Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original Order placed March 14th for LR Black
Change order to different color (gray) March 24th
Contacted by customer service March 27th to be sold some other config - was told end of quarter, etc.. Declined that
March 27th given a new date- Mid may
Mid may date updated to April 24-May 2
April 10th - VIN assigned - Scheduled delivery April 21

VIN 173k

Hope it helps

Reactions: ropogigio724
Just got a new window, and also got a VIN – 176,8XX, it shows on the webpage, didn't have to look at page source, here's the updated timeline:

Code:
4/10 10:23
Order placed, filled out registration info etc

4/10
Estimated Delivery: May 02 - May 22

4/10 04:34:
Estimated Delivery: April 11 - April 24

4/10 16:33
Estimated Delivery: April 12 - April 24

4/12 02:14
Estimated Delivery: April 13- April 24

4/12 14:23
Estimated Delivery: April 14 - April 24

4/13 04:33
Estimated Delivery: April 14 - April 25

4/13 07:03
Estimated Delivery: 6 - 10 weeks from order placed date

4/13 15:13
VIN assigned
Estimated Delivery: April 15 - April 17

Last edited:
FWIW, I spoke with an SA a few days ago. He also mentioned that recently deliveries for my area (West Coast) ended in March. For the next few months, allocations will be for other areas. He said he would not expect to see more MY deliveries until June.
I removed the hold on my account for a MYP (white/black with tow hitch) and saw today that the estimated delivery quoted today is May 10 - May 30.

Mine just changed to may 04 - may 24 from april 28. Here is why I am annoyed. to be honest I don't care about waiting. But I felt rushed to do my trade in, rushed to do financing, so I did all that and they don't even have a car ready.

Last edited:
FWIW, I spoke with an SA a few days ago. He also mentioned that recently deliveries for my area (West Coast) ended in March. For the next few months, allocations will be for other areas. He said he would not expect to see more MY deliveries until June.
I removed the hold on my account for a MYP (white/black with tow hitch) and saw today that the estimated delivery quoted today is May 10 - May 30.
I am taking delivery this week in the Bay Area, 19 miles away from the Fremont factory. I believe a few others are getting their cars in the area too. I think your SA is not giving you accurate info.

• Love
Reactions: _ayn
Mine just changed to may 04 - may 24 from april 28. Here is why I am annoyed. to be honest I don't care about waiting. But I felt rushed to do my trade in, rushed to do financing, so I did all that and they don't even have a car ready.
I'm mostly stressed about the value of my trade in changing over the next month. I got a good price from Carvana now, but it might go down a bit by mid-May.

Reactions: CRL7
Order Placed on Saturday, 4/10 --
Exterior: White
Interior: Black
Wheels: 20" Induction
FSD: No
Hitch: No

Completed all of the order process

Account shows May 6 to May 28th for estimated delivery.

Here's to hoping it's sooner, or at least remotely accurate.

Just posted this in the other thread after my order updated to 4/29-5/10.
TSLAMY_DelivEst_4_14_21_8_00_AM.png

I don't mind the trade-in offer changing as there are other options I can do if it is too bad but I'm up against the wire on insurance renewal. I don't want to be paying insurance on 3 cars.
How does your insurance work and who is your provider? I have Progressive Direct and to change from my current car to the MY I only have to pay the difference based on the number of days remaining in my policy. So the MY will add like $400/year to my policy total, I just renewed in March, and they only want $150ish to swap from my junker to the MY on the day of my choosing.

How does your insurance work and who is your provider? I have Progressive Direct and to change from my current car to the MY I only have to pay the difference based on the number of days remaining in my policy. So the MY will add like $400/year to my policy total, I just renewed in March, and they only want $150ish to swap from my junker to the MY on the day of my choosing.
Yeah I have a same question about insurance too. I just got my vin today. Do I add it now or wait until I receive a delivery date?