Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So. Is there another way to speak to an SA that's not yours? Mine is ghosting me but I don't want to get my burger spit on if you know what I mean. I don't want to complain about her and then get boned on my delivery because I circumvented her. The reps in the chat only know how to congratulate you on your 8 week old order and give you general canned gibberish.
Curious about the same thing.

• Funny
Reactions: bigdaddyreg
I hear you but I think if this wasn't a step in the right direction, they would release it like this. I think the "Auto steer" limiting at 75 mph will most likely be temporary. I'm a little excited to see where this goes but this is just my view..
Agreed. Elon has talked about the move away from radar for a couple of years now. It was inevitable and in my opinion, not needed. A lot of the phantom breaking comes from the dumb ass radar.

For those of you with Blue 7 seaters, possibly with hitch...

if our SA is to be trusted (and he hasn’t over promised anything, just been pretty moderate in his responses and replies pretty regularly), it appears our build has not been built yet though the production schedule is showing a tentative ETA (in Vancouver, Canada) of June 8.

Part of his response below:
“Model Y’s are built in batches and then get matched to customers as they start to roll out of the factory. So as of now, there is no car matched to your order and thus no way to check when it was built. Once it gets assigned, though, we will be able to check that for you. So if others are getting cars before you, could just be that the production schedule favoured their build this time around, but not that we’ve skipped your position in queue.

Delivery window is still set for May 29-June 18, with a vehicle ETA of June 8th. This is based on production planning, so not 100% firm, but a very good indication of what we can expect.

Please trust that we want your car to arrive and delivery just as much as you do. Emotional aspects aside, we technically don’t have a sale until you take delivery of this car, so we would be foolish to hold on to any sellable/deliverable inventory. Plus, of course, we’re all crazy passionate about getting more Tesla’s on the road 😊

Some data from the spreadsheet. This takes from all the people who have posted VINs from this week during this big rush. I'd estimate at least 25-50 more people have not updated their VIN/Delivery Data.

1622058344567.png

1622058445129.png

1622058388485.png

1622058411228.png

Attachments

• 1622058363883.png
    1622058363883.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
They're also working on using LIDAR next:

tesla-model-y-luminar-lidar

No, they use LIDAR to help work through changes to their vision systems, and confirm training of their vision deep learning. That is what is happening there. It's likely Luminar is trying to win a contract with Tesla for that purpose which is where this story has come from.

For those of you with Blue 7 seaters, possibly with hitch...

if our SA is to be trusted (and he hasn’t over promised anything, just been pretty moderate in his responses and replies pretty regularly), it appears our build has not been built yet though the production schedule is showing a tentative ETA (in Vancouver, Canada) of June 8.

Part of his response below:
“Model Y’s are built in batches and then get matched to customers as they start to roll out of the factory. So as of now, there is no car matched to your order and thus no way to check when it was built. Once it gets assigned, though, we will be able to check that for you. So if others are getting cars before you, could just be that the production schedule favoured their build this time around, but not that we’ve skipped your position in queue.

Delivery window is still set for May 29-June 18, with a vehicle ETA of June 8th. This is based on production planning, so not 100% firm, but a very good indication of what we can expect.

Please trust that we want your car to arrive and delivery just as much as you do. Emotional aspects aside, we technically don’t have a sale until you take delivery of this car, so we would be foolish to hold on to any sellable/deliverable inventory. Plus, of course, we’re all crazy passionate about getting more Tesla’s on the road 😊
Pretty sure this is a color thing...they seem to produce them in color batches and Blues don't seem to be coming out yet at all. Seems like those might be a bit later in the production cycle.