Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted this in my tow hitch thread but thought it would be useful here:

I didn't really buy that end of quarter stuff until I just ran this little analysis on the spreadsheet. It's probably skewed a little because I bet at least 50% of people don't update once they take delivery.

Looks like historically they do ship more units in the final month of each quarter, and this was SUPER pronounced in Q1 2021. Not so bad in the second half 2020 though.

No wonder people have so many quality control issues!! They are doing a mad rush at the end of each quarter to get things delivered. They probably then spend the first two months of the next quarter trying out new methods of production processing, fixing the errors that they learn in their end-of-quarter mad rushes to get units delivered.

They are probably learning more through each of these cycles and improving the process of production. I'm guessing that the upper management at this factory is trying to get all the lessons learned that they will need for their Austin plant? I'm not sure what's different between the two, but at the very least the logistics of moving stuff throughout the plant and process/production placement as well. Interesting stuff. If Tesla didn't have such a legendarily shitty corporate culture it would be a pretty interesting environment to work in, at least as a person who does process management for a living. It sucks that the worst leadership personalities, are often the ones who we put in charge - at least here in the States.

EXCEL_Qgzy6BhB3x.png

Reactions: Emmadiane
Good v
Posted this in my tow hitch thread but thought it would be useful here:

I didn't really buy that end of quarter stuff until I just ran this little analysis on the spreadsheet. It's probably skewed a little because I bet at least 50% of people don't update once they take delivery.

Looks like historically they do ship more units in the final month of each quarter, and this was SUPER pronounced in Q1 2021. Not so bad in the second half 2020 though.

No wonder people have so many quality control issues!! They are doing a mad rush at the end of each quarter to get things delivered. They probably then spend the first two months of the next quarter trying out new methods of production processing, fixing the errors that they learn in their end-of-quarter mad rushes to get units delivered.

They are probably learning more through each of these cycles and improving the process of production. I'm guessing that the upper management at this factory is trying to get all the lessons learned that they will need for their Austin plant? I'm not sure what's different between the two, but at the very least the logistics of moving stuff throughout the plant and process/production placement as well. Interesting stuff. If Tesla didn't have such a legendarily shitty corporate culture it would be a pretty interesting environment to work in, at least as a person who does process management for a living. It sucks that the worst leadership personalities, are often the ones who we put in charge - at least here in the States.

View attachment 658020
Good visual, thanks for posting! I was just looking at the Google Docs tracker too, trying to find some correlation. I think it'd be safe to say to plan for a June delivery; if you get something in May then consider yourself lucky.

It might be a good idea to track quarterly issue/fitment concerns to identify common themes each quarter. Maybe last quarter they primarily had panel gap issues but have corrected those for the most part QOQ, but then maybe there are paint quality issues, etc.

Ordered MYP white/white on 4/14. All of my dates where always in May. The other day they jumped to end of May - June 9. Past
2 days the dates bounced back to 5/10 - 5/30 where it's been the past few days. My SA emailed me and said I should
probably expect delivery "the second week of May" Who knows. Wouldn't surprise me if it jumped ahead to June again
like so many others.

Then again..anyone can get lucky. I know of someone in my area who ordered MYLR last week and took delivery 4 days later...so who knows...
Also ordered a White/White MYP but with tow hitch on 04/08. My delivery window is the same as yours. They'll probably be on the same transport truck.

Reactions: Marcust99
Hey there!
I’m so sorry I read this, it must be extremely frustrating. And honestly not surprised fromMiami. I’m in Orlando.
Ordered 4/1 white on white LR, 20” wheels.
Eta got pushed back to May 24- June 13.

what I have done is called Tesla and typed another zip code. When the SA answered I said I had a few questions and if I could give them my RN number to get me some answers. They were helpful to me.
What did that exactly accomplish? SA’s don’t know more than we do. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: MrsLabib
I stopped by the SC again to make sure all the figures were right when it came time to pick up our car. I spoke with the delivery agent and he said my car is slated for delivery to the SC on Sunday. So my guess is yours is on the same truck as mine. And those white ones in the showroom are not ours 🤣
Thanks. I'll be down state on Sunday for a sky diving event. But my SA said if it gets here early he'll give me a call to schedule the pickup. Wednesday really works best for us but I suppose we can do Monday. I wouldn't mind getting out of Sunday's event anyway. My appointment is still for Wednesday at 10:30 AM.
Did you set an appointment time yet?

Thanks. I'll be down state on Sunday for a sky diving event. But my SA said if it gets here early he'll give me a call to schedule the pickup. Wednesday really works best for us but I suppose we can do Monday. I wouldn't mind getting out of Sunday's event anyway. My appointment is still for Wednesday at 10:30 AM.
Did you set an appointment time yet?
Yep, ours is set for Monday at 1PM. The delivery agent said the same thing about calling if it comes in earlier.

LOL. Sorry, I'm just excited for you! I received an automated call this morning confirming my delivery tomorrow!
Congratz and so jealous. Live here in Dallas area and haven't heard a peep about getting my vehicle (and I ordered later than you). Too bad they couldn't have just shipped ours together on the same truck.

Oh and on a random note, my Tesla page (and account page) says Tesla Canada and even the URL has en_CA in it. Why does Tesla think I am in Canada? I am not using a VPN or anything. Anyone else have a Canadian loading page?

Reactions: DeepSpaceMine
Congratz and so jealous. Live here in Dallas area and haven't heard a peep about getting my vehicle (and I ordered later than you). Too bad they couldn't have just shipped ours together on the same truck.

Oh and on a random note, my Tesla page (and account page) says Tesla Canada and even the URL has en_CA in it. Why does Tesla think I am in Canada? I am not using a VPN or anything. Anyone else have a Canadian loading page?
I had something similar happen after clicking a link to a Canadian inventory vehicle. To fix it, I went to the Tesla home page, clicked the hamburger menu in upper right, then clicked "Canada" down at the bottom. This then gave me the option to change my region.

Just call your SA and you will be given a more accurate number. They can query the production line for a closer ETA. Of course they will tell you that its subject to change.

The last SA informed me when things go blank or updates keep being pushed back and forth, it means you are getting closer to the end as the production line system might not be informing the customer portal correctly (hence blank out of times)