Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also looked at the source code and found something interesting. In the function they have this parameter -
View attachment 665958

I am wondering if that is because I had contacted my SA to make changes on my order. Because isFromAdminTool is set to true. Not sure if the users who are not seeing the dates have the same thing and that would mean the SA might have played around with the order and that is causing these issues.

My SA keeps on telling me that everything is fine on the tool he sees and I should have a date in few days.

I work in IT industry and am just amazed on how poorly this website seems to be architectured.
I too am a software engineer, granted I stopped build websites since I moved to the BigData world 6 years ago. Looking at the source code, I can see that all of Tesla.com is running at least two Drupal 8 instances (released in November 2015). I think the order summary page database is not optimized for the large number of reservations Tesla currently have. I am sure that web page was fast when the page first launched in 2015, but I think the current page is being being replaced hence why there are running an ancient version of Drupal.

I’ve never seen the black insurance card sample before (I ordered in March). It’s previously only been the text and the blue button. Just popped up this morning.

91109844-5220-4B63-A574-E54908ED4D33.jpeg

I just renewed my Trade In offer, and it remained the same as before, even though the F-150 has 4K more miles (big month at work, lol.). There is a demand for F-150s, which makes me *want* to sell it third party, but the indefinite delivery date makes the cost of a rental risky. Tesla beat Carvana, but the third party market valuation is a few thousand more. The tax benefit of trading in my state does mitigate the difference somewhat.

Reactions: Emmadiane
I just renewed my Trade In offer, and it remained the same as before, even though the F-150 has 4K more miles (big month at work, lol.). There is a demand for F-150s, which makes me *want* to sell it third party, but the indefinite delivery date makes the cost of a rental risky. Tesla beat Carvana, but the third party market valuation is a few thousand more. The tax benefit of trading in my state does mitigate the difference somewhat.
I sold my F-150 to carmax 6 weeks ago in anticipation of getting MY. They gave me $40k for a 2015 platinum with 50k miles. Demand is crazy for used F-150's now. I had a friend actually get offered (by Ford) more than he paid for a 1 year old F150.

Reactions: nabsher
I too am a software engineer, granted I stopped build websites since I moved to the BigData world 6 years ago. Looking at the source code, I can see that all of Tesla.com is running at least two Drupal 8 instances (released in November 2015). I think the order summary page database is not optimized for the large number of reservations Tesla currently have. I am sure that web page was fast when the page first launched in 2015, but I think the current page is being being replaced hence why there are running an ancient version of Drupal.
Tesla has been running Drupal for their web stuff since shortly after the site was launched. Drupal 8 is not ancient though and is the current major version of Drupal. Drupal 9, which came out of beta middle of last year is certainly newer but wouldn't offer any performance or stability benefits to the current site. Its actually a cursory upgrade only offering deprecation support in its first release. Teslas Drupal implementation, particularly on the customer portal side is likely significantly custom with some deep integrations into their production software.

But the point I want to make is that Drupal 8 is not ancient really and is currently powering sites for brands much larger than Tesla and with significantly higher traffic volumes. But back to the topic at hand I'm new here, in Ohio and ordered a week or so ago an MY LR Blue with White interior.

My SA just reached out asking if I had home charging set up yet while I prepare for delivery. Ordered on 4/8, so told him I've had home charging ready for awhile, just need the car. I've been stuck on 6-10 weeks as the range for about a week and a half now, so not sure when to expect something to change.

I'd take a look at the spreadsheet in this forum and see how March orders have shaken out. I've not seen any March orders from before 3/20 (excluding 7-seaters or Standard Range vehicles) that are still waiting to take delivery. However, demand is MUCH higher this quarter so it might be a toss up. You may have to hope to get a cancellation car. Still, if not, it's still very possible you can find a car in the intervening months before Sept.
I ordered March 17th.

My SA just reached out asking if I had home charging set up yet while I prepare for delivery. Ordered on 4/8, so told him I've had home charging ready for awhile, just need the car. I've been stuck on 6-10 weeks as the range for about a week and a half now, so not sure when to expect something to change.

yep.

ive installed the charge outlet, bought mudflaps, storage tray, USB stick, and PPF for the door. just need a car to use it all. LOL

Reactions: Ryan_GdM