Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy. New here. Live in CA only 45 mins from Fremont. Ordered 4/23 MSM/LR/20/Hitch and will pick up in Dublin. It seems vastly different now but our experience with delivery of our 2019 M3 was that they were conservative in estimates and received our M3 2 weeks earlier than the earliest time they had quoted and ended up receiving it early June 2019. Obviously the MY seems to be different here in ’21. I‘m getting ‘7-10 weeks from order’ today but noticed if you order one it says 4-11 weeks. It seems with current estimates they’re certainly waiting on something.

FWIW we love our M3 and am happy to finally replace our last gas car with a new MY. The combo of solar panel generation offsetting the entire cost of M3 charging makes having a second Tesla a reality (though selling off our old car for more than we thought helped as well towards the down payment)

Hoping we all can compare VINs soon!

So,....., Ordered White Plains NY April 16, Red, LR, 5 seat, black interior, 20" wheels, no hitch

April 21 - May 19 to June 4
April 29 - June 4 to 28
May 1 - June 5 to 25
May 1 afternoon - June 10 to June 30
May 2 - June 2 to 22
May 3 - June 3 to 23
May 4 - June 4 to 24
May 5 - June 16 to 30
May 6 - June 15 to 30
May 11 - June 9 to 29
May 12 - June 4 to 24
May 14 (AM) - 5 to 9 weeks from ordering date
May 14 (PM) - June 4 to 24

Today I had nothing better to do but go see my granson play football in Yonkers. I then said, well, Tarrytown Rd Tesla is close by so let me pay them a visit. New Tesla location, not a storage dump but several cars on display along with some assorted Y's on the "lot". Many of them having a white interior which, I think is very eye popping although I've heard from some of the possibility of the seat picking up 'Jeans" color. Since I didn't feel like dealing with potential cleaning problems with that, I chose the black interior although I really started to dwell on that choice. The existing SA at the store mentioned that I should be receiving my VIN soon once the vehicle hits the manufacture point and delivery approximately 1 to 2 weeks after that. They also mentioned about the possibility of matching me with existing inventory. I was concerned at that point about getting a vehicle Version 1 vs a newer Version 2 (the only thing I've heard about the difference is from the sales of "cubby hole organizers" saying there is a difference depending on which "version" I have. Not sure if there would be any other difference. In any event, put that aside. I then left and decided to go to the actual delivery point in Mt. Kisco, again dwelling on the white interior. Again no load of "y's" on the lot but several with white interior. Again the SA mentioned about the stain potential plus the fact, if I did choose to switch, the price increase of $1000 plus cost of white (another $1000) would add money to the total. Plus, no guarantee that the delivery timeline would stay put. So, I put that thought out of my head. I did see a Black Y with black interior and was impressed with it's look. All in all, if nothing more than the SA satisfying my quest to find out potential time lines going forward, I'm glad I made the trip. Sorry for the rambling.......... (BTW, grandson's team won)
I don’t need a load of MYs on the lot if one of the white interiors is a blue with with 19s and a hitch!

Went by the Richmond VA SC and saw about 15-20 Model Y and Model 3's. Most had build dates April 28 - May 2. Some with State Inspections, all still need to be cleaned. SC hadn't opened yet so didn't get to speak with anyone.

IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0042.jpg

That's very possible... I'm working in Application Development/Software engineering and QA usually takes many weeks in testing cycles before software can go live after we are done developing. I hope that it's not going to be weeks and weeks before they are done...
Total SWAG based on various conversations, but I think it is probably at least a week if not more before the firmware is pushed. Does that mean they’re testing? No idea, but it does not seem imminent based on the daily delay emails I get from my my DEV, the homologation info, etc. My Y has been sitting on a lot with a VIN for over a week and every day my delivery (which is now a drop off at my house) is delayed and every day the team says “we have no idea when the firmware update will come”.