wants pops up -- without daily calls.
Honestly, I don’t really understand what a SA does. A SA should be spending their time doing exactly that, matching orders to availability, whenever they are not dealing with walk-in customers.

Thank you, so I should wait until I have a concrete pick up date before applying for insurance.
I'm assuming you already have a car that is insured. If so, you just call the agent when you know your delivery date (with the VIN) and they will give you a quote and ask what date you would like it to take effect. If you do NOT currently have insurance, I would start the process as soon as you have the VIN as well.

Reactions: sthsthsthbatma
Ordered one car sight unseen in my life, the volvo c30 right when it came out, and I got to the free overseas delivery in Sweden which was cool but not necessary especially since after getting to drive the car around Sweden it took almost a month to get loaded into a container, shipped across the atlantic, then delivered to my dealership. So yeah I have gone through something like this but I got literal white glove service. My salesperson personally called me every time there was an update with my car, from the vin plate being stamped to the headlights being installed and I even got to choose certain personalizations on the spot like which wheels I wanted on it since I ordered so early there was only one style available at the time and i got to upgrade to the bigger size for free.

All my other cars before and after were dealer lot purchases and many of them were not everyday cars, my last x3 was an M competition which isn't sitting on every BMW dealers lot. Before that I literally walked off the street into a mercedes dealership and bought a e63 amg right off the lot - so yeah, not "common" point A to B cars and I was able to get them on demand. yes times have changed but this has been my experience my entire life.

I still have to get my wife to a Tesla show room to test drive both the 3 and Y to determine which she likes more before I buy (hoping it's the 3 so I can go M3P) and until then all I can do is watch the website and hope the expected delivery timeline doesn't explode - and maybe she'll hate both of them and then I'll be back at square one.

Given my history posted above, most people would think this guy is crazy to go from those expensive BMW's and Benzes, not only did I LOVE driving them but pre-pandemic they were tools of my trade to get deals done. The last year+ I've done all my meetings remotely with a greenscreen and have still had the same success so an expensive car isn't neccessarily needed to accomplish what I did before. In my situation, maybe a honda wasn't the best example, honestly if I can't get the tesla by the time I need it to start driving into the office, I wouldn't feel terrible canceling the order and walking into a dealership and buying a 3 series or C class on the spot.
Yea the european car delivery programs are pretty plush, but there is the shipping back to the states which is kind of a PITA.

Honestly, I don’t really understand what a SA does. A SA should be spending their time doing exactly that, matching orders to availability, whenever they are not dealing with walk-in customers.
I just got back from my local SC, where I had a conversation re:the topic that you are commenting on. Insofar as a SA proactively matching cars, there is almost no opportunity for them to do that as there currently are only a few unmatched cars nationally to match to - 2xMY nationally, for instance, at this time. And if any of those available cars are outside their region, there's no chance to get a car as there is most likely a buyer much nearer the car.

Sure, but it sounded like he had to call the dealer literally daily to check on it. That doesn't sound like the SA was doing much aside from checking current inventory. It's like standing in the kitchen at a restaurant and saying you got awesome service.

An amazing SA would call you when the car you wants pops up -- without daily calls.
Like anything else, if you establish a good rapport with your SA, they will remember that come match time.

That will be an awesome drive back to Las Vegas! Enjoy!!
Well I got a vin 187XXX and I'm scheduled to take delivery tomorrow! Now I can get on with my damn life. 😂 I got tired of waiting and wondering when I'll ever get my car and watching the dates dance around. I originally placed my order on 4/18 for a MSM MYLR. On 6/2 I ended up buying a red/white MYLR with less than 50 miles from the existing inventory. I couldn't really rely on my SA. She was really no help and acted like she didn't even care. They kept telling me, "looks like any day now". My expectation of the buying process was that it would be exciting, but the experience was rather frustrating. The Las Vegas Tesla store sucks so badly. The staff seems to only be there for a paycheck, and nothing else. I ended up purchasing from Colorado. I'm flying in and plan to drive home. My initial order is still without a vin...
I agree. I had my M3 from Bay area and now i ordered MY in Las Vegas. When i first went to the store. The first impression was so bad They didn't really know the new details or updates.
And i felt not welcomed at all.
and now i tried to contact my SA and she doesn't text back or hard to reach thru the phone call🤷‍♀️

Reactions: blissful
To those that have taken delivery of their cars thus far, how long did it take from the time your VIN was assigned after accepting the Vision terms, to get the MVPA and get the text to schedule delivery?

I got assigned a VIN yesterday, but the MVPA hasn’t been sent and the text to schedule pickup hasn’t come through.

Current EDD is 6/4 - 6/9

Thanks for any insight!

I just got back from my local SC, where I had a conversation re:the topic that you are commenting on. Insofar as a SA proactively matching cars, there is almost no opportunity for them to do that as there currently are only a few unmatched cars nationally to match to - 2xMY nationally, for instance, at this time. And if any of those available cars are outside their region, there's no chance to get a car as there is most likely a buyer much nearer the car.
Try the new car selection with 200 mile radius search parameter.

Right now there are loads of great choices available in our search for new MY.

To those that have taken delivery of their cars thus far, how long did it take from the time your VIN was assigned after accepting the Vision terms, to get the MVPA and get the text to schedule delivery?

I got assigned a VIN yesterday, but the MVPA hasn’t been sent and the text to schedule pickup hasn’t come through.

Current EDD is 6/4 - 6/9

Thanks for any insight!
I got my VIN the morning of 5/29 and received a text to schedule delivery on 5/31.. so 2 days for me... Delivery scheduled for Tuesday 6/8.