Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order April 1. Still no vin this morning and showing delivery date may21 to Jun. 10.
Two hours ago got call from sa tell me he got one on the truck and his another customer won't be able to pick up this month. I am able to pick up the car Thursday.😃 Hope nothing wrong with it. Manufactured April 26 vin 180×××
Congrats! so lucky I have the same dates basically May 20 June 9 lol ordered 4/1

My dates disappeared Friday, I think. Ordered March 31. My dates were June 9-29 prior to the dates disappearing as well. We are in the same exact boat. My SA only gives the generic answer that she is awaiting the vin to be assigned, which seems light years away.
I placed my order on March 29th, like you my estimated delivery date disappeared last Thursday and hasn't returned yet. Prior to that it was May 14th - June 1st, I had a trade in that expired on Friday. I decided to sell it to Carvana since they offer was better than Tesla.

Is there any significance to the estimated delivery date not moving around for a few days?
the June 8th date has me a little nervous as that is past the date when I can select on my loan. I would have to open a new application and ding my credit again. Ugh.

MYLR black exterior, black interior, 5 seat, 20 INC wheels Ordered on 4/20
4/20: Estimated Delivery: May 08 - May 22
4/22: Estimated Delivery: May 06 - May 20
4/25: Estimated Delivery: May 14 - June 03
4/26: Estimated Delivery: May 18 - June 07
4/29: Estimated Delivery: May 19 - June 08
4-30- 5/3: no change

Is there any significance to the estimated delivery date not moving around for a few days?
the June 8th date has me a little nervous as that is past the date when I can select on my loan. I would have to open a new application and ding my credit again. Ugh.

Don't apply for a loan until you have a VIN #..

I ordered 3/27 (MY LR 5) in NC and my dates where June 9-June 29 and then totally disappeared last week. Now it says 1-10 weeks.
So the fact you ordered almost a month after and you have a date of May 19-June 08 is remarkable.

ZC3505 and I had our MY's on the same delivery truck. I selected a later date for pickup due to some other commitments. However, I did get to see it Monday before they do the prep work.

IMG_2113.jpgIMG_2114.jpgIMG_2116.jpg

I couldn't look inside but did get to apply my panel gap gauge and I couldn't find any differences. It looked perfect. Build date was on the windshield sticker as 4/18/21.

ZC3505 and I had our MY's on the same delivery truck. I selected a later date for pickup due to some other commitments. However, I did get to see it Monday before they do the prep work.

View attachment 659391View attachment 659392View attachment 659393

I couldn't look inside but did get to apply my panel gap gauge and I couldn't find any differences. It looked perfect. Build date was on the windshield sticker as 4/18/21.
How did the 4/18 build date compare to the date you received your vin?

I ordered 4/2 and have a 20 May-9 Jun Est Del Date. He's telling you end of June! That's at the end of the quarter and you ordered like me at the beginning. When I see folks with 4/19 order dates and getting VINs, that's just plain wrong. I ordered a MYP Red and my SA told me the same thing end of Jun. Yep, getting frustrated....I love the car, and how easy to get exactly what you want, however the waiting/rolling est delivery date process is terrible.
I ordered 4/1. I’ve been quiet for the last three days. My eta wasn’t changing but this morning.. May 31- June 20... I’m numb yet disappointed

Until VIN #'s start showing up on here, I'll keep assuming a fluid delivery window. I know others have said that VIN assignments aren't indicative of anything substantial in terms of a solid timeframe, but it seems like that will be the next chapter of Q2. Until we start seeing a substantial number of VIN's being assigned, I would assume delivery dates to continue to fluctuate.

On a separate note, if we assume that demand is stronger in Q2 than in Q1 and Tesla is targeting 200k deliveries for 3/Y combined (guesstimate), that's a about 2,225 per day or 90/hour. Current capacity for both models is 500k annually and given supply chain challenges (microchips, shipping, etc.) it seems inevitable that there will be delays. Maybe we should be fortunate to have placed our orders when we did and hope that we have them by June?

Yeah, I ordered my MY (Grey, performance, tow hitch, FSD) on March 28th. Have seen dates move around almost everyday. Occasionally it'll move out a few days and sit at that range for a week, then will move every day that I login. Just texted my SA to see if they have any insight, but not expecting much back.

I also had my trade-in with CarMax expire, and have put at least another 1k miles on my current vehicle. Knowing this timing I should've just grabbed one that was on the lot even though it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Pretty sure I'll still be ecstatic when it arrives, but this part is annoying.

Reactions: MrsLabib