Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sounds about right. Creating a sense of scarcity by pushing delivery dates, then releasing all the demo cars at once... Looks like they want to refresh their Demo Inventory... So what's new with the cars in transit? new panel? new batteries? Radar?
I agree, but it is completely normal for them to dump inventory, including demos, at end of quarter to a) meet demand and b) make sure they don’t have a demo car with 5,000 miles on it to sell later.

In this case, my hunch is they want all the demos to have no radar as well.

So a demo with my exact spec popped up in my area. It's only $500 off and has 2300 miles but it's a 158xxx VIN with the radar and passenger lumbar as well as new center console and heated steering wheel according to the SA so I switched my order to it. Not super happy about the miles but I think I would rather have the missing features and it has a small discount over what I originally paid. Also my EDD is now 6/4 - 6/7 so I get it about 2 weeks earlier as well. Hopefully there's nothing horribly wrong with it cause if there is I will have delayed my order for god knows how long.
I have a VIN assigned but actually debating switching to a demo model for those exact same reasons, that and the fact that I'm second guessing going with the white seats with 2 little ones riding in the back every day.

The seats - that is HILARIOUS!

With the door rattle - before the mobile service comes see if you want to DIY and get a quick fix (so it bugs you less). I had the same issue with my M3P. Service took the door apart and couldn't find anything wrong. Went to see them another day, it was raining and I couldn't hear the noise on my drive there (naturally). Then the service guy immediately knew what was going on.

The plastic triangle that is attached to the mirror sometimes rub against the plastic trim (the soft rubbery one on the car). A quick fix is to apply.some plastic conditioner or lube on that little triangle - that will.ekliminate the running (rattling) noise.

Could be something else too. But won't hurt to try this and might save your problem
I appreciate that. I’ll check it out

Anyone else considering waiting for an Austin 4680 Y if your order dates get pushed deep into Q3?
I think there was a discussion about this on this thread like a month ago (yes, I've been here that long)

I think there's still a question on how exactly the 4680 batteries will impact/benefit the end customer. They reportedly have a much higher capacity per cell (9kmAh) but it's unclear if Tesla would just put fewer of those cells in each car to reduce costs but keep similar ranges. Something tells me they're not going to magically pass the savings on to the customers. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the similar range with fewer cells on what we call the LR today, and introduce a "super" LR with more of these cells (and cost more).

For those who have already picked up or will be picking up, how does the scheduling work in terms of availability? So is a date range provided to you to schedule a pickup within? How many days is that window, typically? Are we talking a week?

I got a call to schedule and he started mentioning some dates, I stopped him and said please give me the earliest one you got!

I think there was a discussion about this on this thread like a month ago (yes, I've been here that long)

I think there's still a question on how exactly the 4680 batteries will impact/benefit the end customer. They reportedly have a much higher capacity per cell (9kmAh) but it's unclear if Tesla would just put fewer of those cells in each car to reduce costs but keep similar ranges. Something tells me they're not going to magically pass the savings on to the customers. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the similar range with fewer cells on what we call the LR today, and introduce a "super" LR with more of these cells (and cost more).
I think your intuition is spot on. I think they might change the naming and call the current LR range the SR since Elons statement about customers expecting 300 miles and they will up the range to whatever they can fit into the car and that will be the new LR. Of course pricing will remain the same... maybe they drop it a thousand or two to make the customers feel like they are getting a deal but we will see

Was debating just getting a Demo version of my Config as it was available and my EDD is August. All of a sudden refreshed and saw there was an existing inventory of my config with <50 miles not a demo, quickly got it and received a vin immediately. 189xxxx

I essentially just cut the line of everyone who ordered April/May and I kinda feel bad about it.

Just received an email from Tesla. I was all excited thinking it was my moment. But nooooooo, its just a promotional email that says

"Get ready for your Model Y delivery with accessories from the Tesla Shop".​

Now I feel teased. Lol 😏
Did we end up correlating the timing of receiving this email with receiving a VIN? I just received this email, however my dates are still solidly July 20-August 9 =\

For those who have already picked up or will be picking up, how does the scheduling work in terms of availability? So is a date range provided to you to schedule a pickup within? How many days is that window, typically? Are we talking a week?
I picked up at Mt. Kisco. I got a VIN May 29, called to confirm it was true. The web site gave me a window of 3 days May 27 thru 29. I spoke to the SC agent, she asked if the 29th worked for me and it did. Note, my car (vin 185XXX) might have been one of those already sitting in their lots during the "hold" and thus the quick time from VIN to pickup. Process went very smooth. 4 days. Good luck. Note: passenger lumbar button there but non functional.

Reactions: dsandhu
Was debating just getting a Demo version of my Config as it was available and my EDD is August. All of a sudden refreshed and saw there was an existing inventory of my config with <50 miles not a demo, quickly got it and received a vin immediately. 189xxxx

I essentially just cut the line of everyone who ordered April/May and I kinda feel bad about it.
You aren't really cutting in line, just doing the due diligence of doing some work to expedite your process of getting your car delivered. If you hadn't picked it up, a brand new buyer would have bought and not even know there are people way behind in line waiting. I did the same and got the car with less than 50 miles as soon as it popped up. It had everything with tow hitch, which i didn't really need, but figured i'll just get it and get the car at least 2-3 months earlier.