Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry this is starting to be BS. I am ready to cancel.
We already have one Tesla. The first EV was a 2015 BMW i3, I bought it in 2019 and then I knew the next car will be EV too. We sold our Odyssey and bought 2016 Model S from Tesla inventory in February 2020. Then last November we sold BMW and bought a 2017 Bolt. All electric vehicles are great for local driving. If you are thinking about a trip - only Tesla. Although Bolt had the same range, about 240 miles as our Model S, when it comes to longer distances ... On Thanksgiving we went to our friends in Wisconsin Dells. Just 200 miles. Me with Bolt and my wife with kids in Model S. First fast charging, Bolt 36kW, Tesla 135kW! Charging Tesla is easy, just plug in the connector. In other EVs you need to activate session first, sometimes 3-4 tries are needed. Also, out of 4 chargers, only one actually worked (I used the ElectrifyAmerica network). So we sold Bolt to Carvana in March and now we are waiting. Last summer, we drove our Model S to South Dakota and Colorado with no problems.

Last edited:
Third day in a row my Delivery Date window stayed the same 5/15 - 6/4
Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 6.44.04 AM.png

Last edited:
Welcome to the Tesla ownership experience. You just need to decide if it is worth the wait or not. We are on our fourth; folks on this forum encouraged me to wait and push through… Truly glad we did.
Here are my thoughts. If we are waiting this long now how long will we wait one day when our vehicle is getting fixed? I know they give you a Tesla loaner, but that’s besides the point.
I will stick with it, but as a first time buyer. Definitely not impressed so far.

I’m not expecting the world. I understand this isn’t a true luxury vehicle with all of the issues, but damn it take my $55k and at least let me know when I can pick my vehicle for gods sakes 😂😂😂

Reactions: noob_hunter_gu
They waiting for more orders from chicagoland area?
At the end of Q1 Schaumburg SC lot was full of cars, now almost empty.
I was driving to Chicago yesterday and got stuck at a train crossing with a train loaded with cars and I could swear my eyes were saying they were Tesla’s! Only ones I could see were red and maybe white and likely by blue one was on there delivering to Chicago and then going to be trucked to St Louis for pickup next Saturday!

It’s only been 2 weeks of waiting for me. Normally check once a day. Just plan for end of the quarter. Trust me your life will be happier. The car will get here when it gets here. My SA called me last night and said it’s scheduled to come out of the factory 5/24 then there is a 72 hour inspection period before it’s ready to be delivered. Luckily I’m picking it up at the factory so it won’t have to sit on a train or truck.

Reactions: Emmadiane and Ubez
It’s only been 2 weeks of waiting for me. Normally check once a day. Just plan for end of the quarter. Trust me your life will be happier. The car will get here when it gets here. My SA called me last night and said it’s scheduled to come out of the factory 5/24 then there is a 72 hour inspection period before it’s ready to be delivered. Luckily I’m picking it up at the factory so it won’t have to sit on a train or truck.
Agree, I only check the date once a day. Until, I get an email. But I check the forum and existing inventory more often. I have learned so much about this process (completing my profile, financing) from the forum and checking existing inventory just in case my config pops up in California then I will buy that one if I can.

Here are my thoughts. If we are waiting this long now how long will we wait one day when our vehicle is getting fixed? I know they give you a Tesla loaner, but that’s besides the point.
I will stick with it, but as a first time buyer. Definitely not impressed so far.

I’m not expecting the world. I understand this isn’t a true luxury vehicle with all of the issues, but damn it take my $55k and at least let me know when I can pick my vehicle for gods sakes 😂😂😂
Look on the bright side: at least they’re selling every single one they produce!

It’s only been 2 weeks of waiting for me. Normally check once a day. Just plan for end of the quarter. Trust me your life will be happier. The car will get here when it gets here. My SA called me last night and said it’s scheduled to come out of the factory 5/24 then there is a 72 hour inspection period before it’s ready to be delivered. Luckily I’m picking it up at the factory so it won’t have to sit on a train or truc5
Wow after 5 weeks my SA has no idea when mine came out of the factory. Is it possible to talk to anyone else to get this inf? Anytime I go to Tesla they send me back to him.

Not exactly sure what happened, but don’t think he found one for me... I told him that my estimated delivery date according to the website is May 2-8, but still don’t have a VIN. He checked in the system and told me that he sees a VIN and that they’re supposed to get the car on Wednesday, May 5 and that he’ll be ready to deliver anytime on the 7th. Within 5 minutes I got an email from an Operations Advisor with details about the delivery and what I need to bring with me. Also, after the call when I refreshed Tesla’s website, I no longer saw an estimated delivery date, but an actual delivery date and my VIN was there. I guess the SA had to click on something on his end...
Maybe you had been overlooking the vin which is listed under the order number.

I know I'm relatively new to Tesla's idiosyncrasies, and this is purely conjecture, but I feel like the waiters that have had their dates bounce around wildly from super close, to disappeared, to "x to x weeks" probably have a lot more action and progress going on behind the scenes than someone like me, who has consistently received an exact 20-day window from day 1.

Case in point, I moved again this morning, one day sooner from 5/13-6/2 to 5/12-6/1. Another 20-day window that likely means nada.

Ordered 3/28. MYLR Black Ext/Black Int/Black 20” Induction/with FSD/no tow hitch. Ordered in Houston. My delivery window continuously has been pushed back day after day. Now sitting at: June 07 - June 27. Anyone else in the same boat?

Ordered 3/28. MYLR Black Ext/Black Int/Black 20” Induction/with FSD/no tow hitch. Ordered in Houston. My delivery window continuously has been pushed back day after day. Now sitting at: June 07 - June 27. Anyone else in the same boat?
I’m in Houston as well. Ordered 4/12 MYLR white/white w/19” wheels +tow +FSD. Had mid-May delivery estimates for a while. Delivery estimate just disappeared a few days ago…

I just emailed my SA about the missing expected delivery date, received the following response:

Good morning, I'm seeing a tentative date for your VIN to be assigned in mid May so I'm unsure why the date just disappeared. No worries, everything is perfect on your account and you'll have a car for sure before June 31. As soon as a VIN is assigned to your account I will call to share the exciting news.

Reactions: Emmadiane