Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And one more question for the group: Tesla directs us to have the Tesla mobile app installed on our phones, so I installed it on mine. But it seems to have very little content. I assume that's because I don't have a VIN yet, but it still seems odd. When I open it, it says "Hi Jim Welcome to the Tesla family. Let's get started with an overview of your model Y features."

But there is no overview that I can find. At the bottom is a button that says "Get Support". If I click it, it opens my browser and takes me to a "Trending Topics" page. There's nothing on that page that is in any way specific to my model. In the upper right are two icons: A treasure chest that lets me share my referral code, and an "X" that signs my out and exits the app.

That's it. There doesn't appear to be anything else in the Tesla app. What am I missing here?

I note that several people got better loan rates just by asking, so I sent a message to Tesla asking them to find me a better rate. I'll post when I get a reply. But I have a somewhat related question: Does the balance due have to be paid via ACH? I would far prefer to pay it via a credit card, and in fact I had a credit limit raised on one of my cards to allow me to do so. The balance will be paid from savings either way, but it would be nice to be able to do it at my leisure.
ACH p
I note that several people got better loan rates just by asking, so I sent a message to Tesla asking them to find me a better rate. I'll post when I get a reply. But I have a somewhat related question: Does the balance due have to be paid via ACH? I would far prefer to pay it via a credit card, and in fact I had a credit limit raised on one of my cards to allow me to do so. The balance will be paid from savings either way, but it would be nice to be able to do it at my leisure.
Has to be via ACH.

And one more question for the group: Tesla directs us to have the Tesla mobile app installed on our phones, so I installed it on mine. But it seems to have very little content. I assume that's because I don't have a VIN yet, but it still seems odd. When I open it, it says "Hi Jim Welcome to the Tesla family. Let's get started with an overview of your model Y features."

But there is no overview that I can find. At the bottom is a button that says "Get Support". If I click it, it opens my browser and takes me to a "Trending Topics" page. There's nothing on that page that is in any way specific to my model. In the upper right are two icons: A treasure chest that lets me share my referral code, and an "X" that signs my out and exits the app.

That's it. There doesn't appear to be anything else in the Tesla app. What am I missing here?
Once you accept delivery, the app will have your MY information in it. For now it won't have anything

your model, actually your car wont appear till you get to the dealership and they do some magic before you walk around your car.

Credit card can only be used to pay the $100 deposit. Nothing else unfortunately. I would love to do the same for the points...but not an option.

who in tesla did you ask about better loan rates? Was that after the loan was accepted and waiting for the car?

My pre-approval with DCU lasted 45 days. Also, DCU gives loans for 100% of the sale price (including tax), Tesla does not. So that's sometimes a consideration for some people.
Hi Sudsington, how do you signup for DCU?
Hi Marisol, I ordered on 4/26 in Texas. I had the same Delivery dates as you for two weeks and changed today to June 8 - June 28.

My baby’s home 😊

Attachments

• B10E74DC-C594-4426-AF6E-5D440141013C.jpeg
    B10E74DC-C594-4426-AF6E-5D440141013C.jpeg
    464.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 4E4FD463-6B5A-4B6A-8AA0-CE0AC8546254.jpeg
    4E4FD463-6B5A-4B6A-8AA0-CE0AC8546254.jpeg
    788.5 KB · Views: 54