Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I am starting to wonder if Tesla is not fulfilling April orders on purpose, the cost difference between April and now for the same config is at least a couple $1000. Having those orders canceled and then reordered at a later date would not only give them the $100 order fee but also the additional cost per vehicle. No issue for Tesla just extra money.
It seems like it would be a big issue for Tesla if they don’t actually follow through with an order, though I’m sure they would refund the 100.00 if they went past the 5-11 week delivery period with enough arm twisting.

Hey everyone - weekly check in. Updated my signature with my details #TeamBlue.

Trade in is about to expire for the 3rd time.. Let's see how much money I lose this time.. SA has no updates - no one can tell me when anything is scheduled to be built. Last thing I heard from the SA that didn't include the words "no update" was a few weeks back she said, "Don't expect to be in a vehicle before September."

3 months is definitely longer than the estimate when I ordered it, but I guess that's life. I hope everyone else is doing good waiting.
Hopefully you will get your soon. I ordered about a week before you and just picked mine up last Friday. The team at the SA location was awesome!

Silly question where is the estimated delivery date. I placed order last week and got tesla financing approved. Am i forgetting to fill something out. This is a little different than when I got my 3 in 2018
It will appear on the account page like the attached screenshot.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 5.57.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 5.57.14 PM.png
    371.5 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: KJD
Hmm ...I did order my MY around 11:00 AM today 7/26 (doing my bit to push the SP up*) I just read carefully the 4-page (two really, since p1 is a terse summary of features and p4 is only one paragraph pertaining to NY State, MA, MI Wash DC and RI), and saw no mention of anything battery related. All seems right according to what I expected (final price is fixed as of today, changing configuration could change that, etc). Could they have changed that agreement since May?

Gratuitous thoughts: Tesla only agreed to deliver a MY with the LR mileage capacity (326 mi @ EPA rating) mentioned. Were they to deliver a car with more capacity they could simply limit it via software, and offer additional range as paid option.

(*) Yes, joke or premonition of weird non SP action, just in case.
I haven't seen the words myself, just going from a previous post on this almost 1,000 pages of posts. I could see that Tesla might call the version that is going to come out of Austin some new flavor and you might have to order that specifically. It will have new castings, a new structural battery and new batteries. Maybe that would be different enough that they consider what you are ordering now not to be that MY.

Just forwarding some info from Nikola369 on a other thread, i know a lot are bummed that they lost their EDD.

Nikola369 said:
Spoke with my SA and apparently the website is moving to an internal system which has messed things up for some accounts. Apparently they’re working to get it fixed ASAP for peoples timelines to come back.
The same internal system it's always moving to and breaking stuff. Just make the damn car already!