Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a message from my SA in Honolulu about my MY delivery. He said there are no updates and that they are still looking at the time frame (June 5-June 22) for delivery shipment to Oahu, and then the shipment to the Big Island. He said he’s going to let me know ASAP when my vehicle is built.
Thought my car was already built. It was ordered on 4/11. He didn’t bring up anything about what some of us have been obsessing over in the threads. I hope my vehicle gets here during the estimated delivery time. This process has been frustrating, but I’m certain that frustration will disappear once I get my long awaited Tesla. It can’t get here soon enough.

Just got a message from my SA in Honolulu about my MY delivery. He said there are no updates and that they are still looking at the time frame (June 5-June 22) for delivery shipment to Oahu, and then the shipment to the Big Island. He said he’s going to let me know ASAP when my vehicle is built.
Thought my car was already built. It was ordered on 4/11. He didn’t bring up anything about what some of us have been obsessing over in the threads. I hope my vehicle gets here during the estimated delivery time. This process has been frustrating, but I’m certain that frustration will disappear once I get my long awaited Tesla. It can’t get here soon enough.
How long does it usually take from Cali to Hawaii on a boat?

Reactions: Collette
My SA said it can take a week or less from California. Then from Honolulu to my island where I live it will take a couple of days for processing the vehicle. I can then pick it up from my designated port. Hopefully, I will be in possession of it when it arrives within a week and a half to two weeks from time of shipment to my final destination. Fingers crossed.

• Helpful
Reactions: 63AMG
ha same, mostly. But she really wants the head snap when you hit the accelerator, and was adamant that it would have that, even though we did not go with the performance-as tested.

Ive explained at least 20 times 4.8 seconds to 60(tested to 4.4) is ridiculously fast already for the LR Y. 3.6 or whatever for the P is just stupid fast. SO went for a ride in the Jetta (@ 9.2 seconds) and FLOORED it. Then reminded her one of my favorite cars of ALL time that shes ridden in is the subaru wrx sti which is +6 seconds! . She understands the speed now.

Don’t know how common this knowledge is but I just recently learned that Tesla advertises Performance models’ 0-60 times with rollout and for LR models publishes normal straight up 0-60 time. So actual difference between the 2 models 0-60 is actually less than advertised. I plan on paying $2k for performance boost and that’ll bring me pretty close to P model level.

Don’t know how common this knowledge is but I just recently learned that Tesla advertises Performance models’ 0-60 times with rollout and for LR models publishes normal straight up 0-60 time. So actual difference between the 2 models 0-60 is actually less than advertised. I plan on paying $2k for performance boost and that’ll bring me pretty close to P model level.
wow, is this true!? I plan on the 2k upgrade as well

Thanks "BigDog"

Schaumburg folks sounds way more helpful than the folks here in the city... Will be interested to see/hear if that call ever comes.
Unfortunately the call never came. I called back, hit #4, and left a message to call me tomorrow. Meanwhile I can’t access my account (like the recording told me to do😛) and the Tesla App won’t let me log in either. I’m calling today the Tesla trifecta as far as getting info on my car is concerned.

• Helpful
Reactions: MrsV and IAmCrispy
What am I missing about these headlights? Are they really this great? Or do the old ones just suck?
As one who is admittedly interested in the new lights, or the newer-new lights, I'll still tell you that the old ones are fine, many say very good. Not best in class, though some people might argue because they haven't experienced topnotch headlights (talking topnotch projectors of the last 10-15 years, not necessarily thd latest active-matrix types).

A big issue is that the new or newer-new lights, if they are really active-matrix (this is unclear ATM), will not even be fully functional in the USA until the gummint gets around to allowing that.

So based on your ask, I'd say forget it and just get the car. I care, but I'll take the car I just ordered if nothing changes by the time Tesla delivers.

Reactions: Mourron
Unfortunately the call never came. I called back, hit #4, and left a message to call me tomorrow. Meanwhile I can’t access my account (like the recording told me to do😛) and the Tesla App won’t let me log in either. I’m calling today the Tesla trifecta as far as getting info on my car is concerned.
I called Schaumburg this afternoon and they said hold tight while the updates perform over the weekend. Hoping for an update early next week.

I called Schaumburg this afternoon and they said hold tight while the updates perform over the weekend. Hoping for an update early next week.
Well this is going to be the longest weekend ever. Don't usually say that...

I don't even care if I don't get my VIN for another two weeks; I WANT SOMEONE IN HERE TO GET ONE (180xxx+ plz 😆)

I wonder if it'll be an easy replacement in case we want to do it later this year...
I hope so! I'd be surprised if the LR and performance Model Ys vary in the headlight wiring or connection points. My guess is that they just can't source enough of the new headlights to put into all Model 3s and Ys, so they put it into the 3s and the performance Y.

Reactions: AlKreischer
My SA said it can take a week or less from California. Then from Honolulu to my island where I live it will take a couple of days for processing the vehicle. I can then pick it up from my designated port. Hopefully, I will be in possession of it when it arrives within a week and a half to two weeks from time of shipment to my final destination. Fingers crossed.
Do you think they ship it in a closed container? Typically that costs extra. I wondered about that. Former Kaneohe girl here 🤙

wow, is this true!? I plan on the 2k upgrade as well
Yep, if you click "Feature Details" on the order page the 0-60 for the performance shown on the popup has "*With first foot of rollout subtracted.".

I saw it calculated before - forget the exact number - but believe the true 0-60 is around ~3.8. Still a decent difference, but closer than it seems.

Reactions: dsandhu
I have the boost upgrade on our M3 and love it. I tried the boost on a test driven MY and, while I wasn’t too impressed with the 0-60 from stop, pick up when passing was noticeably quicker than on the M3. I plan on upgrading to the boost on the MY whenever I receive it.
I have the boost upgrade on our M3 and love it. I tried the boost on a test driven MY and, while I wasn’t too impressed with the 0-60 from stop, pick up when passing was noticeably quicker than on the M3. I plan on upgrading to the boost on the MY whenever I receive it.
what’s that cost and what does it do?