Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a roller coaster this has been for us. Ordered a white/black MYP with tow on 5/14 but personally wanted the M3P but wife wanted more room. So defaulted to the MYP. Took a longer ride in the MYP and she really disliked the ride quality. So made a change to the MY LR white/black tow but we had just gotten a very good delivery date on the MYP (3-5 weeks). I hated to change it at that point.

Well turns out nothing on the back end was updated. The day after we put in the change, another $500 price increase. Our order was never updated from MYP to MY LR. I was not a happy camper to put it mildly. It took a few days and a lot of back and forth and the honored the old price. Delivery window was 2-11 weeks at that time. So we sold our car.

As luck would have it, for a week no EDD for us. When I checked on the Tesla site, the range for a new order was possibly up to 13 weeks. This was a serioud uh oh moment for us. I was hoping maybe we'd get a VIN when the EDD came back. Nope, instead we were faced with a likely end of July to mid-August delivery timeframe.

I started checking all the inventory sites and found a bunch of cars in/around DC. I figured I'd just go there and get one of them as pretty close to what we wanted. As luck would have it, a red/white demo popped up here. Not our ideal combo but I did like the red, it just wasn't worth 2k to me. AB is worth 2k to me, red paint is not.

I decided to pull the trigger but then saw it had FSD. Hard stop. Our SA said he could easily remove FSD as long as we didn't order it. If we did, we'd just be throwing away our money as we'd lose the $100. So my wife didn't want me to pull the trigger on it last night. So I tracked it through inventory all night and up until the Tesla store opened. I must have called that place 20 times, emailed our SA, texted their inbound text number to no avail.

Then our child got sick and I couldn't leave until she was finally asleep after lunch. I checked the inventory on the way, rode my motorcycle as my wife needed the car and almost got crushed by a guy in a i-Pace when he was too impatient in his lane. So what happened when I got there. That damn car was gone. In a span 18 minutes it disappeared. None of the SAs even new they had it inventory. Also gone were my 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks, even spanning about 200 miles away we were back in the roster. I was pretty much ready to give up. I had checked last night and 34 model Y's in a 200 mile radius of me.

So while looking through what was finally left, one popped up on the screen that I was there earlier. It was a demo car that was never driven, nor did anyone in the store know they even had it. Turned out to be a MY LR white/blk tow and the 3rd row. I called my wife and she was fine with the extra seats as it had the color combo she wanted. So I told our SA to grab it and now we finally have a VIN. Waiting to schedule the delivery now. What a ride this has been so far and I hope they iron out the Tesla Vision issues very quickly.

This forum has been a ton of help and at the same time, a little bit of misery loves company. I hope there are no issues with the car when we finally pick it up.
What an adventure, so no MYP now? For me at only $400 discount I will wait for the new car smell. As long as I can get it before Sept! If I stick with my LR order it says delivery between July 22 to Aug 11. I would imagine an MYP order will not be far off that either.

Can anybody recommend a all-weather mat for MY 7-seater?

I have been looking for weeks and I haven’t found either a small mat that covers the trunk with the 3rd row seats up, or maybe, a two-fold mat that covers the small trunk with the 3rd row seats up as well as when they are down?

I’d appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
I signed up for an alert to get notified when the tux mats release for the 7 seat model. I kind of want to wait for those, but they said it would be a few months. I also saw the 3D Maxpider and Tesmanian mats are coming soon...hoping at least one of those 3 sets comes out before I take delivery. The ones someone linked a couple pages ago are actually the only ones I've ever seen for the 7 seat configuration. Hoping more start coming soon.

Picked up my MYP. No indications of any issues!! Whoop whoop. No PPF or mud flap, but I already had them so no worries. We Love it! GL eveyone…our experience at the SC was easy and very hassle free.

Attachments

• 8218F685-6E3D-430F-8FF8-D5554FD481C2.jpeg
    8218F685-6E3D-430F-8FF8-D5554FD481C2.jpeg
    512.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 8D6B96E7-C0B6-4858-8FA0-78E53CC0CADF.jpeg
    8D6B96E7-C0B6-4858-8FA0-78E53CC0CADF.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 1950A299-3647-4A80-892C-6894CC126DC3.jpeg
    1950A299-3647-4A80-892C-6894CC126DC3.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 57
Hey folks! I mentioned earlier that I picked up today but didn't provide much additional info beyond that, so I figured I'd jot down some notes, particularly as a first time Tesla owner. Hopefully this helps some of you! In no particular order of importance, here are some observations:
  • I had no mudflaps and no PPF installed upon pickup. My vin was 196XXX and delivered to MA. I was cool with it because I purchased both.
  • Upon further inspection of the bumper when I get home, I found one blemish on the bumper, but honestly it could have been from a rock during the 30ish mile drive back to my house. Are there minor gaps here and there? Of course. It is perfectly imperfect. A flaw that you (and only you) will notice is just that. I consider them birthmarks. Moving on.
  • Climate control appears to default to only cool the drivers side if there is no passenger present which is easily remedied in the climate controls- not really an issue, but as Doug would say, a strange quirk and feature.
  • I've watched an embarrassing number of hours of YouTube videos on Teslas and I needed a Service Advisor to show my how to use the windshield spray (hint - the windshield button presses in twice for spray). Wasn't my finest moment telling them the car was broken when it was pure ignorance on my part.
  • Man, the blue delivers. It is a captivating color that changes shade in various lighting situations and I don't regret it one bit. Wife still prefers MSM, but then again, her Explorer is MSM, so...
  • This thing pees... seriously, the amount of condensate coming from the air conditioning is alarming. I've done some digging and apparently ICE vehicles often disperse the condensate onto the transmission or other parts of the hot engine to allow for much of it to evaporate, but no such options with an electric car. Do not be surprised when you garage your Y when you find pools of water.
  • This thing hums, snaps, crackles, pops, burbs, farts, whatever. It is a noise machine when it is just sitting, chilling in your driveway or garage. I had no idea this would be the case but a few searches suggest it's perfectly normal.
  • It. Is. Fast. I was so ready to be disappointed by the acceleration and exhilaration from the MYLR based on so many reviews I read. I mean people call it the 'slow Tesla'. This this is no joke. Admittedly, I am coming from an Accord 2.0 that did a 0-60 run in ~5.6 seconds. Not a speed demon, but still fast. This thing blows it away. Not only in it's speed, but in it's pull. I've never felt anything like it. It sucks the hair from your follicles. It is amazing and I love it and I can't stop. I can't even fathom what a 'fast' Tesla would feel like.
  • Does anyone with a Tesla use the Cabin Overheat feature? Is it worth it? Is it a cause of phantom drain? Would love feedback on it.

Hey folks! I mentioned earlier that I picked up today but didn't provide much additional info beyond that, so I figured I'd jot down some notes, particularly as a first time Tesla owner. Hopefully this helps some of you! In no particular order of importance, here are some observations:
  • I had no mudflaps and no PPF installed upon pickup. My vin was 196XXX and delivered to MA. I was cool with it because I purchased both.
  • Upon further inspection of the bumper when I get home, I found one blemish on the bumper, but honestly it could have been from a rock during the 30ish mile drive back to my house. Are there minor gaps here and there? Of course. It is perfectly imperfect. A flaw that you (and only you) will notice is just that. I consider them birthmarks. Moving on.
  • Climate control appears to default to only cool the drivers side if there is no passenger present which is easily remedied in the climate controls- not really an issue, but as Doug would say, a strange quirk and feature.
  • I've watched an embarrassing number of hours of YouTube videos on Teslas and I needed a Service Advisor to show my how to use the windshield spray (hint - the windshield button presses in twice for spray). Wasn't my finest moment telling them the car was broken when it was pure ignorance on my part.
  • Man, the blue delivers. It is a captivating color that changes shade in various lighting situations and I don't regret it one bit. Wife still prefers MSM, but then again, her Explorer is MSM, so...
  • This thing pees... seriously, the amount of condensate coming from the air conditioning is alarming. I've done some digging and apparently ICE vehicles often disperse the condensate onto the transmission or other parts of the hot engine to allow for much of it to evaporate, but no such options with an electric car. Do not be surprised when you garage your Y when you find pools of water.
  • This thing hums, snaps, crackles, pops, burbs, farts, whatever. It is a noise machine when it is just sitting, chilling in your driveway or garage. I had no idea this would be the case but a few searches suggest it's perfectly normal.
  • It. Is. Fast. I was so ready to be disappointed by the acceleration and exhilaration from the MYLR based on so many reviews I read. I mean people call it the 'slow Tesla'. This this is no joke. Admittedly, I am coming from an Accord 2.0 that did a 0-60 run in ~5.6 seconds. Not a speed demon, but still fast. This thing blows it away. Not only in it's speed, but in it's pull. I've never felt anything like it. It sucks the hair from your follicles. It is amazing and I love it and I can't stop. I can't even fathom what a 'fast' Tesla would feel like.
  • Does anyone with a Tesla use the Cabin Overheat feature? Is it worth it? Is it a cause of phantom drain? Would love feedback on it.
I didn't get the mudflaps or PPF either, but I also already had them. I didn't see any blemishes on mine, at least not yet. I got the Performance model and that acceleration is going to take a while to get used to!

As for the cabin overheat feature, I'm definitely leaving it on. I live in Texas and it can get extremely hot in the summers and I don't want any of the electronics to overheat while at work.

Yes I use the overheat feature but I live in AZ

Reactions: bigdaddyreg
Picked up my MYP. No indications of any issues!! Whoop whoop. No PPF or mud flap, but I already had them so no worries. We Love it! GL eveyone…our experience at the SC was easy and very hassle free.
That's my car as well. Have driven it for a week now. Each day gets better. LOVE it. Several trips from Poughkeepsie to NYC now. Getting used to auto pilot, cruise control, high beam, phantom breaking. The latter two seem to be improving over time or maybe it's me. Also getting accustomed to actual mileage vs, guestimated battery mileage, trying to figure out where I can improve (speeds, etc). Now to figure out best way to wash and should I go the PPF route. Put mud flaps on, (note, there's an actual bolt on the rear skirt that has changed from a push lock fastener). Then the spoiler trim. Did go with the 3D floor mats, love them. Glad I didn't get the center console wrap, seems Tesla took care of that problem. And finally, found center console dividers. And, oops again, purchased a 250 GB SSD for the security system however, SA told me there is already one in the car. Have not checked out that figure yet. Anyway, everyone enjoy. I've been through this waiting game rollercoaster and the end result makes you forget all about the trials and tribulations.

Yes I use the overheat feature but I live in AZ
Definitely used Cabin Overheat Protection on our Model S and love it. It barely causes drain as it only works the fans. Sentry Mode or Summon Standby is a much higher drain. I also like that Cabin Overheat Protection helps preserve the interior from damage over the years while also reducing the workload for AC.

Reactions: BitJam