Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dates jumped forward a day sooner this morning. Something's in the air...

Test drove a Model Y yesterday to test out my home charger. It was finishing an update as I got in, and there was another update ready for it when I started driving. Probably unrelated but still, interesting.

View attachment 665262
The flatline continues on mine. Still at 5-9 weeks from order, and tomorrow marks 5 weeks.
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 12.32.09 PM.png

I personally got a 1.94% for 60 thru NFCU. A 1% drop in interest rate really isn’t gonna make that much difference for me, however, that might be a huge drop for someone at a 3% for 60 mo if they can get that .98%
How'd you get that rate from NFCU? Their current rate for 60 months is 2.29%. In reality, it only makes a $2 / month difference to me to try to get a rate match from Tesla from 2.49% to 1.99% to match PenFed. If I'm bored next week, I'll contact my SA and see what can be done with Chase (Tesla.). I was originally going to pay cash, but the SA / store manager really encouraged my to apply, so I guess getting Tesla-arranged financing is either a performance metric, or a bonus for the SA / manager. In traditional dealer financing, the finance guy gets a cut from the application fee, and the dealer gets points.

Reactions: Collette
I had Tesla rep call me yesterday saying they matched me. No vin yet . Ordered 04/04
This has me hopeful. I ordered before you on 4/1 with delivery to cedar springs SC. Got a call yesterday saying they are not doing deliveries in store but will deliver to home. My home is ~30 miles away so they must have a ton of deliveries soon and know they can't do them all at the SC.

No VIN though, no match either. Gave them a bit of an earful since my estimated time from order is up really soon and, per the sales person promising to hit those dates, I sold my car. Now down to one car, newborn infant, and two working parents with the SC telling me it would be end of June delivery. Wouldn't say anything more than canned statements. Also learned, never order first of quarter, just wait until the end and get the same delivery times.

There are no new features unique to the Y or 3 coming. It’s just the firmware issue. I am, of course, excluding the known features like console, door insert (at some point), headlights, etc.

June will be a big delivery month. Bigger than usual Q2. Hopefully, that doesn’t mean worse quality since production’s been going along as normal.

For those in Chicago following along at home. They somehow figured out a way to jam even more Y's into the lot on Grand. MFG dates of everything are between 4/29ish and 5/15ish.

Snapped a picture of the headlights on one of the Ys with a 5/15 date... I wouldn't know if it's a "new" headlight or not (don't know what the new thing is or why I should even care but for those that do, have at it.)

Still wishing that I had the rosetta stone on the colored dots... each car has a different arrangement, color set, etc. They clearly mean something.

Let the speculation begin... LOL

IMG_1201.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 51
For those in Chicago following along at home. They somehow figured out a way to jam even more Y's into the lot on Grand. MFG dates of everything are between 4/29ish and 5/15ish.

Snapped a picture of the headlights on one of the Ys with a 5/15 date... I wouldn't know if it's a "new" headlight or not (don't know what the new thing is or why I should even care but for those that do, have at it.)

Still wishing that I had the rosetta stone on the colored dots... each car has a different arrangement, color set, etc. They clearly mean something.

View attachment 665327
I was told new headlights only on the Performance Y.

Reactions: blangles

View attachment 665327

That is still the old headlights. New headlights have a projector housing.

We all are anxious to get our hands on the order we placed also, have heard some rumors about the firmware/microchip problem/shortage and for sure Mr. Musk is keeping everyone in dark but, the real question is:
Would you trust 100% in the available or upcoming FIX or you will fear your model Y to break down at any time?
At this early point, there are few reported breakdown problems circling around on the recent deliveries which buyers were offered a few hundred dollars credit to shop on Tesla's store.
I’m not really worried, maybe I’m naive, but they’re not just going to let thousands of vehicles go unfixed. If it’s software issue like it seems it is, software can always be fixed.