Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes
The SA straight told me, dont expect it until the end of june. I want to defer to Q3 actually and I asked him if I should put the order on hold he said no just leave it open and if I get matched he can unmatch me.
Yeah my SA told me here in the Reno, NV area that they know exactly when the next shipment comes in. And he straight told me expect mid to late June. However a couple pages back on this thread someone said that there was a update maybe coming on Tuesday this week. Hopefully we all get VINs. I ordered 4/29.

Woah I ordered a day or two before you (a LR black, black on black seats, 5 Seater and no hitch) And my date is still June 14-June 30th. I will be picking up from savannah. but hey that’s awesome Man, hopefully your date stays around that time frame
Maybe it has to do with seat configuration. I ordered on 4/17 Blue/Black/7/19/Tow Hitch/ No FSD. Dates have been at May 30 - June 19 for over a week now

How are the taxes calculated for FSD? Does it make difference buying upfront or adding it later?
I was going to wait and add it later, but after doing some research I found people talking about how to have it covered under insurance (i.e. the cost of the purchase). It is much easier to have the 10k add on covered by insurance since they go off the purchase price with registration. So now the cost will be there on mine. So it will be covered in case of total loss. But, if adding after it can sometimes be a fight with insurance as its added as an accessory. Insurances are all different, I am just going off my gut after reading up on it. I feel that the change in taxes on my end is basically a convenience fee to get it covered. At least that is what I am telling myself. Also from what I am reading the down payment has to be ACH, but the 10k payment can be on a credit card (which I plan to to get points then turn around and pay it off immediately). It looks to be about $500 in taxes and fee changes (526.02) in my case.

My date has vanished for about four days now. It was 5-25 - 6-14 the day before it disappeared.
Hopefully it comes back with some good news as it would be great to have for a cross-country road-trip at the beginning of July!

Config:
- LR AWD
- White
- 7 Seat
- Tow Hitch
- 19"
- FSD

I was going to wait and add it later, but after doing some research I found people talking about how to have it covered under insurance (i.e. the cost of the purchase). It is much easier to have the 10k add on covered by insurance since they go off the purchase price with registration. So now the cost will be there on mine. So it will be covered in case of total loss. But, if adding after it can sometimes be a fight with insurance as its added as an accessory. Insurances are all different, I am just going off my gut after reading up on it. I feel that the change in taxes on my end is basically a convenience fee to get it covered. At least that is what I am telling myself. Also from what I am reading the down payment has to be ACH, but the 10k payment can be on a credit card (which I plan to to get points then turn around and pay it off immediately). It looks to be about $500 in taxes and fee changes (526.02) in my case.
Great info, thanks! I’m sure it varies state to state, but the registration price increase makes a lot of sense. …and in terms of getting insurance to cover it in case of loss… that makes the upcoming subscription option more attractive.

I posted this a few days ago but I think it's worth reiterating: the spreadsheet shows that orders in Q1 mostly took 30-60 days to get a VIN. After that, it was on average a week additional for delivery. The earlier in the quarter you ordered, typically the larger number of days it was between order and VIN acquisition. Don't look at the orders that had VIN/delivery within a week or so. These are most likely pre-existing inventory purchases and weren't custom orders. Believe me...I want to get my car as fast as possible too. But I'm trying to temper expectations. My SA told me late May to mid-June when I ordered on 4/9 and that's exactly where my range is right now ( 5/26 to 6/15).

Look at the spreadsheet, find the corresponding Q1 date to your Q2 date (e.g. 4/9 = 1/9) and go from there. Obviously there are outliers and one quarter doesn't dictate the next. But it's probably more telling than what your SA or website says.

My date has vanished for about four days now. It was 5-25 - 6-14 the day before it disappeared.
Hopefully it comes back with some good news as it would be great to have for a cross-country road-trip at the beginning of July!

Config:
- LR AWD
- White
- 7 Seat
- Tow Hitch
- 19"
- FSD
I have the same. Ordered 4/13. LR AWD, MSM, 7 seat, tow, 19s, AP. My last delivery estimate was 5/28-6/17, but it disappeared on I think Tuesday, and hasn’t returned. Tesla purgatory is no fun! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: StoicKiwi
No change today.
Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 3.29.47 PM.png

I posted this a few days ago but I think it's worth reiterating: the spreadsheet shows that orders in Q1 mostly took 30-60 days to get a VIN. After that, it was on average a week additional for delivery. The earlier in the quarter you ordered, typically the larger number of days it was between order and VIN acquisition. Don't look at the orders that had VIN/delivery within a week or so. These are most likely pre-existing inventory purchases and weren't custom orders. Believe me...I want to get my car as fast as possible too. But I'm trying to temper expectations. My SA told me late May to mid-June when I ordered on 4/9 and that's exactly where my range is right now ( 5/26 to 6/15).

Look at the spreadsheet, find the corresponding Q1 date to your Q2 date (e.g. 4/9 = 1/9) and go from there. Obviously there are outliers and one quarter doesn't dictate the next. But it's probably more telling than what your SA or website says.
Good idea.

The spreadsheet is showing for our order period in the prior quarter of Jan 11 to Feb 11, 167 entries with a VIN and an average of 32 days from order to VIN date. Nice if we all got a VIN by day 32. The max was 86 days and there was one at 60 days, but most were lower than 60 but trending up, as it seems in the current quarter.

Proof is the recent news about being sold out for Q2 already with existing orders. It seems to mean current placement of an order would be at nine weeks or more.

Ordered 4/6 - MY/WHT/20/5/FSD/No hitch

As many of you, I have experienced extreme swings in delivery date ranges.

I had consistently been advised by Tesla representatives to NOT do the credit app until I have a VIN. However, Friday I got a text from the SA to do the credit check. I mentioned the lack of VIN at this point and he said to go ahead and do it. Which I did. After getting an instant approval, I went from “estimated 5-9 weeks after order date” to a date range that’s fluctuated around June 4-June 24. Seems a bit odd there was a sudden change in recommendations. Especially for a due date that’s still a month out. Any ideas as to why he’d request that after blatantly telling me to not do it until I gave a VIN? TY

Ordered 4/6 - MY/WHT/20/5/FSD/No hitch

As many of you, I have experienced extreme swings in delivery date ranges.

I had consistently been advised by Tesla representatives to NOT do the credit app until I have a VIN. However, Friday I got a text from the SA to do the credit check. I mentioned the lack of VIN at this point and he said to go ahead and do it. Which I did. After getting an instant approval, I went from “estimated 5-9 weeks after order date” to a date range that’s fluctuated around June 4-June 24. Seems a bit odd there was a sudden change in recommendations. Especially for a due date that’s still a month out. Any ideas as to why he’d request that after blatantly telling me to not do it until I gave a VIN? TY
I'm really confused about the delivery profile screen. Even on the spreadsheet on here, it has a column for you to enter the date when you complete the delivery profile. It looks like most people did it the same day as the order or 1-2 days after.
However, mine will never be complete because I'm not accepting the trade-in offer yet or accepting any terms to loan. I put in my credit stuff already (I didn't know it was going to pull my credit yet) and they already gave me terms to a loan but I don't want to accept because I just ordered and it'll likely expire anyway.

Does not completing this entire page delay me? My SA seems to think not.

I'm really confused about the delivery profile screen. Even on the spreadsheet on here, it has a column for you to enter the date when you complete the delivery profile. It looks like most people did it the same day as the order or 1-2 days after.
However, mine will never be complete because I'm not accepting the trade-in offer yet or accepting any terms to loan. I put in my credit stuff already (I didn't know it was going to pull my credit yet) and they already gave me terms to a loan but I don't want to accept because I just ordered and it'll likely expire anyway.

I don’t think it does delay anything. However, I didn’t put in a trade-in, knowing it would expire. SA said I can add it later manually on his end.

In addition, the SA said to just enter paying in full with cash and no financing since the credit check will also expire. SA said he can change manually on his end after VIN is assigned.

My SA says your $100 deposit secures your place in line. Everything else is irrelevant. (According to him) so I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle lol

Hello All. I just wanted to know and what to expect with these current model y delivery times. I ordered mine on the 31st of March and on my account currently am seeing an expected delivery date of April 30 to May 20. It keeps changing. Are they usually accurate, can they be early? Thanks.
I ordered mine April 4th a day after Tesla told me:

I wanted to give you a heads up that delivery times are now 5-9 weeks for Model Y’s.
Which puts delivery times Mid May – Mid June.

I took deliver last week, essentially 1 month after order.

My SA says your $100 deposit secures your place in line. Everything else is irrelevant. (According to him) so I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle lol
If anything is consistent about the order process is that its completely inconsistent. I got a call two days after placing the deposit asking me to complete my trade in and credit app to speed up the process. Ordered 04/08 MYP White\White\Tow. Currently sitting at Estimated Delivery: May 12 - May 30 with no VIN