Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those in Chicago following along at home. They somehow figured out a way to jam even more Y's into the lot on Grand. MFG dates of everything are between 4/29ish and 5/15ish.

Snapped a picture of the headlights on one of the Ys with a 5/15 date... I wouldn't know if it's a "new" headlight or not (don't know what the new thing is or why I should even care but for those that do, have at it.)

Still wishing that I had the rosetta stone on the colored dots... each car has a different arrangement, color set, etc. They clearly mean something.

Let the speculation begin... LOL
Holy funhouse Batman! Look at the body panels of that black ModelX (?)in your 4th picture. Yikes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ownerinwaiting
I just saw the notice that my Tesla Y delivery is on hold until June 21, 2021. I am one of those who
converted a RWD (ordered 1/1/2020) to AWD (order change 5/7/2021). I had placed a
hold until Sept for personal reasons. I was notified about three weeks ago that if I did not
accept delivery in June my original pricing for FSD would not be honored. So I told them I am ready to
pick my car up at the Fremont plant on June 26. I guess this is why the my delivery is hold. Anyone
else have a hold on delivery appear in their Tesla account?

Last edited:
I just saw the notice that my Tesla Y delivery is on hold until June 21, 2021. I am one of those who
converted an RWD (ordered 1/1/2020) to AWD (order changed and logged 5/7/2021). I had placed a
hold until Sept for personal reasons. I was notified about three weeks ago that if I did not
accept delivery in June my original pricing for FSD would not be honored. So I told them I am ready to
pick my car up at the Fremont plant on June 26.
Yeah, demand for these cars is so crazy high they don't need to cater to any individual needs or circumstances. It is a sellers market. Hope you get yours soon. I know folks who locked in like myself in late March and early April who are still waiting with no word and no VIN.

My wife and I drove by the Raleigh SC this morning. There were probably 15-20 cars spread out over the lot that looked ready to deliver. There were 3 Model Ys MSM with blk (5 seat models) that matched our order. Here's hoping one has our name on it but probably not. We ordered 4/08. Also we both noticed how great the fit and finish were on all of them. Panel gaps seemed perfect. Nice to see.

My wife and I drove by the Raleigh SC this morning. There were probably 15-20 cars spread out over the lot that looked ready to deliver. There were 3 Model Ys MSM with blk (5 seat models) that matched our order. Here's hoping one has our name on it but probably not. We ordered 4/08. Also we both noticed how great the fit and finish were on all of them. Panel gaps seemed perfect. Nice to see.
That's my order as well, but I ordered 5/1 so probably not mine.

Reactions: Flightgamer
Still the same "5 to 9 weeks from order date" (am now in the ballpark) and have never had an actual date range (nor a VIN), but I did receive the email from Tesla last week with a link to a Virtual Orientation "because I will soon be picking up my new Tesla". First real contact from the Mother Ship... no real expectations before the end of June... although there IS a sliver of hope.

Your experience with the EDD looks exactly like what I've been dealing with. I ordered 5/8 in Burbank. Dang Tesla needs to make up their minds:p and hopefully they'll get'em rolling out to customers soon. I'm hoping to visit the Burbank location today to talk to my SA about financing and such, also try and sleek a peek and see what they got waiting...
My wife and I just got back from our Burbank Tesla visit. They don't keep much inventory at that location as it is not a large lot. Our SA said they do have a field location where they do store their stock but said nothing about how many MY are there. He also did say that he has been told it's a combination of needing chips and firmware updates that have kept them from delivering a single MY this quarter.
He is very hopeful that we should begin to see deliveries before the end of the quarter not just to keep the customers happy but also the employees only get paid low hourly rate and make their money from cars delivered each quarter. So, if the best selling car Tesla offers doesn't get delivered to customers their quarterly bonus doesn't get paid then they have upset customers and employees....

Just now, while on here catching up on posts I got an email from my SA asking me about financing! She had me fill out a credit app online so everything would be ready when my car came in. (She had previously put that I was buying the car cash while I decided how I wanted to finance.) I guess things are actually happening. Still no VIN but fingers crossed...

Maybe it is the embedded razor blades that are slowing down deliveries
20210523_125803.jpg

My wife and I just got back from our Burbank Tesla visit. They don't keep much inventory at that location as it is not a large lot. Our SA said they do have a field location where they do store their stock but said nothing about how many MY are there. He also did say that he has been told it's a combination of needing chips and firmware updates that have kept them from delivering a single MY this quarter.
He is very hopeful that we should begin to see deliveries before the end of the quarter not just to keep the customers happy but also the employees only get paid low hourly rate and make their money from cars delivered each quarter. So, if the best selling car Tesla offers doesn't get delivered to customers their quarterly bonus doesn't get paid then they have upset customers and employees....
Whenever I see this promise made by an SA it feels like the door is being left open for July deliveries even for people who ordered in early April. 🥴

Reactions: SeriousBadger
Oh my.. I hope it’s just the update and not both… Tbh I feel like the ones missing the chip haven’t been manufactured, or would the SCs be able to install a chip?

I texted my Seattle SA this morning. Last week I was told that my car was set to be produced on 5/22 with a VIN assigned shortly after. I also asked about the firmware update. Here is what she said.

"I do not see a VIN yet but as of right now it looks like you should be assigned one in the next couple of days. I do not believe that your order was affected by the containment hold for firmware update"

This makes me wonder why some cars are affected by the firmware update when others might not be...