Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 4/11 MYP Dates from a week after delivery has been showing May 24-June12. No changes since.

People, don't forget that there is a massive semiconductor shortages affecting everyone. If your car is delayed, it's not because Tesla isn't building them on purpose just to make you wait, most likely it's because they are trying to gauge based on when they are getting the electronics for the cars. If they ordered say 1000 screens and only received 400 because that's all the factory could produce due to materials, then only 400 screens will be put in cars.
Now do the same for all other electronic bits the car has (which are obviously many) and there you go

You'll get your car. I promise you :)

Tesla has been completely unaffected by this issue as stated in their Q1 earnings call. They anticipated this and made adjustments and preparations in their supply chain.

Gave up and picked up a new car from inventory (LR MY, blue, black interior, 5 seat, induction wheels). Matched everything except white interior, wife preferred black anyhow. SA matched to my order and honored the reservation price, which pre-dated 2 of the 3 increases.

EV-CPO, the refresh button, luck, and living within 200 miles of Fremont helps.

Took delivery over the weekend and very happy. Noted the car is out of alignment, service appointment set for tomorrow.

Reactions: chisss
Thanks, and yes time is slowing down. It appears as if there was a long pause in deliveries and they about to begin shipping a whole lot of Ys. Is that the case?
No idea, my dates haven't changed for the last 5 days, a record I would say (May 25 - June 15), trying to reach my SA or anyone just to hear their version, but the Miami Branch, just ignore customers, they not pick the phone neither return calls.

Thanks, and yes time is slowing down. It appears as if there was a long pause in deliveries and they about to begin shipping a whole lot of Ys. Is that the case?
Someone mentioned a while back that for any given quarter, the first month is used mostly for orders outside of the US. Not sure if this is true but it does make sense. Remember, Tesla only has two factories spitting out cars right now: Fremont and Shanghai. And from what I've read, the China factory only delivers to China. Which means Teslas for every other country in the world come from Fremont. So it's probably not that they've "paused" in deliveries...they're just sending most of the cars they're making now overseas. And since these can take many weeks to reach their destination, you won't see very many "I just got my car!" posts with the exception of those who are buying pre-existing inventory.

I keep seeing people posting in FB groups that they took delivery in the last week or so. Also drove by the service center and saw about 10 new Ys in the lot, plus a I saw a truckload on the highway last week.

Maybe we’re just the unlucky ones?
I guess so. Maybe I need to start rubbing my wall connector for good luck like someone else posted earlier.

The fun part of waiting is my wife test drove a M3P on Saturday and we put in an order for a M3P on Sunday. As of this morning the estimated delivery date for both cars is basically the same, June 3 - 23. Now, this is good news since the EV credit in NY will go from $2000 to $500 if we don't take delivery by June 30th, but I put my order in six weeks before she did. Her comment, "Oh, I could get my car in less than a month, that doesn't seem too bad" made me a little salty...:)

My estimated delivery keep changing back and forth from June 2-22 to June 3-23 for a week now.

Order date 4/10 and I applied for financing via Tesla on the same day, now I am a bit worry if it will expire... Texted my SA twice last week but so far no responses.
Mine was ordered April 18 along with tesla financing approval via Wells Fargo. Currently sitting for arrival June 10 thru 30. Spoke to my "Tesla agent" mentioning I was concerned about the loan approval expiring before delivery. He said financing would just pull a "soft" credit check again come arrival time.

Reactions: Emmadiane
1620668341218.png

Found this in inventory within a 200 mile radius from San antonio if anyone is interested.

Mine was ordered April 18 along with tesla financing approval via Wells Fargo. Currently sitting for arrival June 10 thru 30. Spoke to my "Tesla agent" mentioning I was concerned about the loan approval expiring before delivery. He said financing would just pull a "soft" credit check again come arrival time.
This is also my concern because when the loan approval expires then they need to run a credit check again which would affect my credit score. I don't think it matters if it's a soft credit check because it will have the same impact.

Reactions: e143slime8
Not going to bother reposting my chart or the analytics I've done that prove RyFreddy's speculation above. Feels like a bit of bait and switch by Tesla. Why the **** wouldn't they just tell us deliveries are only made the final month of each quarter? I'd still have ****ing ordered the car I just wouldn't be pissed off
The problem is they did deliver a slew of cars for those that ordered end of March/early April in mid-;ate April. For some reason they left a huge chunk of people out for no reason. I even remember when almost everyone from Texas in this forum received VINs in a 2 day time frame, but i was left twiddling my thumbs. people with exact same configs were skipped even in the same area. it made no logical sense