Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What? From whom? When did he order?
I don’t what this text is. I placed an order May 9th for MY LR 7 seater black and have not received any such texts, only an email confirmation of order placed. No additional email communications from Tesla with VIN etc as of yet.

My friend who got the text hasn’t placed an order yet but has inquired into doing so. I am not sure but believe he’s created a profile but has not placed an order with $100 deposit yet. I think he did test drive a Y at a different center than I and is considering placing his order this week. He got the text this morning. I just cut and pasted the text as he received it only adding the open and closed quotation marks. Could be from the Tesla local center if not Tesla Corp following up.
I have been told by local SA that Tesla production and inventory is sold out for the quarter which makes sense as there are no vehicles in the system when you click search existing inventory to buy in place of building. As we know, Tesla sells what they have been producing. Local SA suggested that Tesla is almost sold through its production capacity for Q3 as well. Glad Tesla continues to grow.

Agree! I've reached out to my Raleigh rep a few times and never heard anything back. I stopped by just a few days ago and they said my car hadn't been built and I would likely get it the end of June (I ordered 4/6). I got my VIN tonight and matched it to a car I saw when I was there (I snapped a few pics of possible matches). Can't wait to pick it up (if I can get a hold of anyone to let me get it). :)
I know our MSM MY is sitting right now in Raleigh VIN match but no one answers the phone. Have not been contacted by txt, etc. If I can't reach anyone by midday I think I'm moving to the "juststartshowingupinperson" phase. Haven't heard from our SA once since I bought it. Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING. ttyl

Reactions: jfort
Pour faire court, oui ! tu peux acheter une voiture aux us avec ton permis français. Sorry got exited to find another french citizen on this forum 😂. So I’ll translate for non french speakers here (like 99% of the members)
Yeah you can buy a car with certain international driving licenses, and french is one of them. However they’ll ask for your social security number to check your credit history. So no you don’t have to wait for your new one.
Merci :)

Now comes the funny part: social security made a mistake on my family name, so my SSN doesn't match my name...
It's been a major annoyance since my arrival because most companies requiring SSN check if people aren't providing a stolen one by comparing your foreign ID and your SSN.
Concretely, that means I'm not building credit history, I couldn't get a loan for the car, and even opening a mobile line has been a pain in the neck.

Anyhow, I'm paying cash, so that solves that, and my SSN exists which should be sufficient to register the vehicle.

As for fixing the underlying issue, I got an appointment in July at my local social security center, only 6 months after being issued a wrong one. Amazing...

Sorry for ranting :D

Reactions: DavdOrtz