Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wifey ordered Model Y on Apr 29, had generic "6-9 weeks from order date" listed since then until today. Now has date range Jun 17 - Jun 30.

Config is LR White 19 NoTow Black 5 AP.

I am a Model 3 owner since April 2019. I convinced her to give up her 8 year old CR/V after the AWD light started appearing on the dash sporadically, and then she spilled some gas on her clothes while filling up.

They could also have expanded production for export into May.. When I ordered, I was told that in the first month of the quarter (April), all production goes to Export and domestic production resumes in May and that I'll likely receive my car early June..

Problem is, the Model Y is not exported (beyond Canada). So there is no export time lag like the Model 3. Additionally, for those of us that ordered at the first of the quarter, they did a bunch of deliveries already - following east cost, mid, then west coast. Some people got cars, some didn't. No rime or reason. Then we hit this long lull in between.

Reactions: 63AMG
Problem is, the Model Y is not exported (beyond Canada). So there is no export time lag like the Model 3. Additionally, for those of us that ordered at the first of the quarter, they did a bunch of deliveries already - following east cost, mid, then west coast. Some people got cars, some didn't. No rime or reason. Then we hit this long lull in between.
I guess that the SA I was talking to was either full of crap or didn't know when he told me that the first month of the quarter is usually export production..

finally added my info to the spreadsheet today... lazy lol

the averages are interesting. But looking at it. It includes those who ordered early and waited forever, which skews average up. Plus a couple questionable entries... Either way, I will hope for "average" :)

66 days.... that would be June 11.

finally added my info to the spreadsheet today... lazy lol

the averages are interesting. But looking at it. It includes those who ordered early and waited forever, which skews average up. Plus a couple questionable entries... Either way, I will hope for "average" :)

66 days.... that would be June 11.

Average without those outliers is actually 34 days from order to delivery, but those numbers don't matter. It's not correct that exports are done during any particular month of each quarter, but it is true that 85% of each quarter's deliveries take place in the final month of each quarter. So it's more about how close you placed your order to the last month of each quarter. No clue why Tesla does it this way. Probably retooling their production line in the first half of each quarter to fix all the common QC errors they created during the mad rush of production during/near the final month of the prior quarter. Just make cars normally Elon!

Reactions: Peelz
Average without those outliers is actually 34 days from order to delivery, but those numbers don't matter. It's not correct that exports are done during any particular month of each quarter, but it is true that 85% of each quarter's deliveries take place in the final month of each quarter. So it's more about how close you placed your order to the last month of each quarter. No clue why Tesla does it this way. Probably retooling their production line in the first half of each quarter to fix all the common QC errors they created during the mad rush of production during/near the final month of the prior quarter. Just make cars normally Elon!

makes sense. My wife keeps grumbling "we should have ordered the week before when we decided we would probably get one and scheduled the test. wed have it by now"

That likely wouldn't have saved us anything besides the 5 days of waiting.. Lol April 1st vs 6...

• Funny
Reactions: 63AMG
makes sense. My wife keeps grumbling "we should have ordered the week before when we decided we would probably get one and scheduled the test. wed have it by now"

That likely wouldn't have saved us anything besides the 5 days of waiting.. Lol April 1st vs 6...
In my case, my home loan refinance company totally screwed us, took 75 days for them to close and pushed out our ability to say "I'm Ready" for our on-hold order.

Reactions: Peelz