Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t know how common this knowledge is but I just recently learned that Tesla advertises Performance models’ 0-60 times with rollout and for LR models publishes normal straight up 0-60 time. So actual difference between the 2 models 0-60 is actually less than advertised. I plan on paying $2k for performance boost and that’ll bring me pretty close to P model level.
I have read this a few times too, and confirmed by MotorTrend:

"Zero to 60 mph in just 3.7 seconds for the Performance and 4.6 seconds for the Long Range."

2020 Tesla Model Y Dual Motor Long Range Tested: It's the "Slow" One

EDIT: MotorTrend also "rented" someone's Model Y and instrumentation recorded a 4.1-second 0-60. I am guessing the rental had the Acceleration Boost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emmadiane
So I was curious about something so here is a little snippet of a convo I had with Tesla chat today... After telling me this, he cannot tell me why the new Model Y's arriving today still don't have the new headlights. He says to talk to your Service Advisor once you get your VIN so he can go over the features, which is basically Tesla speak for we don't have a stinking' clue, you get what you get lol

View attachment 664739
Funny I got the same answer a week ago with Tesla chat tool. I have really low hopes though.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2021-05-06 à 18.58.26.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2021-05-06 à 18.58.26.png
    23 KB · Views: 55
  • Capture d’écran, le 2021-05-06 à 18.58.33.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2021-05-06 à 18.58.33.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Capture d’écran, le 2021-05-06 à 18.58.41.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2021-05-06 à 18.58.41.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Traffic_Cone
I don't know 100% for sure, but from what I've seen, no it doesn't impact range. I believe it adds a new drive mode. So in that mode range is probably reduced, but in Chill (or whatever it's called) range I think is the same.
Do you know if this boost will reduce the range?
I believe the Performance models actually have a different motor type at least in the rear and maybe up front aswell. That’s one of the main reasons that range is lower on performance models.

• Helpful
Reactions: impatientguy
I don't know 100% for sure, but from what I've seen, no it doesn't impact range. I believe it adds a new drive mode. So in that mode range is probably reduced, but in Chill (or whatever it's called) range I think is the same.
It adds another mode called Sport. The range difference will depend on how much lead is in your foot.

I believe the Performance models actually have a different motor type at least in the rear and maybe up front aswell. That’s one of the main reasons that range is lower on performance models.
Interesting, didn't know that. I heard the wheels on the performance are heavier and less aerodynamic, which has been shown to contribute to some of the reduced range.

Do you think they ship it in a closed container? Typically that costs extra. I wondered about that. Former Kaneohe girl here 🤙
Aloha Soosh! My SA didn't mention any extra costs other than shipping it from Oahu to the Big Island via shipping vessels they use like Matson or Pasha. That will cost me approx $900. I had my BMW X3 shipped from Alabama to California via Matson in a container, so maybe it's the same way with the MY. I'm so ready for it to get here!

Reactions: Soosh