Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As an electrician that has seen no shortage of bad electrical installations and home owner specials I'd say.... Please reconsider doing you're own electrical work. You don't know the finer points of the electrical code and local requirements. The Canadian electrical code is 945 pages long. You don't know the finer details and the rules that over ride rules that over ride other tables. 90 degree wire has a higher ampacity rating in tables but it doesn't apply to most installations. 75C should be the default reference even if you have 110C rated wire.

So yes, while anyone can slap wire on a wall and tighten down lugs on a breaker or receptacle or terminal strip, it's not that black and white. I say this with no angst towards anyone doing their own work but as a word of caution to maybe reconsider.

As an electrician that has seen no shortage of bad electrical installations and home owner specials I'd say.... Please reconsider doing you're own electrical work. You don't know the finer points of the electrical code and local requirements. The Canadian electrical code is 945 pages long. You don't know the finer details and the rules that over ride rules that over ride other tables. 90 degree wire has a higher ampacity rating in tables but it doesn't apply to most installations. 75C should be the default reference even if you have 110C rated wire.

So yes, while anyone can slap wire on a wall and tighten down lugs on a breaker or receptacle or terminal strip, it's not that black and white. I say this with no angst towards anyone doing their own work but as a word of caution to maybe reconsider.
And also if the installation cause a fire and destroys your house, all that because you know.. you might not have done it properly, your insurance company won’t pay for the damages. And I know what I’m talking about, I work for one. So really, are you willing to take such a big risk just to save a couple of grand?

Reactions: 63AMG and rmack
Yeah 1.24% would be amazing…if you qualify to become a member of DCU.
You can qualify by donating $10 to one of their associated organizations. That's what I did (not a member of any of their participating organizations and don't live in the covered areas). Same as other people mentioned in this thread, DM if you want a referral code. It's only $10, but it at least cancels out the donation. The only other catches with the 1.24% rate is that you have to have an ongoing direct deposit for the loan term, which has to be 65 months or less.

Reactions: PatrickTM
if you qualify for the 1.24 (1.99 - 0.5 for direct deposit - 0.25 for EV) it’s a 65 months from DCU. But Tesla offers 60 or 72 months and nothing in

email to [email protected] and they’ll adjust you down. and since you’re approval from DCU is 65, they’ll bump that number to 72

Then you don’t need to use DCUs direct deposit at all.

I kept them, though, and refinanced my wife’s bolt at 1.24 while we were at it.

if you qualify for the 1.24 (1.99 - 0.5 for direct deposit - 0.25 for EV) it’s a 65 months from DCU. But Tesla offers 60 or 72 months and nothing in

email to [email protected] and they’ll adjust you down. and since you’re approval from DCU is 65, they’ll bump that number to 72

Then you don’t need to use DCUs direct deposit at all.

I kept them, though, and refinanced my wife’s bolt at 1.24 while we were at it.
I might prefer to do that but I read a lot of people were denied 1.24 from Tesla related banks. I guess I'll try that when I'm closer to the delivery date. Also, someone mentioned that direct deposit is not a hard requirement as long as you deposit money into your DCU every month - could be regular ACH as well. Not sure how accurate that is as DCU specifically asks for direct deposit

Reactions: Emmadiane
And also if the installation cause a fire and destroys your house, all that because you know.. you might not have done it properly, your insurance company won’t pay for the damages. And I know what I’m talking about, I work for one. So really, are you willing to take such a big risk just to save a couple of grand?
And thus is why I choose an electrician friend of mine to install my Chargepoint, hard install breaker to existing box and hard wire to outside of house. Install breaker, fish cable through floor to "crawl space" run cable beneath crawl space 35', drlll hole through foundation and feed cable out, install outside hook up. Permit and inspection included (NY) for my peace of mind against any future problems that might include my homeowners insurance ($2800 total). I also checked with another electric outfit familiar with my home arangement (craw space and all), he said that price is about right.

Reactions: rmack
I might prefer to do that but I read a lot of people were denied 1.24 from Tesla related banks. I guess I'll try that when I'm closer to the delivery date. Also, someone mentioned that direct deposit is not a hard requirement as long as you deposit money into your DCU every month - could be regular ACH as well. Not sure how accurate that is as DCU specifically asks for direct deposit
Another benefit of DCU is that they will provide a loan for 100% of the car cost, including taxes. Whereas Tesla will not. That may or may not be relevant for you.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I am amazed that I still haven’t seen any July estimates. I know about the end of quarter push, but even people who ordered within the past week are getting June estimates.

When do you estimate the July estimates will start showing up?
I ordered last week and there is still no estimate at all. I think the only recent orders getting June estimates are the performance models. I’m mentally preparing to see August once the estimate shows up!

I ordered last week and there is still no estimate at all. I think the only recent orders getting June estimates are the performance models. I’m mentally preparing to see August once the estimate shows up!
Yeah I ordered a LR on 5/13 and I haven’t seen any specific dates yet. Mine just keeps alternating between 5 - 11 weeks and nothing. I’m hoping for July but based on how long some people have been waiting I wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t get mine until August or even September at this point. Unfortunately I already did my financing. If I had realized things were this backed up I would have waited.

Starting week 2 of the “5-9 weeks” timing. Changing the subject to something not so depressing, what vehicle is everyone trading or selling for the Model Y. I’ll go first. I’m finally upgrading from a 2006 Honda Civic. No fancy dash screen and everything is manual buttons. Also manual transmission. Feel like I’m coming out of the Stone Age.
2018 Chevy Traverse. Lease ending next month. Just put the deposit down on 5/12 so not very hopeful that I’ll get the MY I’m time by lease end. Will probably have to extend the lease if I don’t get it by end of June. But checked the trade in value at Carmax, Vroom end Carvana and got some decent quotes so will likely sell for about 2-3K above the payoff.

Yeah I ordered a LR on 5/13 and I haven’t seen any specific dates yet. Mine just keeps alternating between 5 - 11 weeks and nothing. I’m hoping for July but based on how long some people have been waiting I wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t get mine until August or even September at this point. Unfortunately I already did my financing. If I had realized things were this backed up I would have waited.
I ordered 5/12 and the Tesla rep I spoke with prior to ordering said delivery likely in September so yeah it might be a wait.

Reactions: Emmadiane