Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you order? You’re the only person on here with a later date than me (knock on wood). I ordered on April 20 and originally had an end of April to mid-May date. Now it’s May 27-June 26.
Ordered April 7th. Painful to keep seeing my ETA keep slipping further into End of Quarter. Though definitely feel for those who ordered late March and are also seeing EoQ ETAs.

I have been impressed with other offerings from other companies. The mach-e is really nice, so was the jaguar i-pace. For me though, I needed the towing capability. That severely limits my options. There are a few other EVs that can tow (I think the volvo can and the volkswagan can), but their ranges are ~ 100 miles less than the Model Y. Even if the MY doesn't get as close to the EPA estimates as others, that's still a large discrepancy and towing really takes a huge chunk of range; you really need every mile you can get. Add the additional need to stop and charge more frequently, Tesla has all others beat by a billion on their charging infrastructure. In the end, it was a MY or nothing. Side note - I did think about Rivian, too bad they are just shy away from production. Them trucks look fantastic.
Interestingly, although I only mentioned my good impressions of the Mach-E, I was also very impressed by the Model Y.
I've never sat in a Tesla before and I expected a heap of issues based on the online news about build quality. My first impressions were all great. While it's clearly much more Spartan inside than the Mach-E, it doesn't feel cheap. The Mach-E is like a regular car well built, but the Model Y feels like a car reinvented. What made me choose it over the Mach-E was the very surprising amount of space inside. It has a trunk the size of a larger SUV. Also, it was really nice to drive and I would definitely use the driving assistant functions a lot.

When I ordered, my advisor said they basically do one delivery per quarter and to expect a mid-June delivery. Curious to see how this goes.
Yeah from the beginning my SA said it'd likely be early June, but wasn't 100%. When my dates were better (mid/late May) I was hoping he was wrong. Now, with my current ETA, I'm just hoping he was right lol

Reactions: Emmadiane