Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN on 5/25 in my tesla account, which was surprisingly early. Ordered on 5/12/21 and up until 5/25 my account had said 5-11 weeks, but then updated to delivery 5/25-5/28. Reached out to my SA and he had no clue, said "Sounds like it will be getting pretty close then, we will likely be calling you soon to get you schedule for delivery". Haven't heard from them today (5/26) and they are closed now, not sure if its normal for you to get assigned a VIN and it take several days for them to schedule you for delivery?

MYLR White Black-White Interior Induction wheels no tow

seems like today is not very active day, yesterday a lot of people reported that VIN was received, I think they've finished first batch and probably some time next week will be second
Agreed.

they will want to go by order that people put the deposit down.
But…

everyone needs to agree to new terms. That’s an extra friction point, might take days to resolve…

plus there are more cars in the backlog than they can deliver in one go, I imagine.

So they may well be trying to give the older orders a chance to respond before going to newer orders… I’m guessing.
So hopefully more vins go out soon as they get through this first batch and fill out remaining delivery windows.

Just finished working and now I am 30 pages behind in this thread! 😆

Got a text from Tesla today:

“Your Model Y is ready for delivery! Please reply YES and a Tesla representative will reach out to schedule.“

I replied YES 7 hours ago and have not gotten any other communication. The anticipation is killing me! Hope I can pick it up this week.
Got the call just now. Picking up in Schaumburg tomorrow! Maybe I‘ll see one of my fellow threadmates there!

We have wheels on the ground
4F268125-C669-4C4E-BF48-803EB86EEC69.jpeg

Hello, first post here. I ordered my MYLR (Red/Black/19/5/Tow/FSD) on 4/22. Like many others, I had date ranges for a while, but they dropped back to a generic "6 to 10 weeks after order date". That would put my delivery somewhere in June.

I'm in Cleveland, but for logistical reasons it turns out that it would be easier to pick up my car in Columbus. So this week I wrote to my SA telling him that I would like to change the delivery location, but ONLY if it would not impact my delivery date.

He promptly replied that he would look into it, and he did. He wrote me again about half an hour later to tell me that "You have been assigned to a car that is going to arrive the first week of June." He said that since the car is already being shipped to Cleveland, that VIN could not be redirected to Columbus. So if I switched delivery locations, it very probably would result in a delay, possibly extending beyond June. I told him to leave it alone, I would pick it up here.

I then asked him whether my car would be available for delivery upon arrival, or if there would be a "hold" for a software update. He told me that I would not be affected by that. It applied only to cars that were manufactured before May 20th. That's a bit of news that I had not seen mentioned anywhere else, so perhaps it's noteworthy.

If it's all true (which might be a risky assumption), that would suggest that my car was manufactured and shipped quite recently - within the past 5-6 days.

So far, no VIN appears on my web page, not even in the page source. I asked my SA to let me know as soon as he had a VIN.

I note that several people got better loan rates just by asking, so I sent a message to Tesla asking them to find me a better rate. I'll post when I get a reply. But I have a somewhat related question: Does the balance due have to be paid via ACH? I would far prefer to pay it via a credit card, and in fact I had a credit limit raised on one of my cards to allow me to do so. The balance will be paid from savings either way, but it would be nice to be able to do it at my leisure.