Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to my SC, you DO NOT have to make payment before they send the car to TX but only before delivery. I am using outside financing and have been told several times by different reps that I can wait till after vin assignment to finalize the loan and the credit union will send proof of payment to tesla. They all did say that they would push delivery if proof of payment wasn't received 2 days before scheduled delivery.
Interesting! Thanks for sharing

Reactions: FoxVega
Starting week 2 of the “5-9 weeks” timing. Changing the subject to something not so depressing, what vehicle is everyone trading or selling for the Model Y. I’ll go first. I’m finally upgrading from a 2006 Honda Civic. No fancy dash screen and everything is manual buttons. Also manual transmission. Feel like I’m coming out of the Stone Age.
2013 Tesla Model S 85. Bought used for over half off in 2016. Put a ton of miles on it. Loved it so much. Miss that green color, man that was slick; boring colors now-a-days. Not my first Tesla show (FYI the CPO experience was a bajillion times better than this, or at least it was in 2016). Also not my first EV: 2011 Nissan Leaf (horrible battery degradation - was part of the class action, would NOT recommend) , 2012 chevy volt (spouse), 2013 model S 85 (miss it dearly), 2017 chevy bolt (volt totaled 2 weeks after loan was payed off and got title from a runaway driving in the rain...).

Selling the Model S was the most logical choice unfortunately. We needed something that could tow our new small camper trailer, and with EVs there really is so few options. The Model Y was really the only option (one option couldn't tow enough [needed 3k] and two were more expensive with ~100 miles less range sooo....no). Wife wants a Rivian Truck to replace her Bolt when it is time to let it go. Too bad they aren't out yet - probably would have gotten it instead.

As for me, im 48 and never had a new car, after 20 years of marriage, i got divorced, put one son through college, my second son graduates from high school next week, i lived intentionally on the $$$ low paying my child support (paid off early), fixed my credit from 560 to 750+ and bought used cars or drove a motorcycle, the last car i had was a 2010 chevy cobalt that i got from a co worker for $500, drove it for a few years, and after that i swore i will have my tesla. Flash forward, im happier, and on 3/28 my beautiful impulsive NEW wife test drove a MY and put down a deposit while i was in the bathroom at the SC, so way more than you wanted to know, but i wanted to share......so im pretty damn excited for this car.

Damn, dude, I'm happy for you.

Update (no update). Just confirmed they have NO IDEA when the firmware update will happen. I mentioned I was going away toward the end of this week and was told “we have no reason to believe the update is imminent. That’s likely why dates were all moved to June.” Again, worthless, but an update.

Since June is quarter end, I would expect they’ll do everything to get the firmware done prior to end of June. Until then, I wouldn’t expect deliveries.

I was told NO Ys are being delivered now, so I don’t get the videos people are saying they see, etc.

Update (no update). Just confirmed they have NO IDEA when the firmware update will happen. I mentioned I was going away toward the end of this week and was told “we have no reason to believe the update is imminent. That’s likely why dates were all moved to June.” Again, worthless, but an update.

Since June is quarter end, I would expect they’ll do everything to get the firmware done prior to end of June. Until then, I wouldn’t expect deliveries.

I was told NO Ys are being delivered now, so I don’t get the videos people are saying they see, etc.
This is BS and tesla is just quiet to not get shamed for not doing their jobs, i understand having to "pivot" but cant delivery on their cars and in an effort to not look weak and compromised they just leave everyone guessing.

This is BS and tesla is just quiet to not get shamed for not doing their jobs, i understand having to "pivot" but cant delivery on their cars and in an effort to not look weak and compromised they just leave everyone guessing.
Agree and I am a fan boy getting my third or fourth Tesla. This is the worst experience of all. Just tell us what’s up. With the case of the Y, it matters to investors if they can’t deliver by quarter end. We know Tesla doesn’t communicate with customers, but they do care about investors and hitting targets.

It’s really pathetic. What frustrates me most is in ANY other circumstance, we’d all take our business elsewhere, but there is no competition. It’s amazing that no one has really stepped into this space.

So hitting the other Model Y spots this morning and came across a post from the FB Model Y group. Seems the cars made in March have serious issues with the Firmware. I presume this is the batch with the new chips. Sensors are failing, AutoPilot is failing, and they are waiting on the new firmware. I also saw in the news that the CA DMV is investigating Tesla right now as well.

I Will try to upload photos but my account is new-ish so I might not have rights.

At least this is more clues to what is going on. Lots of posts on the thread stating build date and similar issues. The plot thickens

Attachments

• 187666224_1921171224715815_6767462366737378570_n.jpeg
    187666224_1921171224715815_6767462366737378570_n.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 8.16.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 8.16.00 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Agree and I am a fan boy getting my third or fourth Tesla. This is the worst experience of all. Just tell us what’s up. With the case of the Y, it matters to investors if they can’t deliver by quarter end. We know Tesla doesn’t communicate with customers, but they do care about investors and hitting targets.

It’s really pathetic. What frustrates me most is in ANY other circumstance, we’d all take our business elsewhere, but there is no competition. It’s amazing that no one has really stepped into this space.
very late adopters to the EV game and it shows, honestly me and wife were talking that if Q2 reflects poorly due to deliveries being missed or delayed that will roll into Q3 and become a logistical nightmare, heck ford or another bigger company with an established auto manufacturing pedigree would help tesla with tesla being more a tech company than a car company. First new car/first EV worst experience ever and honestly no logical competition to sway to, because the charging network matters. I am not mad at Tesla for becoming the AT&T of EV charging, who owns the network wins the race.

Reactions: dsandhu and elguapo
So hitting the other Model Y spots this morning and came across a post from the FB Model Y group. Seems the cars made in March have serious issues with the Firmware. I presume this is the batch with the new chips. Sensors are failing, AutoPilot is failing, and they are waiting on the new firmware. I also saw in the news that the CA DMV is investigating Tesla right now as well.

I Will try to upload photos but my account is new-ish so I might not have rights.

At least this is more clues to what is going on. Lots of posts on the thread stating build date and similar issues. The plot thickens
Thanks for the info.

Interesting indeed. Thanks for the recon.

Oh its been a hell of a trip, but I thank God for the ride, heck 5 years ago i almost died, i weighed over 540 pounds had bariatric surgery and lost 306 pounds. again all glory to God

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13.

God Bless you. ♥️