Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
speaking of the app.

Is it even possible to use it before your car is delivered?

I log in and just get a welcome page that that wants to show me my cars features. But theres nowhere to go from there. At top, theres a loot box, and "get support" at bottom. nothing really to do....

is that normal?
Same for me. Perhaps if you have previously bought a Tesla you get to see something more useful on a new pending purchase. For a first-timer like me the app is pretty much useless at the moment.

never mind me. Ive just been logging into my account via browser. Didnt realize that could be accessed via the app.

lol
At least you all can access this information via the app. My app shows diddly squat. My options: sign out, see my loot box/referral code, access support (via web). It has a nice intro line of text of "lets get to know your Model Y!" but there is nothing else there, nothing to click on, nadda. I wonder if the app got messed up since I had a previous Model S that I sold and transferred myself to 3rd party (private sell).

Dates still stuck on 5-9 weeks, which translates to 5/6-6/3. But I seriously doubt its gonna be near those dates. I find it really confusing that myself (and many) ordered day 1 of Q2 (or earlier!) and might not get the car until the end of Q2. That's terrible logistics if people are able to order mid Q1 and still get their cars at the end of Q2.

Also, everyone here discusses how Tesla is probably combining orders in batches at the plant and combining shipping, etc. to save money, but no one questions in the insanity of end of quarter pushes. For a company we (assume) is trying to be as cost effective as possible, these insane end of quarter pushes are a huge money cost: lots of overtime cost, more defective cars that end up costing in free repairs, more potential for factory breaks (running machines constantly without breaks can cause more problems), and more bad press as customers complain about defective cars. Anyone with even minimal knowledge of logistics would know spreading out orders throughout the quarter is much better.

speaking of the app.

Is it even possible to use it before your car is delivered?

I log in and just get a welcome page that that wants to show me my cars features. But theres nowhere to go from there. At top, theres a loot box, and "get support" at bottom. nothing really to do....

is that normal?
Yeah normal. Right now just shows my current car no sign of my new order

Reactions: Peelz
At least you all can access this information via the app. My app shows diddly squat. My options: sign out, see my loot box/referral code, access support (via web). It has a nice intro line of text of "lets get to know your Model Y!" but there is nothing else there, nothing to click on, nadda. I wonder if the app got messed up since I had a previous Model S that I sold and transferred myself to 3rd party (private sell).

seems thats normal in the app, I just wasnt aware of it, didnt think of clicking the support button.

I did know the app goes live as soon as you take delivery, I was thinking there would be more to it beforehand.

Not a bother to me, just thought something was wrong. :)

Reactions: Emmadiane
It's not the hitch...I didn't get that and your timeline is still ahead of mine.
The resident data guru (captainreynold) in the order tracker spreadsheet thread said the 2 biggest factors impacting delivery is 1) location and 2) configuration. Anecdotally, (not crunching numbers at all, just looking at Reddit) it seems like there are people that ordered after me that are on the west coast getting cars. You also ordered on 04/06 and who knows how many orders were in between. I completed my profile 3/30 and ordered 3/26, so even larger gap if you're comparing order dates.

Ordered 3/30 and I'm at 06/10 to 06/30. Fookin' Tow Hitch....
I ordered 3/24 and was offered a car on 3/27 but wasn't able to take delivery as my outgoing lease hadn't completed transferring.

On 4/8 I told my delivery rep that I was able to take delivery.

At first delivery dates (approximate from memory) 4/16 to 5/5, then 4/29 to 5/16, then 5/17 to 6/5, then 6/5 to 6/17, and now 6/16 to 6/30...figuring they want to get this delivered before end of quarter.

MYP, blue, tow hitch, FSD

So ladies and gents... I did a thing. I searched up in Tesla inventory and found a 2021 LR model y 7 seater. It's almost identical to what I was ordering, except this has black exterior instead of gray, and a 7 seater instead of a 5 seater. So the Tesla rep was able to match me and I should be expecting delivery by May 12th-May 14th! 1 day before my birthday!

The only downside is, if it turns out it was a reject due to panel gaps or something, and I also decide to turn it away, I will be placed at the back of the line if and when I re ordered lol. So fingers crossed. Luckily it also has the updated interior as well with a VIN of 179xx

Reactions: Emmadiane