Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious if the Texas delays are a configuration "shortage"
So far I have see tow and no tow, black and black and white seats, only 5 seats (I ordered a 5, so that's not the delay, but 7's could take longer), with and without FSD. Long range only (no standard I saw and no performance either I think - both of those may take longer), both types of wheels.

I think its the color? I saw a lot of people with white get VINs, one black (I think) and some blue.

Mine is red. It could be they have a shortage of colors (like silver and red) or they are saving those for last off the production line. Just a theory, I don't know everyone's builds.

I have yet to see anyone with a black exterior get a VIN and confirmed delivery date, which tells me that's the last color production run. I did see 1 but that looked like existing inventory assigned 🤷‍♂️ time will tell. I did see positive movement for a couple of the Philly folks on here and they had ordered a week before me, so that gives me hope mine isnt too far behind!

Order date slipped again. It's really annoying trying to get financing done on this schedule. I'm pretty sure 7 - 11 weeks was outside my estimated delivery window when I ordered as well.

April 20: May 27 - June 26
My delivery estimate moved again to May 28 - June 27. Order placed 4/7. 7 - 11 weeks estimate.

LRMY, MSM, 20 in. Wheels, FSD. All other options standard. Bay Area. Unfortunate because it looks like people who have ordered after me have earlier dates.

This process has been extremely frustrating. Went into Tesla for a test drive mid March and they pushed us to order that day, if not, we wouldn't get one until June. So, we went ahead and ordered a white MYP, white interior, hitch and no FSD. We kind of expected a 3 - 4 week window to get everything ready but got out VIN# in just a couple of days. We panicked and ended up pausing the order. I really wanted to sell my truck first, which I actually sold the day after we paused and that was really the main thing. I placed my order again but changed color to black on 3/31 and my date has changed almost everyday. Yesterday I was showing 4/27 - 5/10 and I really thought it was going to happen this time as some who ordered after me, have delivery dates. Nope, today it's 5/10 - 5/30. My bank loan with a great rate expires on 5/8, so here we go. They really need to do something about this process...

This process has been extremely frustrating. Went into Tesla for a test drive mid March and they pushed us to order that day, if not, we wouldn't get one until June. So, we went ahead and ordered a white MYP, white interior, hitch and no FSD. We kind of expected a 3 - 4 week window to get everything ready but got out VIN# in just a couple of days. We panicked and ended up pausing the order. I really wanted to sell my truck first, which I actually sold the day after we paused and that was really the main thing. I placed my order again but changed color to black on 3/31 and my date has changed almost everyday. Yesterday I was showing 4/27 - 5/10 and I really thought it was going to happen this time as some who ordered after me, have delivery dates. Nope, today it's 5/10 - 5/30. My bank loan with a great rate expires on 5/8, so here we go. They really need to do something about this process...
Oh man that's rough. I had something similar where back in Nov I was days away from delivery, but couldn't get my car sold. So I ended up putting it on hold until a couple weeks ago. And now I'm in this drawn out holding pattern like everyone else.

I will recommend keeping an eye on inventory at the Seattle and Portland locations. I've seen a number of MYPs show up the past few days. May not match your exact config, but could be an option if you're flexible.

Here's something else you can look forward to: Jacksonville will be getting a new Supercharger location with 12 V3 250KW chargers on Philips Hwy and Bowden Road at the WAWA station. This was permitted approved late last year. This is only 2 miles from my house. :)
Our new V3 250KW Supercharger is under construction, just in time for our new Model Y. This will increase our city's SC to 20 250KW chargers.
Local SC construction1.jpg
Local SC construction2.jpg

Reactions: ZC3505 and Sponch
I'm sure there's an easier method but I just looked for Current inventory and changed the zip code to various cities within a radius I was comfortable driving to/from to see if there were any available. Last week, nada. Yesterday and today, there's a few. I looked at 6 or 8 locations before I found the blue I wanted. Everything I found was this configuration: MYP, 5 seat, white/black int, no tow, no FSD. Various colors, mostly white and MSM.
so you likely stole someone's whip(LOL, glad it wasn't mine) or picked up one that was rejected... no way they are just making cars right now for inventory, they are not able to fulfill orders that have been placed 5+ weeks...(my current wait time, and I know there are others that ordered prior to me).

for those who saw my post about the delivery estimate times on the computer not showing, I emailed SA about it, their response was that the Tesla's site is in the process of being edited to no longer show delivery times until they have a VIN for you. Clearly they made this up as the web page is the same URL on both Mobile App and Computer. But just figured I'd let everyone know what my SA said...

TESLA_SACongratulations.jpg

so you likely stole someone's whip(LOL, glad it wasn't mine) or picked up one that was rejected... no way they are just making cars right now for inventory, they are not able to fulfill orders that have been placed 5+ weeks...(my current wait time, and I know there are others that ordered prior to me).

for those who saw my post about the delivery estimate times on the computer not showing, I emailed SA about it, their response was that the Tesla's site is in the process of being edited to no longer show delivery times until they have a VIN for you. Clearly they made this up as the web page is the same URL on both Mobile App and Computer. But just figured I'd let everyone know what my SA said...

View attachment 656025
At least they are creative.

• Funny
Reactions: olsookie
I ordered a blue Model Y Performance on 04/01, was originally given a date of April 24st - May 15th. I didn't get an email or anything from Tesla until 4/9. Currently my delivery date continually goes up by a day, each day (started when it changed earliest to May 1st), with a delivery date of May 5th - May 21st.
Well today I got bumped to...
Estimated Delivery: May 23 - June 12

This after my rep. told me this morning, "good space to be matching to a vin". This is the furthest date I've yet to see, but judging from other posts on here, it fluctuates too much to be accurate in any sense.