Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered March 27 and am still waiting. I've had several revisions on when to expect a VIN (June 5, June 14, June 28, July 5... I'm sure you see the pattern). Just got a note that it will be pushed out further. I ordered a MSM MY LR AWD 5 Seat Black Interior with Tow Package no FSD.
So not the only one, unfortunately. EDD is now Sept 10, but SA claims it will probably be late July, early August.

Lol. I did a few milliseconds after! Waiting for the SC to open so that I can talk to the delivery guys and see if I can bring this baby home.
Delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I spent all of this morning arranging financing. Two front runners were Bank of America and DCU. It was a pain trying to get DCU to process everything, which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in them. I also got Tesla to match the DCU rate @ 1.24% for 72 months. Tesla's finance department has been a pleasure to work with. They are so responsive!!

So not the only one, unfortunately. EDD is now Sept 10, but SA claims it will probably be late July, early August.
I'd be really curious to hear from others on this forum who ordered a MY LR in MSM/Black and have received their car in the past month. It really looks like those receiving their cars ordered red, blue or white. I've read through pages of history to see if anyone has and haven't seen any MSM's delivered lately.

771 pages in and I got my magic blue button, VIN 220XXX, delivery confirmation text, and final payment processed all in the same day (today!!!) 🥳 🤩 🌠 🎆

Ecstatic, relieved, nervous, happy, anxious, relaxed, thankful, and all the words in between. It's been a heck of a ride! Truly appreciative of the forum and thread with all the useful information! My patience has never been tested to this degree! All that's left barring any setbacks is delivery of my very OWN MYP to my home on 6/30 9am-6pm.

To all those still waiting, DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WAIT. It is not easy being patient and I know it sounds difficult but do what you must to hang on!!! For those in CA shoutout to providing the tip on Marina Del Rey Delivery Center! The rep I spoke to made it happen haha!

On a finishing note, I can bet my bottom dollar that I'm perhaps the most IMPATIENT person on this thread lol! My significant other will now be able to sleep as she has been extremely patient with me by putting up with my accessories purchases, YouTube, and constantly scouring the forums.

Pictures soon to come... #teamblack

The wait... is... over!!!!

Well everyone, I finally joined the Tesla owners club :D Picked up the new ride yesterday, VIN 216XXX.

It's been a crazy rollercoaster since I placed my order early April. I had virtually every EDD imaginable; from later April to September. I had been pretty confident I was getting it by end of June, but when I reached out to my SA last week he had the horrible news I was getting booted to mid July. I was obviously pretty irritated, but to his credit, a few minutes later he located my exact config at a location across state. Decided the mini road trip was worth it to finally get my car and be done with this purgatory.

PXL_20210628_192645817.NIGHT.jpg

FWIW, the electricians also called today. 100A service plus 14-50 and standard 120 volt outlet at driveway will cost $2.5K. Same with 200A service is $2.9K. I asked for the 200A service and they said they could probably get it all done this week, maybe tomorrow, assuming they have the parts.

I knew this wasn't going to be cheap because they need to bring in more power from the street. I was planning to have central AC or a central evaporative cooler installed so I would have had to get the service amperage increased anyway even without the Tesla. Besides, it will be very convenient to be able to plug in my vacuum at the driveway.

It feels like everything was on hold or moving in slow motion for the past month and then today the dam burst.
Awesome! Gratz!

Reactions: BitJam and elguapo
I need to find a non-fanboy review, but I want it.
I wouldn’t call myself a fanboy, to be honest. I have had several Teslas, but I am happy to call Tesla out when they *sugar* the bed and they made me go through two “almost yours” Ys before I got my actual Y.

What’s most noticeable about the boost is less the acceleration from a stop, than the significant increase in power above say 15-20mph. If you touch it, it flies. And I say that as an X P90D owner whose car goes 0-60 in 3.8s. The Y’s AB is excellent and helpful in the highway. Worth it? Depends on who is buying…you will absolutely notice the difference between the MYLR and adding AB.

As I said before, if I had $2,000, I’d easily choose AB over the induction rims.

Background - Way back in February I placed an order for a white MY LR. Shortly after I put it on hold hoping the tax rebate would be reinstated. Then in April I came upon a correctly priced SR (i.e. None of the price increases were applied. $39.9K plus paint and wheels). I bought it. I loved the car, but I was offered a lot more than I paid for it so I sold my brand new (1420 miles) MY SR for a profit and promptly ordered the LR I had a RN for. They honored the Feb. price so I stuck with the white color even though I had wanted to change it to blue. I can get it wrapped for the $4K it would have cost to change the color! I haven't seen a thing about my EDD. I'm guessing September. Where does it show up when they finally issue you an EDD?

Thanks

Reactions: BitJam and und2000
Not a single VIN assigned today as per the tracker spreadsheet. And on multiple threads I only read about one person getting VIN today (not sure if was last night or today). This hasn't happened since the time I joined here (>1 month, 5/24 order). I wonder if this the calm before the storm - or it's business as usual and all the VINs for Q2 has been taken !

Not a single VIN assigned today as per the tracker spreadsheet. And on multiple threads I only read about one person getting VIN today (not sure if was last night or today). This hasn't happened since the time I joined here (>1 month, 5/24 order). I wonder if this the calm before the storm - or it's business as usual and all the VINs for Q2 has been taken !
I got my vin today, just haven’t put it in the tracker yet … waiting to take deliver Wednesday

since they update every morning on the delivery dates at 8am Texas time. I saw that it asked me to pay and gave me a vin and a delivery between 6/28 - 6/30. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I was getting worried because the last 6 days have said September.
Congratulations to you, but this is a crazy system when we have to either be worried or happy to see our delivery dates jump to September!

Reactions: BitJam
I picked up my car! There were a bunch of problems with the shipping company. They were four hours late (from their original estimate). They did call an hour before showing up. They kept telling me to go to Walmart. I went to Walmart. They drove past Walmart and dropped the car off at Alberstons (another grocery store about 1/4 mile away). So I walked to Albertsons. I'm allowed to leave my old car overnight at Walmart but I don't know if I can do that at Albertsons. They handed over the key card without even asking for ID or anything. There was only one key card. The driver said take it or leave it. They didn't even bother to attach the temporary plate.

By this time it was raining so I took delivery of the car and figured I could get the other issues ironed out (such as the car not showing up in the app) after I got home. Sentry Mode is greyed out. The Telsa USB stick is in the glove box and seems to be plugged in. The SA I had on the phone said I shouldn't need to format the USB stick but ISTM that is the best thing to try now.

On the short drive home I saw a double rainbow in the sky. Despite the minor difficulties I took this to be a good omen. Now I've finally seen and driven a Tesla!

I picked up my car! There were a bunch of problems with the shipping company. They were four hours late (from their original estimate). They did call an hour before showing up. They kept telling me to go to Walmart. I went to Walmart. They drove past Walmart and dropped the car off at Alberstons (another grocery store about 1/4 mile away). So I walked to Albertsons. I'm allowed to leave my old car overnight at Walmart but I don't know if I can do that at Albertsons. They handed over the key card without even asking for ID or anything. There was only one key card. The driver said take it or leave it. They didn't even bother to attach the temporary plate.

By this time it was raining so I took delivery of the car and figured I could get the other issues ironed out (such as the car not showing up in the app) after I got home. Sentry Mode is greyed out. The Telsa USB stick is in the glove box and seems to be plugged in. The SA I had on the phone said I shouldn't need to format the USB stick but ISTM that is the best thing to try now.

On the short drive home I saw a double rainbow in the sky. Despite the minor difficulties I took this to be a good omen. Now I've finally seen and driven a Tesla!
Sorry it sucked with respect to delivery, but congrats!

Sentry mode won’t work with the USB plugged in anyway. I haven’t seen anyone without the radar post that their Sentry Mode works. There’s a whole different thread about it. Enjoy!