Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This delivery glitch is getting a bit annoying. Its like a "follow the bouncing ball"
After a week of 7/8 to 7/28, yesterday it changed to September. Then today I get June 28 - 30. I got my fingers crossed. But im sure it will change again... Annnnnd change again a few more times until i get the text or blue button.

MY LR | Black | Black | 20” Wheels | 5 seat | No FSD
Ordered 5/10 | Original EDD 2-10 weeks | Pickup Lynnwood wa
Current EDD 6/13-6/30, 6/13-6/23, 7/3-7/23, 7/7-7/27, September, 6/14-8/23, 6/19-6/23, September, 7/8 7/28 September, 6/28 630
Mine changed from 7/6 — 7/26 to September yesterday also. Today it still says September.

I had to ask about a loaner option because they didn't provide any inconvenience benefits. They shot that down and said that "Tesla doesn't do loaners" even after I stated that I literally knew people that have had loaners. I asked a total of 3 managers from 2 different stores about a loaner and all said the same "Tesla doesn't do loaners" statement. But yeah, sometimes I don't think Tesla really upholds "the right thing to do". I understand that there are part shortages across the board and supply/demand issues, but they have many options to offer me that would make me a bit more happier following this huge inconvenience.
That is a straight up lie. I'm disappointed in these employees/managers' business ethics. I can't imagine lying face-to-face to a real, human being.

My situation is the following: I have an order (currently on hold so no EDD) for a plain vanilla LR, white/black, 19", with a tow bar. Due to my residency and tax situation, I will need to pick up in Paramus, NJ which is a 4 hour drive from Boston. If I go down south to pick up, and an hour or two before my appointment while I'm on the road (having taken time off, planned for overnight stays/trip to NJ, etc.) and they tell me the car is trashed from transport and needs a month or more of repair, I'd be pretty upset.

Last edited:
While we wait, I bought Acceleration Boost and I can definitely tell the difference in pick up / acceleration beyond just from the stop. My X P90D is 0-60 in 3.8. The Y is now 4.2 and it’s FAST. For $2,000, I took the AB instead of the nicer rims and am very happy with the decision.

Glad to hear you are happy with the decision. I'm planning on adding it even though I can't come up with a very good reason to my wife. To her, good = practical. Best I have so far is that my initial plan was to get a performance 7 seater, but then obviously learned that wasn't a thing so this is cheaper anyway. She rolls her eyes but is supportive. :)

That is a straight up lie. I'm disappointed in these employees/managers' business ethics. I can't imagine lying face-to-face to a real, human being.

My situation is the following: I have an order (currently on hold so no EDD) for a plain vanilla LR, white/black, 19", with a tow bar. Due to my residency and tax situation, I will need to pick up in Paramus, NJ which is a 4 hour drive from Boston. If I go down south to pick up, and an hour or two before my appointment while I'm on the road, having taken time off, planned for overnight stays/trip to NJ, etc. and they tell me the car is trashed from transport and needs a month or more of repair, I'd be pretty upset.
100% agree!

For your situation: I have the same exact scenario. Need to drive 3 hours to the service center because my work requires me to be in another city temporarily. I made the trip and took off work to pick mine up and 4 hours before my delivery appointment is when they broke the news of my roof glass and cancelled the pickup. My advice to you is the following: Call day or two before and MAKE SURE that your car has had ALL inspections pass before you waste your time driving there. Request them to do your inspection as early as possible so they can notify you of any issues. If they care enough to help you is a different conversation lol.

Reactions: PatrickTM
This is how my MY is currently configured, but with the front windows tinted to match the rears (minus the bird poop that is deposited on the car overnight, lol.). I was going to powder coat my wheels satin black, but since it will take several days and rental cars are outrageous right now, that will be delayed. Toying with the idea of getting these:

in Satin Grey or Black to mount summer tires, and put winter tires on the Geminis...
I personally love the look of the Martian Wheels! I have heard great things about them and the company.

updated DD is now July 3 - 17th. Still no VIN assigned. Based on this and what I've read above, Tesla really has no idea when my vehicle will be delivered!
Updated DD is now back to 8/3 - 8/23. I knew it was like this, so I'm really not complaining, but it just baffles me that a company with the technology of Tesla can't manage to design a this estimator software a little better. They know what has been ordered, they know their production schedule, how hard is this really?

Reactions: BitJam
Updated DD is now back to 8/3 - 8/23. I knew it was like this, so I'm really not complaining, but it just baffles me that a company with the technology of Tesla can't manage to design a this estimator software a little better. They know what has been ordered, they know their production schedule, how hard is this really?
I'd imagine Tesla operates on a pretty lean inventory system, so they never have warehouses of random parts and microchips sitting around ... most modern manufering operations operate on a FIFO (first in/ first out) basis... so I'm guessing these ED's are wattered down estimates of their internal inventory management system telling them how many of each part they have or will have in X amount of time therefore unfortunately some configurations get pushed while others get pulled back. I'm assuming those who have ordered 3rd row MY's love it, but it must have been a nightmare for Tesla to integrate that into their SKEW management and production

Hello,

New guy around here. I placed my order on March 28. I have not, knowingly at least, placed my order on hold. I have not received a VIN or any communication other than "Reminder, complete your payment method". My EDD has been extended numerous times and is now Aug 5-Sep 4. What gives? Seems everyone is experiencing some delays with deliveries but this seems longer than most. Is this an issue of payment? Haven't received a VIN so can't imagine that is the issue. My price is lower than the current price but seriously hope that is not keeping me for getting to the front of the list.

Reactions: BitJam and cancoi
Hello,

New guy around here. I placed my order on March 28. I have not, knowingly at least, placed my order on hold. I have not received a VIN or any communication other than "Reminder, complete your payment method". My EDD has been extended numerous times and is now Aug 5-Sep 4. What gives? Seems everyone is experiencing some delays with deliveries but this seems longer than most. Is this an issue of payment? Haven't received a VIN so can't imagine that is the issue. My price is lower than the current price but seriously hope that is not keeping me for getting to the front of the list.
It sounds like your profile is not complete. If you login to your Tesla account, click “overview” under the car. You need to have a check mark where it says “Prepare For Delivery”..

Attachments

• A0152218-1A06-4BD3-9673-E0BFD3473B24.jpeg
    A0152218-1A06-4BD3-9673-E0BFD3473B24.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 76
See? Not always bad to be patient and wait. If this is true, all of those who scooped up demo cars from April will be bummed…
I need to go watch the video. If true then there should be more sites and Tesla YouTubers reporting on this soon. It definitely takes the sting off of waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I would much rather have that little bit of extra range than lumbar. If the EPA range gets recertified closer to 350-miles then I don’t really care about 4680 batteries and feel less conflicted about being so close to the MIA Y.

You're talking to the wrong guy, I cannot stand the look of black wheels, I think they're the tackiest looking thing ever. This is why the 20s are not even a consideration for me (of course, the boat-anchor weight is a deterrent as well). But since you replied to me, I'll say this: don't do it! 🤣

I really don't get this craze with black wheels, what does it matter what they look like since you see such little detail. To me they all look cheap, like they're plastidipped in shoe polish. Well, until you hit your first curb and you break the plastidip layer and it looks even more terrible :p
So wait, are you saying you DON'T like black wheels? 😂🤣😂🤣

It sounds like your profile is not complete.

Hello,

Contact your SA or SC or Tesla and find out if your profile is completed or if something is missing. Could be as simple as correcting or adding your delivery address.

Reactions: VP714 and PatrickTM
for all that want free supercharging, I understand that I have that on my M3 as it was a "giveaway" when I bought it. But in Q1 this year Tesla reported they lost $250MM in revenue from free supercharging. This is why they are talking about changing the referral program and are not offering free charging for those of us waiting for a car. They still have more demand than cars so as a business it does them nothing to give us free charging. Would i like it, yes, I am hoping that when I get my MY today as its on the same account that free charging carries over to it. I am not holding my breath but can hope
I can confirm for you that it does not transfer. Free SC is linked to the VIN of the car so if you buy an old used S that had it for free its free for you too and vice versa. If you sell your free SC car you loose free SC on the new car. 🤷🏻‍♂️

My ordering and delivery experience

I originally ordered a MYLR white/black 19" w/tow back in March, and put it on hold stupidly waiting for a potential federal rebate to materialize. By May when that didn't pan out, I took my order off hold but it appears I waited too long as the order is in the July/August/September boat that many on here are in. On 6/15 I randomly found a MYLR in inventory, new, matching my specs but in red instead. The math worked out with the NYS EV rebate and my 0.98% interest loan so I ordered it and the $ works out to similar what the original white MYLR order would have. I quickly got the VIN (instantly) and the next day got a delivery appointment for 6/24 @ Mt. Kisco near NYC.

The pickup experience was good but interesting. Mt. Kisco is a tiny location so they jam about 50+ cars in a tiny lot, essentially bumper to bumper and so close that you can't fully open the doors all the way without hitting the next car. They pushed out the lot of cars and then fill it back up again for the next group. I got there 1.5 hours early due to my 5.5 hour drive from Rochester going quicker than expected. I asked if I could take delivery early and he didn't seem sure, so I just went and found my car and started checking it out. It was parked at the end of a line of 6 cars (since my appt time was later), backed right up against some shrubs. You had to hold the shrubs down in order to open the hatch, and I couldn't look at the car from behind, but I was able to get a good enough look. Was also so close to the car in front of it that I couldn't get a good look at it from straight on until the car was moved later.

The car was in great condition overall. Some minor dirty spots and fingerprints on the headliner that they cleaned, however I should have just done it myself at home. Otherwise everything looked great with the exception of the hood. The left side of the hood had a decent sized gap while the right side of the hood was tighter. I pointed this out to the 2 delivery guys who were working with me (who by the way, were great and were frantically running to help everyone as fast as possible) however both initially said that Tesla inspects every car before it leaves the factory so it's very unlikely there can be panel gaps and it looked 'in spec' to them. While I found this odd, I checked out the hood on 5 other MY's and they were all perfectly aligned. Could I have potentially just overlooked the gap and been happy? Maybe. But I figured if it was a quick adjustment it was worth asking. The one guy brought out a gauge tool that measures gaps and sure enough found that it was out of spec in 3 spots.

They brought it in the service center and 20 mins later it came out looking perfectly aligned. They said they had to remove the whole hood and the frunk plastic in order to do it. I found out after I drove 350 miles home that when they did this work, they caused a very minor dent in the middle of the hood. It's hard to see and I can live with it or can get it removed in the future. If I could do it over again and go back in time, I may just have left the gap, but either way it's fine.

The 5.5 hour drive home went well. Autopilot worked great (and trained itself within 30 mins) except for about 5 phantom breaking incidents that hopefully will get better over time, and my bluetooth phone call connection breaking and only allowing me to hear the other person but they couldn't hear me. This persisted for the rest of the trip, has anyone ever had this before? Does a screen reboot fix it? I also found when I got home that the sticker on the door jam is the wrong VIN and is for another car, blue. I'm just going to cross out the bad info and correct it so there's no confusion in the future. Kind of funny.

I got 1 small rock chip on my rear door panel from no mudflaps or PPF on the drive home. I ordered the Tesla touch up kit and will get it, and I have mudflaps coming this weekend along with PPF whenever Tesla gets them back in stock. The 18 year old version of me would have lost sleep for 2 days over a rock chip and tiny dent however the current version of me understands its a car and life goes on.

Overall, quite satisfied with the car. Driving it is a blast, friends and family love it, and so far it's everything I had hoped. The ordering and waiting anxiety sucks and I don't have any helpful tips to offer as I would ignore them all if it were me waiting for my car again.

Next up is to order some floor mats before Winter, and figure out how to get the tow hitch cover off without ruining the plastic (any tips? I watched YouTube and read on here but the cover is so tight to the surroundings I don't want to ruin it).
Gratz! What a beauty!

Reactions: elguapo and cancoi
Contact your SA or SC or Tesla and find out if your profile is completed or if something is missing. Could be as simple as correcting or adding your delivery address.
Hmm, I could be wrong, but the fact that @260guy has an EDD leads me to believe that there is a delivery address/DC assigned to the car. However, good advice to check with the SA for sure to make sure the profile is otherwise complete.

I don't think you need to complete financing right now. I've heard the following advice: tell your SA you're paying in cash. Then once VIN is assigned, then go through financing. If you finance now it'll expire well before the car is delivered, and you'll have to re-apply anyway, taking two "hard" credit hits.

So a quick update: I just checked in with my SA on my situation, car is in production and scheduled to leave the factory on 7/1. Factor in the 10-14 day transport to FL and I should get my car towards the end of the current EDD 7/2-17 🙄 Glad to at least know they've soft matched me to a VIN 🤞🏻there are no more shenanigans and I get this time around... Love you @elguapo but I do not care to follow in your 3x the charm foot steps ❤️😂