Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 4/3 and have a delivery date of 4/20 right now. Didn't know, since I am in TX, if you have to pay your down payment before they physically ship the vehicle. Seems weird to me. But I went ahead and did it to see if there is any movement.
How were you able to make a payment on the site? Did you get a VIN assigned? The next thing for me to do on my profile is to upload my insurance but I cannot get insurance without a VIN yet. Also located in TX.

Reactions: sloth
I just came back from the Tesla SC and while the parking lot was near empty, they did get a shipment in yesterday. I got all excited as I saw my exact configuration Model Y in the ready room. The manager there checked my RN number and confirmed that this was not mine. I told him I hadn't received a VIN yet and he said many are not getting advanced notices on VIN. But he checked Fremont and said my order hadn't been scheduled yet. He also told me that my SA is checking daily for the VIN. Apparently they have good tracking records on what each agent is doing for the customer. I hear so many horror stories on the Service centers but ours seems to be very customer responsive.

I did examine the Y and found zero defects in panel gaps and alignments so that was reassuring. I also met the guy who does the inspection and detailing before they pull it into the ready room.

I told the manager, if that customer refuses delivery, just put me next on the list. :)

Meanwhile my order page still shows 1-10 weeks.
Ordered March 27: MY AWD LR White - B&W 5 seat 19" wheels.
Rant warning.
I decided to try this. Not only has my SC not received a shipment, they have one of those kid model s power toys as their only show car currently. My SA bullshitted me about why he’s been non-responsive and why my delivery date has been slipping for about 20 minutes. What really pisses me off right now is he found my estimated build date to be April 30 which is the same day my trade in offer expires. His suggestion was to make sure I stay under 1000 miles until I take delivery (currently estimated for May 15) and hopefully they’ll still accept it, but he’s not confident in that. I feel like I can’t even use my own car now, it’s so freaking annoying. Some other points he made include “we can’t build cars right now”, “it’s the microchip shortage”, “there is nothing my manager or I can do, you best bet would be to contact Elon at this point”, “no one in Florida has an April delivery estimate currently”. I wanted to go full Karen with those last two statements but I feel like I controlled myself for the most part. I tried to calmly explain that as my SA he is the only contact I’ve been given for the entire process. Not responding to me for a week is pissing me off. Ultimately I cannot believe how bad the experience has been. Everything starting with test drives all the way to now has been handled completely different than what they say to anticipate. I’m hoping they pull through in the end and I’m so impressed with my model y none of this will matter. Right now I’m just so frustrated.

Rant warning.
I decided to try this. Not only has my SC not received a shipment, they have one of those kid model s power toys as their only show car currently. My SA bullshitted me about why he’s been non-responsive and why my delivery date has been slipping for about 20 minutes. What really pisses me off right now is he found my estimated build date to be April 30 which is the same day my trade in offer expires. His suggestion was to make sure I stay under 1000 miles until I take delivery (currently estimated for May 15) and hopefully they’ll still accept it, but he’s not confident in that. I feel like I can’t even use my own car now, it’s so freaking annoying. Some other points he made include “we can’t build cars right now”, “it’s the microchip shortage”, “there is nothing my manager or I can do, you best bet would be to contact Elon at this point”, “no one in Florida has an April delivery estimate currently”. I wanted to go full Karen with those last two statements but I feel like I controlled myself for the most part. I tried to calmly explain that as my SA he is the only contact I’ve been given for the entire process. Not responding to me for a week is pissing me off. Ultimately I cannot believe how bad the experience has been. Everything starting with test drives all the way to now has been handled completely different than what they say to anticipate. I’m hoping they pull through in the end and I’m so impressed with my model y none of this will matter. Right now I’m just so frustrated.
Now im worried because I also have a trade in.

FWIW, here's how things have progressed thus far for me.

April 5
Placed order for Model Y LR AWD, 5 Seater, Blue, 19-inch Geminis, Tow-Hitch

April 6
Delivery date was set to April 30-May20

April 7
Delivery Date changed to April 29-May 19

April 9
Delivery Date changed to April 27-May 17

April 10
Delivery Date changed to April 11 - April 26
i order the same date with the same color and configuration less tow-hitch. btw did your configuration drop 1k in price? i’m asking my SA to verify.

Any new headlights?
I looked and asked. Those are only on the P version. The future? ...maybe but not the ones coming in now. I didn't see any MY P versions in the lot. They had two blue new MY LR outside that just arrived, one all Black and the other B&W interior. Both had Induction wheels. The only good news I derived was that they are receiving shipments of MY's and M3's.

Rant warning.
Sorry your SC is playing you. I understand how frustrating that can be. I had a similar experience with a Nissan dealer and walked out. I selected my SA at the show room last year when I bought my S. He was the only one who was enthusiastic and acted like he was thrilled to be working for Tesla.

The trade-in offer was accepted on April the 5th although my order deposit went in on the 27th. I got several automatic estimates from Carmax and they were lower than Tesla. Didn't try Carvana. I did the estimates with several mileage numbers 1000 apart from the current as my wife will put 250 miles a week on our trade. The difference was about $30 per 1000 miles. Not a big deal but if Tesla tries to mess with the accepted offer too much I am prepared to pay cash for the Tesla and sell my Trade to Carmax or other. Just more work for me. If you think Tesla people are bad try dealing with the DMV. They try my patience.

Anyway keep us posted on your progress.