Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sick of waiting and no proper answer from Tesla. I am going to go with BMW X5 electrified and it also has 7500 rebate available. Tesla thinks that they don’t have competition and can do whatever they want. This is just not professional on part of Tesla.

Good luck. BMW is having the same issues. 😂

Good luck. BMW is having the same issues. 😂

As far as I can tell everyone is having these issues. Before I ordered my Y last week I was considering a Lexus UX250h and I was told by several dealers that a custom order would be anywhere from 3 - 6 months. One dealer even told me that it might be as long as 8 - 10 months although I don't think that sales guy really knew what he was talking about.

Reactions: 63AMG
Howdy all. Drove past the Chicago SC on Grand earlier today and saw a lot full of Y’s and several more being unloaded. Everything in the lot had a manuf. date of 5/7ish. Anybody have the rosetta stone on what the colored dot stickers mean? They were different on every vehicle.

Thank you for checking on it. Just curious, and I doubt anyone here would know, but I wonder if Bloomington SC gets their vehicles delivered from Chicago or St Louis.

Reactions: Sudsington
As far as I can tell everyone is having these issues. Before I ordered my Y last week I was considering a Lexus UX250h and I was told by several dealers that a custom order would be anywhere from 3 - 6 months. One dealer even told me that it might be as long as 8 - 10 months although I don't think that sales guy really knew what he was talking about.
The fundamental difference, IMHO, is the lack of clarity and transparency.
If the lead time is four months, say it’s four months, not 1.5. If it’s 1.5 and shifts to 4 because of unforeseen circumstances, communicate that.

The “Tesla bro” responses, no call backs, etc. are just rubbish.

The fundamental difference, IMHO, is the lack of clarity and transparency.
If the lead time is four months, say it’s four months, not 1.5. If it’s 1.5 and shifts to 4 because of unforeseen circumstances, communicate that.

The “Tesla bro” responses, no call backs, etc. are just rubbish.
The website is one thing and what the staff tells you is another.. Before I ordered, I was told that I'll likely get the car early June.. Website said otherwise in the beginning but based on the statements from the person who helped me when I did the test drive told me that it will be likely around 8 weeks. My first estimate on their website was a date 2 to 6 weeks instead of 4 to 8 or 5 to 9 weeks.. It appears that the 8 weeks estimate from the Tesla employee may end up being correct..

Last edited:
Update for folks around Springfield:

Family member drove past on their way home from work. Did not take a photo (frustratingly...) There are about 15-20 MYs in their lot. Most did not have plates and some had stretch plastic still on their fronts. Hopefully, this is good news?
I hope 🤞🏼 At least we know they are getting them. Maybe pictures from someone will solidify it and maybe mine is there lol

Anybody near Cherry Hill NJ location that can drive by their lot? Thats where Im supposed to take delivery
My wife works a couple days a week in NJ. If she’s heading over to Wegmans, then I’ll ask her to swing by and take a pic.

And the irony of her having range anxiety this morning with her ICE. She had to leave early for work because she needed gas. She’s excited for the MY and can see us being a 2 EV car household within a few years.

Last edited:
My wife works a couple days a week in NJ. If she’s heading over to Wegmans, then I’ll ask her to swing by and take a pic.

And the irony of her having range anxiety this morning with her ICE. She had to leave early for work because she needed gas. She’s excited for the MY and can see us being a 2 EV car household within a few years.
Would be very much appreciated, thanks!

I spoke with an SA yesterday and he seemed informative, but I'm learning it might not be the case with SAs.

I asked about deliveries, he stated the following.
They are not receiving any MY this week and they have a few coming in the week of 21 May, then the following week should have even more with all cars being delivered by the 26th of June... We shall see if that holds true. This was the location in Ownings Mills Md

The website is one thing and what the staff tells you is another.. Before I ordered, I was told that I'll likely get the car early June.. Website said otherwise in the beginning but based on the statements from the person who helped me when I did the test drive told me that it will be likely around 8 weeks. My first estimate on their website was a date 2 to 6 weeks instead of 4 to 8 or 5 to 9 weeks.. It appears that the 8 weeks estimate from the Tesla employee may end up being correct..

So I have a different perspective.

When I ordered, website said 5 - 7 weeks, and just before I ordered the salesperson said "definitely" less than 5 weeks. What did I do based on this "definite" timeline? Sold my current car and lined up my financing. What does it look like now? I will be unnecessarily without a vehicle for at least another month and will undoubtedly have to apply for a second car loan because the first will probably expire before the car comes in.

I'm four weeks post order now, the website has consistently shown anywhere from 6 - 10 to 8 - 12 weeks (both specific dates and week ranges) since the day I ordered, and I can't get any information at all. The salesperson doesn't respond to text or email and the one or two people that I have talked to at the SC just keep telling me, "It's all good brother. I'm going to nab you a car any day now, just give me another week."

To make things worse, the latest projected delivery date, at the end of June, overlaps with a vacation (first in two years) and I was basically told that they would "put a note on my account" but, unfortunately, if I'm not in town to receive the car I just go back in the queue.

It's just poor form and, IMHO, is a crap first impression.

I’m in the same boat as you..I will be gone on military orders the last two weeks of June..and I was told that I only have 3 days to pick up my car once it arrives …if I don’t, I have to reorder…
I have no problems waiting at all…but I will be pissed if after waiting, and the vehicle shows up when I’m not even in the country ..and they know this in advance…and then I have to reorder and wait again…

Here’s an interesting one. I had delivery scheduled. In order to take delivery in MD, you must pay before you show up. So, I paid the morning of and my loan was funded. Then, delivery was canceled within hours of funding.

Not only does Tesla have my money, but I have a funded loan with interest and no car and, since it’s Tesla, really no redress. Nothing I can do but wait for a car for which I paid and have a loan…

I’m in the same boat as you..I will be gone on military orders the last two weeks of June..and I was told that I only have 3 days to pick up my car once it arrives …if I don’t, I have to reorder…
I have no problems waiting at all…but I will be pissed if after waiting, and the vehicle shows up when I’m not even in the country ..and they know this in advance…and then I have to reorder and wait again…
so frustrating... and thank you for your service.