Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my dates changed from June 7 to June 27 to “5 to 9 weeks from order placed date” … is the order placed date text new?
Same thing happened, but now the dates are back and it got a bit better, from June 9- June 27 to June 04 - June 24. If all this software update stuff is true I think most of the cars are sitting on the lots just waiting to get delivered because the way my SA sounded yesterday when I asked for an update he said "I'm 99% sure you'll have a car in the next week or two." He also said he researched my order to make sure what was going on with it before he called. IDK maybe I'm just being hopeful lol

“Would be curious if they are still there tomorrow. May also be worth just asking whether those are ready for delivery or not and see what they say.” Original post

So I found this interesting and decided to post in light of you bringing this up.
The dealership in Utah has had approximately 15 brand new model Y’s on the lot for about two weeks now. I asked my SA about it and he said “those are assigned to people that ordered prior to yours” (4/6 order date) and they receive shipments “all the time”. He made sure to remind me that he’s expecting a June timeframe. Which came across a bit like “don’t concern yourself with the plethora of brand new MY’s in the lot”

Question for people to make sure I am not crazy. In the Tesla Portal I show that my wife and I are approved through BMO. Nothing has changes on that in the portal. Then today we received two letters in the mail from BMO saying we where denied. I called BMO and they said they can't see anything since I don't have an account yet and told me to call Tesla. I called SA at pick up location and explained everything. He says that I am all good to go and show approved for them. His thinking and my thinking is that the system probably submitted us to mulitple places with terms and BMO might have had two applications one at one term (denied) and another at another term (approved). What we got in the mail was the denial for the first attempt which was probably at a lower interest rate and by increasing the interest rate a little bit we where approved and that I shouldn't worry.

This is normal for car buying when using dealer finance?
I also had financing anamolies. Was initially declined by several banks via Tesla financing option. Called my SA who gave me a phone number to call if needed. Within 15 minutes got notification that it was approved and all was showing good on Tesla account page. I have since gotten several standard notifications through the mail of application denials from other banks. As long as Tesla's site is showing good to go I'm happy (reluctantly crossing my fingers). I also called the SA with concern about the approval date vs. delivery date. He said worse case scenario, the approving authority would just redo via a "soft" check.

Reactions: jstuder
Mine have jumped quite a bit from initial order date of 4/17.
Started at May 7 - May 28
At one point, was May 28 - June 18
Then pulled forward again to May 10 - May 31
The inched out day-by-day to May 22 - June 12 over the last couple weeks
Earlier today had 5 - 9 weeks from order
And when I just checked again is now May 24 - June 14

Reactions: hallwc87