Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Also, just out of curiosity, what's the spec, mileage, and price for your X3? I understand current trade-in and used car prices are very favorable.
Yeah, honestly it’s kind of insane. There are like three places in a bidding war for my X3. It’s an xDrive30i with 32k miles, dark graphite metallic, 19” wheels, cognac leather, executive package, parking assistance package and the driver assistance plus package. The offers are ranging from $31,000 to $34,000.

Well my ED is now showing September so I think we're all in the same boat, but the way I look at is is that things are moving along and our orders haven't fallen through the cracks. It seems like this is a typical thing and then within a few days- weeks we'll get much more accurate delivery times. Hopefully this means Fremont is planning the switch back to domestic production and just planning how many vins to assign to different color/ interior/wheel/hitch/ seat configurations

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had thought the MVPA listed 15KM which would be like 9.32 miles?
the MVPA doesn't state a unit of measure. not sure why 9.3 or 15 would matter anyways. However, if for some reason it becomes a point of contention the courts will side with the generally accepted unit of measure for the country the case is brought it. In my case, car made in USA, delivered in USA, no reasonable person would anticipate the 15 was in km.

Ordered 5/15 in Ohio, just jumped to September as well. It was late June a few days ago, July-August yesterday, and now September.

A big part of why I wrote off the Mach-E is because the dealers were estimating late Q3 for new orders. Now I wonder if I should go drive both vehicles again since it’s a more-even delivery situation.

I guess I get to see what currently-advertised features Tesla rips out over the next 3 months, too.

Also, what kind of insurance requirement or calculation is this? I have never dealt with such precise insurance mileage calculations. Is this a "by the mile" and "by the day" type of insurance plans?
Starting mileage is used to figure out if you are over your insured mileage. If I buy 1000 miles worth of coverage and in the 1st moth there is a loss, they can deny a portion of the claim if the mileage is 1001 miles used at the time of the occurrence. So, I prefer on the other side of liability.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Ordered 5/15 in Ohio, just jumped to September as well. It was late June a few days ago, July-August yesterday, and now September.

A big part of why I wrote off the Mach-E is because the dealers were estimating late Q3 for new orders. Now I wonder if I should go drive both vehicles again since it’s a more-even delivery situation.
Go give the mach-E a fair shake but I'm pretty sure Ford is experiencing much worse chip shortage symptoms than anyone else. They have 100k+ f150's sitting waiting for microchips and the f150 is their highest margin product, they will sell an f150 over a mach-E any day. Your taking a risk if they can't figure out their issues.

I went with the Model Y because I have been hearing the charging curve for the Mach E isn't there yet. Also with all the major companies are going to rely on Electrify America for their charging infrastructure. That is already behind Tesla, so when Chevy, Ford, VW, BMW, Audi, Porsche etc all start piling on, what will the charging be like in 2-5 years.

For those reasons Tesla makes sense, also I am a little bias because I have been dreaming about and working towards a Tesla for a couple of years

Go give the mach-E a fair shake but I'm pretty sure Ford is experiencing much worse chip shortage symptoms than anyone else. They have 100k+ f150's sitting waiting for microchips and the f150 is their highest margin product, they will sell an f150 over a mach-E any day. Your taking a risk if they can't figure out their issues.
But if I’m OK with silver paint and RWD, I can drive 7 miles away and buy a Mach-E today. I can’t do that with a Model Y in any configuration.

I do want a Model Y, but I also want one in the advertised specs and timeline from when I ordered. 14-18 weeks is not 4-8 weeks.

I guess I get to see what currently-advertised features Tesla rips out over the next 3 months, too.
based on data the back seats are not being used enough, also up north the AC isn't being used enough, down south the heater isn't being used enough. In 2022 tires will be optional...