Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well this is what i get for talking to soon, i had a early as may 2nd to june 5th now the delay has may out of the window and now its early to late june....damn at this point get me a vin so my pre approval from my credit union doesn't expire, plus that 1.9 apr is so nice.

Just a quick update. My dates wer
The entire Model Y lead time seems to shift daily. We ordered on 4-11 the same set up as you: LR AWD, Midnight Silver Metallic, Black & white 5-seat interior, 20-inch, Tow Hitch, no FSD.
Yesterday, May 13-31.
Today, 6-10 weeks from order.
Go figure.
Miracles do happen. I ordered that exact configuration on 4/12. LR AWD, MSM, White interior, 20” wheels, Tow Hitch, no FSD. 5 Seat. Expected date was 5/11-5/21. Received my VIN 5 days ago. Took delivery today!

Attachments

• 1E229129-D5B4-4A8F-896A-251FA751E784.jpeg
    1E229129-D5B4-4A8F-896A-251FA751E784.jpeg
    514.7 KB · Views: 60
Congratz and so jealous. Live here in Dallas area and haven't heard a peep about getting my vehicle (and I ordered later than you). Too bad they couldn't have just shipped ours together on the same truck.

Oh and on a random note, my Tesla page (and account page) says Tesla Canada and even the URL has en_CA in it. Why does Tesla think I am in Canada? I am not using a VPN or anything. Anyone else have a Canadian loading page?
I hope everything works out better for you than for me. I've been calling them constantly ever since they accidentally canceled my order, still no update on whether they'll price match and no financing update. My first order was made 03/23 so it feels like they made me start waiting from the beginning. At this point I'll be on the queue for 14 weeks 🙃

New surprise. I got an email that Tesla is changing my trade-in contract. Currently pending.

So while you all are refreshing to update your estimated delivery dates, I'm back to refreshing to see if I still have a contract at all. I paid the amount owed already based on their "final" balance. I feel like I am buying a car from Mad Man Muntz, not Tesla.

Just a quick update. My dates wer

Miracles do happen. I ordered that exact configuration on 4/12. LR AWD, MSM, White interior, 20” wheels, Tow Hitch, no FSD. 5 Seat. Expected date was 5/11-5/21. Received my VIN 5 days ago. Took delivery today!
This is great to see! I was 4/9, same config except standard 19” wheels. I’m back to showing a date range of 6-10 weeks instead of actual dates.

Update: after getting my VIN Wednesday (with new delivery window of 5/8 to 5/14), I changed payment method from cash to loan.

Yesterday I submitted the loan application and it was approved quickly. Randomly refreshed the page last night and saw the delivery window was now 5/2 to 5/8! Scrambling to get my $ together for the down payment!

Great perspective. Poor Tesla is getting beat up for the dates moving. I custom ordered a BMW a few years ago and you just get a generic “in production” notice for weeks on end. At least moving dates give us something to distract us 😂
I know others have mentioned this is "normal" for car ordered but actually abnormal from my experience. Have ordered both a Nissan Leaf and a Chevy Volt. For both cars, the second I ordered, the order was sent to the factory, put in next in the que (regardless of configuration) and once completed was out on the next major train shipment (less than a week wait for the train).

This bouncing around doing deliveries from earlier orders and ignoring older ones is a Tesla Only (tm) thing. I do understand it probably has to do with logistics and retooling the line, etc. But the other car companies seem to do just fine filling orders in sequence. The Leaf and the Volt were on much lower volume so I guarantee they had to stop and retool - they were also doing different model cars on the same production line. Just my experience.

Dates actually stayed the same for once, which means I am moving closer even (even though it moved farther out yesterday): 5/21-6/10. Also, randomly, I am too lazy to make one of those "your order date tracking compared to estimated date" I am actually farther away from my estimated time than ever (it has either got as close as 12 days or moved farther away), so graphically I will never get my car as my estimated date gets farther from me as a moving target 🤣. Fun Math!

Last edited:
I just ordered a White LR, White interior, 20" wheels, 7 seater, no FSD (waiting for subscription) yesterday. The estimated delivery on the order page was 6-8 weeks but my account shows no date.

Fingers crossed that it will come with new headlights, new 82 battery pack, and door trim!
I have heard rumors of the new battery pack already in the LR, but no confirmation yet.

Reading through the forums, it's pretty clear that people who ordered around 4/01 to 4/11 are in one batch of production, and the people who ordered from 04/12- today are in a much later batch. Hopefully it's all sooner than we are expecting
Hopefully that later batch comes with some upgrades like 82 battery, door trim, and new headlights for the LR. I know perf already gets 2 of these.

Reactions: Emmadiane
Order Date 4/13/2021 (Los Angeles) - MY LR AWD / Pearl White / All Black / 20" Inductions

Recent updates:
4/26-4/28: May 6-26
4/29: May 12-June 1
4/30: May 13-June 2

I can't believe some of you guys who ordered in March are still waiting or have dates into June. That's annoying. :(

Order Date 4/13/2021 (Los Angeles) - MY LR AWD / Pearl White / All Black / 20" Inductions

Recent updates:
4/26-4/28: May 6-26
4/29: May 12-June 1
4/30: May 13-June 2

I can't believe some of you guys who ordered in March are still waiting or have dates into June. That's annoying. :(

Same config as yours but ordered on 4/10 NYC.

Just checked again this morning, the date pushed back to May 29 - June 18. Yesterday was May 28 - June 17. Not sure if location matters but I got pushed back three times already this week :(

New surprise. I got an email that Tesla is changing my trade-in contract. Currently pending.

So while you all are refreshing to update your estimated delivery dates, I'm back to refreshing to see if I still have a contract at all. I paid the amount owed already based on their "final" balance. I feel like I am buying a car from Mad Man Muntz, not Tesla.
Wow! Let us know what the outcome is!