Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think if it were adding range and they were putting the new battery in the current or even the order now MYs we would see the mileage difference shown on the order page.
You are right, I think the bigger batteries are just to make sure the MY hits the EPA range. I think with the software update the range gain was iffy (and maybe EPA said something too???). The slight increase in battery probably allows them more comfort in meeting the current EPA range. Could also be saving more battery on the back end for better degradation performance.

Reactions: LaFlamaBlanc@
You are right, I think the bigger batteries are just to make sure the MY hits the EPA range. I think with the software update the range gain was iffy (and maybe EPA said something too???). The slight increase in battery probably allows them more comfort in meeting the current EPA range. Could also be saving more battery on the back end for better degradation performance.
I would not have any issues if the additional kwh go towards the buffer to protect the battery from degradation.. I currently drive a Hyundai Kona Electric which I bought 6/28/2019 and I already drove it for almost 51000 miles and the car has no measurable degradation.. Still getting the same range as when the car was new. What Hyundai did was to first use up the buffer when it comes to degradation.. So, until the buffer is used up, you will not see any degradation... My car recently showed 275 mile range @ 80% SoC...
20210509_082923.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: StoicKiwi
CT is heavy on unions and the dealerships are one of them... so they won't allow the manufacturer to direct sell to customers in the state. There's only a showroom/service center where you can go and look at the cars and test drive them but you can't order it from them or pick it up there, you can't even do in home delivery. you have to go to the next closest place which for me is Mt Kisco, NY which is a good 2 hrs away from me...
Write to your congress representative and request changes!

I posted this a few days ago but I think it's worth reiterating: the spreadsheet shows that orders in Q1 mostly took 30-60 days to get a VIN. After that, it was on average a week additional for delivery. The earlier in the quarter you ordered, typically the larger number of days it was between order and VIN acquisition. Don't look at the orders that had VIN/delivery within a week or so. These are most likely pre-existing inventory purchases and weren't custom orders. Believe me...I want to get my car as fast as possible too. But I'm trying to temper expectations. My SA told me late May to mid-June when I ordered on 4/9 and that's exactly where my range is right now ( 5/26 to 6/15).

Look at the spreadsheet, find the corresponding Q1 date to your Q2 date (e.g. 4/9 = 1/9) and go from there. Obviously there are outliers and one quarter doesn't dictate the next. But it's probably more telling than what your SA or website says.
I think if it were adding range and they were putting the new battery in the current or even the order now MYs we would see the mileage difference shown on the order page.
Maybe. It took a couple months for the center console to get updated on the order page even after it started getting delivered. Remember, inconsistency is the word of the day....every day. Either way, that would be cool if this was the reason for the delays. (Although honestly, it’s hard to even call a lot of us delayed at this point, but we could certainly do with some updates)

I would not trust the SA who said the delays are from a whole bunch of new features. Remember how we were all supposed to be seeing a bunch of VINs today according to the other SA? This guy's lie is bigger but no more true than the other.

Also, claiming the car is going to have more features than it actually does is no more different than what scummy dealerships do. I thought it was supposed to be different with Tesla? That's a LITERAL bait and switch

I would not trust the SA who said the delays are from a whole bunch of new features. Remember how we were all supposed to be seeing a bunch of VINs today according to the other SA? This guy's lie is bigger but no more true than the other.

Also, claiming the car is going to have more features than it actually does is no more different than what scummy dealerships do. I thought it was supposed to be different with Tesla? That's a LITERAL bait and switch

We all think Tesla is pretty cool, or we wouldn't be here... but we have to remember - it's still a car dealer.

If you get the ones that aren't designed to work with the airbags. The one from AMZ is designed to work with the factory airbags.
How do you design something that covers the entire seat to work with something that is meant to protrude out of the seat? Unless you are cutting the fabric away from the sites the airbag deploys, so it's only a partial seat cover. But the ones I was replying to were a full seat cover yet still said 'designed to work with airbaigs'. Idk I just don't get it lol

• Funny
Reactions: 63AMG
Wow what a cluster. So, the car I found in inventory (which made me change my order color from Blue to MSM) ended up not being for sale, but was listed by accident. After we figured that out, I asked him to switch me back to blue. Not only did that reset my order date to today (effectively screwing me for Q2 delivery), but also increased my price by $1,000, since I ordered at the beginning of April. SA is talking to his manager, but trying to shortcut the delivery process by switching to a demo car has really bitten me badly.

Wow what a cluster. So, the car I found in inventory (which made me change my order color from Blue to MSM) ended up not being for sale, but was listed by accident. After we figured that out, I asked him to switch me back to blue. Not only did that reset my order date to today (effectively screwing me for Q2 delivery), but also increased my price by $1,000, since I ordered at the beginning of April. SA is talking to his manager, but trying to shortcut the delivery process by switching to a demo car has really bitten me badly.
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. You're not the first person who has had this happen to, and probably not the last.

What a nightmare. I am now crossing existing inventory off the list especially since I’m so close to the finish line (I hope).

Placed my order on 4/5 and took delivery in North Texas at my house on May 8th. ZERO issues on inspection. Tesla has truly outdone themselves.
You're giving hope to Tow Hitch orderers. I'd love to have the same timeline as you, pretty close configuration placed fully just 6 days after you, but my estimate is now in June. Looks like you had 33 days from order to delivery. When did you get your VIN? I'm sitting right at 29 days from my "full order" today.

Last edited: