Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, didn't know that. I heard the wheels on the performance are heavier and less aerodynamic, which has been shown to contribute to some of the reduced range.
Don’t take my word for sure on this but I believe this is what I have read and been told. This is one of the reasons that you actually can’t get the LR upgraded to do the same 0-60 as the performance. I think you are also correct that the 20” Überturbine’s decrease your range somewhat.

Do you know if this boost will reduce the range?
The answer so far as I have read is no. Only if you have a lead foot. Otherwise driving dynamics are the same with normal daily throttle use.

I do wish they DID add a new drive mode but alas they change Standard to Sport and you are left with only two. Chill and Sport. Standard is removed.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: impatientguy
At this point I’m inclined to think the dates on the website are meaningless and only serve to have entertainment value for us. I suspect what’ll happen is that this magical hardware/firmware update will go out and suddenly a wave of people will get “your order is ready for pickup” messages.

the hard part is we don’t know if that wave will happen on 5/24 or 6/24 😅

Aloha Soosh! My SA didn't mention any extra costs other than shipping it from Oahu to the Big Island via shipping vessels they use like Matson or Pasha. That will cost me approx $900. I had my BMW X3 shipped from Alabama to California via Matson in a container, so maybe it's the same way with the MY. I'm so ready for it to get here!
I actually looked into where/how car “destination charges” come in to play and I learned that their priced to average the cost for all deliveries. So even though it costs significantly less than $1200 to ship it to my house which is 30 miles from the Tesla factory, it’s significantly more to ship it to you in Hawaii. We average each other out.

Reactions: Soosh and Collette
I actually looked into where/how car “destination charges” come in to play and I learned that their priced to average the cost for all deliveries. So even though it costs significantly less than $1200 to ship it to my house which is 30 miles from the Tesla factory, it’s significantly more to ship it to you in Hawaii. We average each other out.
Ahh. Interesting. The destination charges don't include the additional amount I have to pay to have it shipped from Honolulu to where I live on the Big Island. That's the fee from CA to Oahu (where the Tesla dealership is). If I lived on Oahu I wouldn't have to pay the additional $900+ to have it shipped to my island. I would just drive there and pick it up, but since that's not an option, I have to have it shipped to my island. That's the way it is when you don't have a Tesla dealership where you live (ugh). It sucks, but it's the only way I can get it :(

Reactions: fender4645
ha same, mostly. But she really wants the head snap when you hit the accelerator, and was adamant that it would have that, even though we did not go with the performance-as tested.

Ive explained at least 20 times 4.8 seconds to 60(tested to 4.4) is ridiculously fast already for the LR Y. 3.6 or whatever for the P is just stupid fast. SO went for a ride in the Jetta (@ 9.2 seconds) and FLOORED it. Then reminded her one of my favorite cars of ALL time that shes ridden in is the subaru wrx sti which is +6 seconds! . She understands the speed now.

+6 second STi seems slow. My 2016 was easily under 5 stock.
Yeah a stock STI does it in 4.7 secs. I had an 06 in blue, kinda miss it sometimes.

Is .6 seconds worth 2k$ ???

I am sure we can all find justification for every decision we make in life. I won’t begrudge anyone (and not that you are either, @JETsDad) for paying for AB. I’ve considered buying it but figure I can also take my family on a 1-week vacation to Cancun for $2K.

AB brings me closer to the 4.0-sec time of our Model S (and sometimes I wish the S was even faster), but I think 4.8 sec will be just fine from the Y. I have different expectations for the Y.

Aloha Soosh! My SA didn't mention any extra costs other than shipping it from Oahu to the Big Island via shipping vessels they use like Matson or Pasha. That will cost me approx $900. I had my BMW X3 shipped from Alabama to California via Matson in a container, so maybe it's the same way with the MY. I'm so ready for it to get here!
Hopefully you get yours soon!

Reactions: Collette
I decided to let the great and powerful OZ decide.I was torn between White and MSM.

White order 4/12 est 6-10 weeks
MSM order 5/21 est 4-6 weeks

If any reliable dates start appearing, I’ll pick. If it’s within 2 weeks, I’ll prob go MSM.

Attachments

• 6EC84A08-514B-4BF4-B402-830B9338F3F3.jpeg
    6EC84A08-514B-4BF4-B402-830B9338F3F3.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 59
Is .6 seconds worth 2k$ ???

To some people, absolutely. Non-EV owners often spend much more than $2000 for a 0.6-second improvement.

Yep, all relative to the person. Plenty spend a lot more time and money for the same in an ICE. It's also a lot more worth it to me than spending $10k more for the performance.

Also, I bought early April; the cost of the LR has gone up by $2k since then. So in a way, I'll have a faster car for the same price 😜