Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
history:
04.17 - 05.06
04.18 - 05.06
04.19 - 05.06
04.20 - 05.06
04.21 - 05.06
04.22 - 05.06
04.23 - 05.06
1-10 weeks

Just now:
April 28 - May 18

still don't understand, company with AI, all the technology, can't plan, knowing all the orders and configurations, production and deliveries for customers.

still don't understand, company with AI, all the technology, can't plan, knowing all the orders and configurations, production and deliveries for customers.
Not sure what technology has to do with it. Everyone is facing this. The Suez cannel was blocked and created a worldwide disruption in supplies. Things trickle down as each vendor relies on a chain of upstream vendors. If vendors can't give Tesla accurate timelines, then that trickles down to us the consumer.

It'll take a couple of weeks before the dust settles and people are getting accurate delivery dates again.

I'm up to 5/5-5/25 now. I really hope this reverses course. I think if it didn't keep moving further away I wouldn't care as much, but keeping a 3-4 week window that's constantly moving further away is so frustrating.

TSLAMY_DelivEst_4_10_21_8_00_AM.png

Not sure what technology has to do with it. Everyone is facing this. The Suez cannel was blocked and created a worldwide disruption in supplies. Things trickle down as each vendor relies on a chain of upstream vendors. If vendors can't give Tesla accurate timelines, then that trickles down to us the consumer.

It'll take a couple of weeks before the dust settles and people are getting accurate delivery dates again.
If I rememeber it was always like that at Tesla. Susez has nothing to do with it!

Reactions: olsookie
No they've been fairly steady on ETA/Delivery for at least the last 5 months I've been following this forum. This is fairly unprecedented in terms of recent history.
To me it "feels" like a pause in production while there is a bit of an update to the production line. It lines up too well with the change to the design site showing the new console etc. Once that gets sorted out we'll get some fresh delivery dates.

Until then back to hitting Refresh!

FWIW, here's how things have progressed thus far for me.

April 5
Placed order for Model Y LR AWD, 5 Seater, Blue, 19-inch Geminis, Tow-Hitch

April 6
Delivery date was set to April 30-May20

April 7
Delivery Date changed to April 29-May 19

April 9
Delivery Date changed to April 27-May 17

April 10
Delivery Date changed to April 11 - April 26

No they've been fairly steady on ETA/Delivery for at least the last 5 months I've been following this forum. This is fairly unprecedented in terms of recent history.
FWIW, here's how things have progressed thus far for me.

April 5
Placed order for Model Y LR AWD, 5 Seater, Blue, 19-inch Geminis, Tow-Hitch

April 6
Delivery date was set to April 30-May20

April 7
Delivery Date changed to April 29-May 19

April 9
Delivery Date changed to April 27-May 17

April 10
Delivery Date changed to April 11 - April 26
So even if I ordered on March 22, mart ordered April 5, his delivery date is April 11 - April 26 and mine April 28 - May 18 and you want to tell me that Suez problems caused it? I guess Blue paint is available and Midnight Silver not :)

Model Y @ Marina Del Rey
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Ordered 4/7 with an estimated delivery date 7-10 weeks out.

After completing checklist, terms, I'm awaiting a VIN for insurance purposes with an estimated delivery date around 4/11-5/11.
Update this morning new time frame: April 12 - April 28

I just came back from the Tesla SC and while the parking lot was near empty, they did get a shipment in yesterday. I got all excited as I saw my exact configuration Model Y in the ready room. The manager there checked my RN number and confirmed that this was not mine. I told him I hadn't received a VIN yet and he said many are not getting advanced notices on VIN. But he checked Fremont and said my order hadn't been scheduled yet. He also told me that my SA is checking daily for the VIN. Apparently they have good tracking records on what each agent is doing for the customer. I hear so many horror stories on the Service centers but ours seems to be very customer responsive.

I did examine the Y and found zero defects in panel gaps and alignments so that was reassuring. I also met the guy who does the inspection and detailing before they pull it into the ready room.

I told the manager, if that customer refuses delivery, just put me next on the list. :)

Meanwhile my order page still shows 1-10 weeks.
Ordered March 27: MY AWD LR White - B&W 5 seat 19" wheels.

We ordered a white/white LR AWD w/tow hitch, no FSD, and induction wheels on March 9. Initially I picked delivery at a service center but then they set an appointment to have it delivered to my home on the 24th with me having no say in the matter. I had to delay delivery as I wouldn't be ready for delivery until April 16th and I delayed it until April 4 figuring, in typical Tesla fashion, they would be in no rush to deliver at the beginning of the quarter. After hitting the "I'm ready" button on the 4th I got no delivery estimate until yesterday: it showed April 12-May 2 for delivery. I kind of panicked thinking I'd have to delay delivery again on the small chance it really did show up before the 16th. Fortunately today it changed to April 24-May 14. I'm taking these dates with a slight grain of salt as it looks like their systems are going crazy changing delivery dates daily so I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days.
Latest update in this daily debacle: April 11-23 for delivery. Yes that’s tomorrow. No I’m not taking those dates seriously.

I just came back from the Tesla SC and while the parking lot was near empty, they did get a shipment in yesterday. I got all excited as I saw my exact configuration Model Y in the ready room. The manager there checked my RN number and confirmed that this was not mine. I told him I hadn't received a VIN yet and he said many are not getting advanced notices on VIN. But he checked Fremont and said my order hadn't been scheduled yet. He also told me that my SA is checking daily for the VIN. Apparently they have good tracking records on what each agent is doing for the customer. I hear so many horror stories on the Service centers but ours seems to be very customer responsive.

I did examine the Y and found zero defects in panel gaps and alignments so that was reassuring. I also met the guy who does the inspection and detailing before they pull it into the ready room.

I told the manager, if that customer refuses delivery, just put me next on the list. :)

Meanwhile my order page still shows 1-10 weeks.
Ordered March 27: MY AWD LR White - B&W 5 seat 19" wheels.
Any new headlights?

I ordered 4/3 and have a delivery date of 4/20 right now. Didn't know, since I am in TX, if you have to pay your down payment before they physically ship the vehicle. Seems weird to me. But I went ahead and did it to see if there is any movement.