Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also forgot to mention:

-While using FSD on streets (Not on highway) it will slow down for EVERY traffic light whether it’s red or green. This is very annoying. It should already noticed that the light is green and continue through, instead you have to confirm to continue through the green light just like you have to confirm lane changes.

Reactions: Bratta718
One week update.

Things I learned after taking delivery:

-Ohio made a law where you don’t get your 1000 miles of supercharge for free
-Buy your mud flaps from Amazon because the ones from Tesla only have front flaps
-PPF on rear doors will come complimentary at certain locations (Easton is one of them)
-Don’t buy wall connector just install a 14-50 outlet & buy $35 to charge
-Don’t buy USB drive for Sentry Mode or Dash Cam because the Model Y comes with it installed already.
-If you see panel gaps at delivery or pickup, don’t worry about it. Still accept it. Just let them know days later about the gaps and they will come out to you to fix them.
-Wireless chargers charge iPhone 12 Pro Max very slow
-Superchargers charge faster the lower the battery is (Don’t let battery get lower than 10%)
-Do not use aftermarket door lights that shine the Tesla logo on the ground when you open your door (You will shatter your window)
-You will get a lot of envious jealous looks while driving & exiting car after you park
Why will the aftermarket lights “shatter your window”?

Wow, this is a very very long thread. I live in Illinois and not that I am buying the Model S or X but the current est. delivery date for those cars are between Feb and Mar if one is to order now. Model Y is November, and Model 3 is between 8-14 weeks.:eek:
Burbs here… yea demand seems to be out of control and seems like they’re dealing with supply chain and parts shortage issues. All I see on new car lots in the area is the from the Koreans, kia and Hyundai.

Preorder for the bmw ix and i4 is looking like summer 2022 delivery timeframe. November/ 8-14 weeks doesn’t sound bad comparatively. Inventory and demos become available near the end of every quarter too. Some on the board here have been able to snag inventory Y’s much faster than their edd’s

Reactions: PatrickTM
Reading all these responses makes me think my EDD is waaaaaaay off. Just ordered 7/23 MYP white with black interior, no tow, no FSD, 5 seat and my EDD is Aug 5 - Sept 4 last two days now.
Same location. Same build with tow. Ordered 5/24 EDD is now Aug 14- Sept 3rd. Unless some miracle happens I think you probably might may could happen get it in Oct.

Burbs here… yea demand seems to be out of control and seems like they’re dealing with supply chain and parts shortage issues. All I see on new car lots in the area is the from the Koreans, kia and Hyundai.

Preorder for the bmw ix and i4 is looking like summer 2022 delivery timeframe. November/ 8-14 weeks doesn’t sound bad comparatively. Inventory and demos become available near the end of every quarter too. Some on the board here have been able to snag inventory Y’s much faster than their edd’s
Yep, funny because about 1 week ago, I got a delivery time of Sept 15-30, then disappeared as fast as it came, it was gone the following day. It's only been about 10 days since I released my hold order and completed the pre-order stuff. Been approved for the loan, got proof of insurance, etc. I was actually glad I did the order then hold in May and saved myself $2500. The current price now is 53,990 + 1K for MSM paint = $54,990 without incentive because it's Illinois. I got mine at $52,490 MSM. Funny how the cars worth is more now...no wonder the resale value on these cars are almost as much as the brand new one.

Yep, funny because about 1 week ago, I got a delivery time of Sept 15-30, then disappeared as fast as it came, it was gone the following day. It's only been about 10 days since I released my hold order and completed the pre-order stuff. Been approved for the loan, got proof of insurance, etc. I was actually glad I did the order then hold in May and saved myself $2500. The current price now is 53,990 + 1K for MSM paint = $54,990 without incentive because it's Illinois. I got mine at $52,490 MSM. Funny how the cars worth is more now...no wonder the resale value on these cars are almost as much as the brand new one.
Sold my bmw in may and have been sharing my wife’s car since… it’s been expensive to keep her happy with the car share schedule (we know most at neimanns on a first name basis)

I locked my price in at early June level, expecting it to hold its value pretty well. The bimmer value sank like a stone.

Here is a link to the thread that has the teslike spreadsheet where people have been adding their information to. I think the current time all time average for the model y is 67 days but I can’t confirm because I am on mobile right now.

731 VINs received this year...average is 45 days from order date to VIN received:
1627443845750.png

Why will the aftermarket lights “shatter your window”?
when you open your door, the window rolls down about a quarter inch and then when you shut your door it rolls back up. The aftermarket lights do not have the chip or technology in them to do this action for you. once installed, when you try to shut your door this will happen..

Attachments

• 227316B7-338A-46DE-8324-A50A2C025EF3.png
    227316B7-338A-46DE-8324-A50A2C025EF3.png
    798.9 KB · Views: 58
Hey thanks for the information. Do you remember who you talked to? Since we have such similar builds, close order dates, and same location - I'll consider mine to be right on track with yours. Let me know if you want me to go in next week so we can alternate bugging them!! Thanks again!
No problem. I spoke with a young guy named Leno or Ledo, apologize I can't remember exactly. That was the only question I had so I was in and out in about five minutes. Sure, head on out next weekend. We'll tag #teamblue them.

Here is a link to the thread that has the teslike spreadsheet where people have been adding their information to. I think the current time all time average for the model y is 67 days but I can’t confirm because I am on mobile right now.

The sheet says 64 days. But some people have input the EDD as the delivery date, and everybody knows that is a useless data point.

For those of us still waiting, average wait time is 65 days:
View attachment 689050
I copied that entire sheet into excel and cleaned it up, pivoting on LR vs P and different colors and states creates some crazy mind games. I tried to clean it up by adding a column for "delivery dates" that seemed like EDD's not actual deliveries and the numbers shifted further out with those corrections.

when you open your door, the window rolls down about a quarter inch and then when you shut your door it rolls back up. The aftermarket lights do not have the chip or technology in them to do this action for you. once installed, when you try to shut your door this will happen..

Of all the review for the ones I bought this was the most in line with your post.

BDEB9219-42DE-4833-9B41-F206BE2E382E.jpeg

I copied that entire sheet into excel and cleaned it up, pivoting on LR vs P and different colors and states creates some crazy mind games. I tried to clean it up by adding a column for "delivery dates" that seemed like EDD's not actual deliveries and the numbers shifted further out with those corrections.
So what was your calculation of the average wait time? 64 days does not sound right because I’ve been waiting about 80 days already!

Reactions: drivethefuture