Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To clarify quickly since the cars appear and disappear within seconds, when you say pulled trigger I assume you put down another $100 deposit for the inventory call and later told Tesla that you want this car instead of your previous order?

Yes, I noticed the car at 10pm and there was no way my SA would jump on it.

So doing another $100 deposit is the fastest way to secure the inventory car. My SA then swapped the car on my original RN and made that a custom, pushed out to the end of the year.

Reactions: jgd108
Ok just got off the phone with SA. Was told that my vehicle has already been built but because of a computer system error, there were several vehicles that had not been paired with a VIN. If you believe what he says, I should be getting my VIN tomorrow or the following day and vehicle should be here by the end of this month. Could all be a bunch of BS and trying not to get my hopes up.

Long range model Y, white on white, 20” inductions, 5 seat, no fsd, no tow. Order placed 4/4.

Ok just got off the phone with SA. Was told that my vehicle has already been built but because of a computer system error, there were several vehicles that had not been paired with a VIN. If you believe what he says, I should be getting my VIN tomorrow or the following day and vehicle should be here by the end of this month. Could all be a bunch of BS and trying not to get my hopes up.

Long range model Y, white on white, 20” inductions, 5 seat, no fsd, no tow. Order placed 4/4.
Well you just got my hopes up! I ordered same car except 19", FSD, and 7 seater. Placed 4/12. I'll be so glad when I can stop refreshing the page and/or looking at Tesla page last thing at night and first thing in morning!

Reactions: Peelz and Veltic

There was another person here who was told the exact same story last Friday.

Got lucky and caught a demo model in MSM nearby. 1000 off the price I locked in April 10, 789 miles on it. SA said any cosmetic issues will be fixed same as new. 162xxx vin, born end of March.
This one right! Congrats!!
Somehow when they show up they are already sold if you try to click Buy
The inventory page has been super spotty.
Any tips? thx!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 3.21.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 3.21.59 PM.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 49
There was another person here who was told the exact same story last Friday.

This one right! Congrats!!
Somehow when they show up they are already sold if you try to click Buy
The inventory page has been super spotty.
Any tips? thx!
Timing. I texted my SA when I saw it show up (it hadn't hit ev-tsla yet) and thankfully he was quick and was able to snag it.

Reactions: jgd108

yeah this is what i reported a few days back.

I technically have a vin assigned but the system doesn't know about it yet lol