Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger Network was the main reason I'm switching to Tesla..There are still plenty of places that do not have CCS or CHADEMO chargers. Wife has family in South Texas and we would have to drive 100 miles extra to make it there and once there, we would be stuck with a Level 2 charger at a BMW dealer. No Level 3 within 150 miles. There isn't even a Hotel that offers J1772 in the McAllen area.. For Tesla, there are 3 Superchargers in the Rio Grande Valley and Superchargers between Houston and McAllen on the fastest route..
Supercharger network is definitely a plus for Tesla. It truly sets Tesla apart from the competition and is a big reason people decide to purchase a Tesla.

Reactions: FloridaSun
Already had a Mach-E on hold from a Ford Dealership as a backup. So yea. Definitely could.

Or more like, I got financing setup for a house and also squeezed in and got approved for the $5000 grant from California that is going away at end of the month. Would rather not lose out on that and have to rerun my credit since financing application is only valid for 30 days. Any EV is better than going back to an ICE car.

But all that is now moot since, thank God I was checking the website randomly and saw my second best option, a new MYLR in Blue with Black Seats. Preferred the white seats but that's small change compared to the ever extending dates. Already locked and loaded.:cool::cool::cool:
Glad it worked out for you. But in my experience it is not a good idea to make a major purchase based on a mythical tax credit or even a real one. Much wiser to buy the car you really want as that has lasting value. A coupon or discount or tax credit doesn't. There are other ways around making up the money for lost tax credits than sacrificing what you really want and will use for the next several years. I discussed these methods before so I won't repeat them now. However, if you opt in to use these other methods and later get a retroactive tax credit, then that is a real win-win event.

Really bad pushback today:

5/21-6/10. Sad I see people ordering 3 weeks later with the same delivery time (looks like almost all the late March/early April Texas orders where filled, which I should have been in).

Also, rep when ordered promised 5-9 weeks (only reason we did it, couldn't do one car with an infant for too long). That first date is getting really close to that 9 weeks, last date is way beyond. Shouldn't have trusted sales rep.

My delivery estimate moved again to May 28 - June 27. Order placed 4/7. 7 - 11 weeks estimate.

LRMY, MSM, 20 in. Wheels, FSD. All other options standard. Bay Area. Unfortunate because it looks like people who have ordered after me have earlier dates.
Yesterday when I checked I was given a little hope as my dates moved back to May 20 - June 20th. Checked again today and they've slipped even further.

Bay Area, 4/7 order date. MSM LR, FSD, 20in Wheels. Original Estimate 4 - 8 weeks. Current Estimate: May 30 - June 29 (7.5 - 13 weeks)

Glad it worked out for you. But in my experience it is not a good idea to make a major purchase based on a mythical tax credit or even a real one. Much wiser to buy the car you really want as that has lasting value. A coupon or discount or tax credit doesn't. There are other ways around making up the money for lost tax credits than sacrificing what you really want and will use for the next several years. I discussed these methods before so I won't repeat them now. However, if you opt in to use these other methods and later get a retroactive tax credit, then that is a real win-win event.
Oh yea most definitely. But I don't feel like I'm making a huge compromise with this. For me, I love both the Red and Blue colors. If it was Red, I can only take it with a white interior. For the blue, I like white, but for me the combo looks better in black. If it was any other color or combination, it'd be a deal breaker for me. I refuse to do another grey car. And I really don't like black cars. I'd be ok with a white car, but not one I'd want in any combination. So this actually works out for me to a T. And at the end of the day, like I said earlier. I wanted an EV, California is giving me a $5000 free grant to put towards it and an extra $2000 for the EV charger install in my house. Either, way, got everything I wanted and now I get to pick up my LRMY on 4/28 rather than continue playing Tesla Twister with a vin/pickup date. Now I get to play Tesla Twister with Tesla's Build Quality. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: swheat6345
Got moved up again. Im going to see how long I can make this log.

Ordered MYP, Red, No Tow, Black, Autopilot

Order Date: April 5th

History:
April 05: 5 - 9 Weeks
April 06: May 5 - June 4
April 07: May 1 - May 31
April 10: May 2 - May 22
April 14: 5 - 9 Weeks FOPD
April 19: May 5 - May 22
April 20: May 6 - May 22
April 21: 5 - 9 Weeks FOPD
April 23: May 24 - June 13
April 24: May 16 - June 5

Got my VIN.

Ordered MY LR AWD White/Black, Tow, No FSD on March 30th.
Dates kept getting pushed back but last night it was 4.26-5.6
Checked the website and got a VIN 18XXX with 4.24-4.29 as my delivery.

I'm picking up from SLC as that is the closest service center and I am way too far for them to deliver to the house.

Reactions: Sponch
Now I get to play Tesla Twister with Tesla's Build Quality. ;)
Yeah, I hope what you decided was not a Tesla that had some defect that was refused by another buyer for that reason. I think most of the build quality problems were eliminated and haven't been showing up as a common problem all year. I did quite a but of research February and March on the Mustang and the VW and I'd never buy one of those now more than a half dozen major reasons. We decided if Tesla MY build was still a problem we would just keep our Leaf for another year. I think we looked at about 25 Model Y's since mid March and the build was all perfect. Even the one inventory car that showed up here was perfect in every way but wrong color for us and I wouldn't waste my money on the P trim. I understand it was refused for credit problems.

Let us know what you got and a picture. :)

When is the end of the quarter?
Yeah end of June. So the two-ish weeks before that they usually have some sort of incentive like 1 or 2 year free supercharging?

When I got my M3P (on Sep25, 2019) - I ordered a white one and they matched me to a red one without charging me for the paint (that or 2 years free supercharging). It was a good deal as I saved some money - but man the cars produced that month had a lot of flaws (e.g., my hood was caved in and they have to give me a new one - yes a new hood).

Any one had recent EOQ delivery experience? What were the perks, and was the build quality of your car ok?

I know that the build quality of the Y has increased drastically lately - but I will not be surprised to see the end of May/June ones to take a hit.