Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another NY guy here. Ordered 4/17 MYLR, 5 seats, white. Delivery date was pushed a few days ago to June 16-30 (no VIN assigned yet). I really hope I can get the car before the end of June so I can claim the NY EV rebate.

BTW, I checked the insurance costs for Tesla, and the prices seems extremely high ($400-500/month). Is anyone from the NYC area can share potential insurance costs? I know that it is very subjective, but a range would be great (I'm over 30 with no prior accidents; hadn't owned a car for a while now as I live in the city).

Thanks and hope to see some VINs assigned this weeks!
I am currently with Esurance with 100/300K and $500 deductible. I am quoted for $279 / month. I did a quote with progressive and Liberty they, progressive can back with $223 / month and Liberty was $253 / month.

I just visited the service center in Houston they had 6 Y's getting prepped for delivery. Said they had a few at the storage lot and bring them over when ready to deliver, wouldn't tell me where the lot was. Also said the firmware update was for some new features of the car. I don't know. Also was told if I don't get my VIN by Friday call back, so who knows. Just sharing my latest experience.

I just visited the service center in Houston they had 6 Y's getting prepped for delivery. Said they had a few at the storage lot and bring them over when ready to deliver, wouldn't tell me where the lot was. Also said the firmware update was for some new features of the car. I don't know. Also was told if I don't get my VIN by Friday call back, so who knows. Just sharing my latest experience.
Sadly, I have gotten a lot of "by end of week" responses for the last few weeks. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much until we start seeing VINs being assigned.

I was by there last week Wednesday at noon. I had to pick up a few things from Staples (next door);
I planned to share some photos, but I couldn’t really tell where the intake lot is located and a lot of employees were eating outside. Didn’t want to snoop unless I knew where to look. If someone can let me know the lot at Springfield I’ll want to look at I can come up with an excuse to head in - maybe I can entice the family with Krispy Kreme (also next to Tesla) if they put up with my shenanigans.

From what I saw across the street there were a lot of what looked like Model 3s. They also seem to store vehicles in the lot behind Staples, but these were older Xs and 3s so I’m guessing it’s a repair overflow lot.

We moved out of NYC recently, and I can tell you that unfortunately that’s just what they charge. You can lower the rate in some conditions, like parking in a garage, but car insurance premiums for NYC take into account the thousands of hit and runs + other problems associated with a dense population. When I shopped a little over two years ago when I entertained the idea of a Tesla in the city I believe $400 was about the average with the lowest being $350ish from Liberty. Mutual. When we moved to NJ the insurance rate (progressive) went from $200 for our 2005 Mercury to $28 a month (Only state minimum though not worth it to put comprehensive on this car 😆). The Model Y quote we got from Progressive with good comprehensive coverage, is $86 a month if we pay in full for 6 months at a time. Both wife and I have clean records. Moral of the story, everything in NYC is unnecessarily pricy. Except of course the energizing atmosphere; we really miss that.
I was also at Springfield last Wednesday at Noon! We must have been there at the same time. See my prior message mid last week for pics. We will check out that Staples overflow lot next visit... the rear lot of their SC was very low on new MY storage during our last two visits. The other lot on Diamond road is not Tesla. If you know where the intake lot is located, we will go there this week and take pics. That whole area of Route 22 a traffic mess and so far, we are not able to find the intake lot like at Princeton or Paramus (both on the very nearby local mall area). We usually go at least once per week to maintain continuity with them, and to sit in a new MY. Like any sales process, being heard and seen is part of success.

Insurance: Suggest that NJ drivers Do NOT buy coverage without comprehensive... collision is different. In NJ, comprehensive is just a few bucks per year added cost, collision is a lot of $$. In basic terms, comprehensive covers you when a deer runs into your car... collision when you run into another object like a guardrail.

Perhaps if in NJ, you may try NJM, better coverage and we have used them for over 30 years with no problems.

Which service center?

Has anybody heard anything new about Tesla’s in house insurance? Is this going to become a thing?

That is only available if you are in CA.

Besides, Tesla insurance quoted me higher than what my currents rates are with Farmers…probably because of bundle discounts with Farmers and Tesla is only providing auto coverage.

Reactions: lalalaker
Got this from my SA today, unprompted (she’s been pretty great):

Attachments

• AD15B228-C0D7-4532-AA93-B99410987959.jpeg
    AD15B228-C0D7-4532-AA93-B99410987959.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 62788AC4-4906-46FD-A8B4-12A450800BBC.jpeg
    62788AC4-4906-46FD-A8B4-12A450800BBC.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 595DDF91-360C-4180-96E0-91049FBA3114.jpeg
    595DDF91-360C-4180-96E0-91049FBA3114.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 56
Besides, Tesla insurance quoted me higher than what my currents rates are with Farmers…probably because of bundle discounts with Farmers and Tesla is only providing auto coverage.
Agreed.

For State Farm - I was quoted for $133/Month (100k/300k, $500 deductible)

I called Tesla and was quoted for $180/Month (100/300k, $500 deductible).

I guess the Bundle Discounts are underrated!