Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered April 29.

MYP, blue, white interior, tow hitch, no FSD, Texas delivery.

Original delivery estimate: May 20 - June 09.

As of last Sunday, the first portion of my delivery date has been incrementing by 1 day each day around 2000 (8PM) CT. As of this post my estimate is May 26 - June 09.

Reactions: hallwc87
My 2¢:

While it's true that this group is a small subset of everyone who has ordered a MY, Tesla made >180k deliveries last quarter and there were reports that Q2 sold out some time ago. The law of averages says some of us should have gotten a VIN by now, especially since there are some with order dates in March, unless we're all the unluckiest people in the country.

The homologation hold is the most plausible reason I've heard (forgetting the fact that I bet none of us knew that word existed at this time yesterday). Tesla publicly said they changed microchips, and since those things control everything (including safety systems), I bet there's some bureaucratic check boxes that needed attention. That would mesh well with the fact that there hasn't been a recall and what VIN's have been assigned have been older ones.

Since it's a software issue, it won't stop Tesla from continuing to produce and ship cars (hence the pictures of MY's on lots around the country), so in theory they can still hit their delivery numbers for the quarter, assuming those boxes are checked in the next couple weeks.

The radio silence is the interesting part. It's no secret that Tesla switched microchips and that all companies are experiencing supply chain issues, so there's no real incentive to hide it. Unless it's purely for optics: "we are better at everything and are therefore impervious to these plebeian issues." And since demand is still strong, they have no incentive to appease their customer base by disclosing any production hiccups. They know we will begrudgingly wait.

That said, none of this changes the fact that I WANT MY DAMN CAR RIGHT NOW!!!

My 2¢:

While it's true that this group is a small subset of everyone who has ordered a MY, Tesla made >180k deliveries last quarter and there were reports that Q2 sold out some time ago. The law of averages says some of us should have gotten a VIN by now, especially since there are some with order dates in March, unless we're all the unluckiest people in the country.

The homologation hold is the most plausible reason I've heard (forgetting the fact that I bet none of us knew that word existed at this time yesterday). Tesla publicly said they changed microchips, and since those things control everything (including safety systems), I bet there's some bureaucratic check boxes that needed attention. That would mesh well with the fact that there hasn't been a recall and what VIN's have been assigned have been older ones.

Since it's a software issue, it won't stop Tesla from continuing to produce and ship cars (hence the pictures of MY's on lots around the country), so in theory they can still hit their delivery numbers for the quarter, assuming those boxes are checked in the next couple weeks.

The radio silence is the interesting part. It's no secret that Tesla switched microchips and that all companies are experiencing supply chain issues, so there's no real incentive to hide it. Unless it's purely for optics: "we are better at everything and are therefore impervious to these plebeian issues." And since demand is still strong, they have no incentive to appease their customer base by disclosing any production hiccups. They know we will begrudgingly wait.

That said, none of this changes the fact that I WANT MY DAMN CAR RIGHT NOW!!!
It would not surprise me in the least to find optics is the primary reason.

What I don't get in my case is my Y is a March 2021 build and they've delivered many since then for the Q1 push, but I am still being told of this homologation issue. Could be they didn't make the appropriate filing/revision and now have to redo it. Not a big enough deal for a recall, but paperwork that has to get done.

While this is nowhere close to my first Tesla, I am still waiting like it's Xmas morning. I am going to ask to go see it, like I would my newborn, even if it must be behind glass.

HI Everyone,

I have been stalking here for awhile. I ordered a long range, white on white, 7 seater with induction wheels on 3/29 to be delivered to Ft. Myers, FL. Have had dates show up each one latter than the previous. The last week or so, no dates to be found. So everyone's guess is as good as mine when it will be ready. Maybe May, Maybe June, who knows could be July. But like everyone else I pray they surprise me soon:)

Reactions: MrsLabib
HI Everyone,

I have been stalking here for awhile. I ordered a long range, white on white, 7 seater with induction wheels on 3/29 to be delivered to Ft. Myers, FL. Have had dates show up each one latter than the previous. The last week or so, no dates to be found. So everyone's guess is as good as mine when it will be ready. Maybe May, Maybe June, who knows could be July. But like everyone else I pray they surprise me soon:)
ha we ordered the same config, but I have tow. I ordered on 4/30 and my date range is 6/6-6/26

3/31 order; white/black 19s KCMO delivery. The last date range I had (May 29 - June 12 or so) was there maybe 10 days ago and I have been sitting at 1-10 weeks from order since then. Even when I first ordered the '1-10 weeks' was there just a few days before I got actual delivery estimates.

Last week my SA said I 'should' take delivery near the end of the month, but I take that with considerable pause. I'm managing my expectations and expect delivery mid-late June. Its not particularly convenient for me to just drive by the service center to see if cars are stacking up or not, but I may do so next week out of curiosity.

Reactions: danintoronto
The daily dice rolling continues.

LOL we're never gonna get boxcars!

My wife is actually at a car dealer right now(they have in house coffee shop) and they have a Model 3 on their floor. LR, ITs the white/black color combo(yawn), no options, they're asking $49k And the ad says "save thousands" What the..... LOL

shes in there actually part-interested, and NO salesman are coming to help.

heres the link.

Reactions: noob_hunter_gu
So, small update. It looks like I’m in the same boat as a few people here wherein my end date, June 14, hasn’t changed at all in the last two weeks but the last few days my earliest date bumped back one day each day. So May 24 became the 25th, 26th...today the 28th. I suspect it’s trying to keep two weeks between the current day and the earliest delivery day. No VIN yet.

I actually have a pre-scheduled call with an SA from the Springfield NJ SC tomorrow. We scheduled after my test drive in March because we thought we were going to wait for the New Jersey rebate to come back, but we ended up ordering earlier because we need the car earlier. Although we’ve ordered I still have some questions for him anyway, but I’m definitely going to pick his brain as to the likelihood that we on the East Coast should expect vehicles before mid June!