Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you talking to a SA at Decatur? Just curious, as that's where I have set to pick up whenever I get a VIN (etc). Today I received a response that was basically "they are building them now", which I'm sure isn't an incorrect answer, they are building cars now. It's just I'm sure most orders from May / early April are built, but I could be wrong, who knows. At least it's nice to see some MYP's in those photos.
They saw a very unpleasant side of me. This is a horrible experience. I hate when they lie to customers.

A month at trade school? You mean 4 years of on the job training then 2-3 months of school each year? Yeah that's simplifying it a whole bunch. Running and terminating a couple wires from point a to point b and calling yourself an electrician is like cutting a log in half and saying your a professional faller.

Do yourself a favor and get permits if you're going to do it yourself. You'd hate to have an electrical fire - even if it's not your fault entirely but your work gets blamed and your insurance gets cancelled. Like I said in a previous post, I've seen no shortage of insanely bad home owner special work done cause they watched a YouTube video (who also didn't do the work properly). Stay safe.
I ended up having a Chargepoint HomeFlex 14-50 outdoor hardwire installation. New breaker installed at box in house, fished wiring down through floor, running cable 35 feet through crawl space, drilling through foundation, installing necessary conduit and house mount. Permit and inspection. All done for $2800 (Chargepoint was $1200). NY installation. I'm 69 and too old to be doing all this crap. Entire install peace of mind, especially for insurance reasons plus not fond of crawling around in crawl space. Checked with another electrician who said that install price is about right.

Reactions: zanoodi and rmack
The lot is completely full here in Austin

Attachments

• 5DB6C086-A002-4C5A-93F3-A74930427E17.jpeg
    5DB6C086-A002-4C5A-93F3-A74930427E17.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 52
Took delivery, no issues or panel gaps, just a really nice car. A few things to know:
The car came with a 128 GB Tesla thumb drive. So unless you want to be like me and now have two, don't buy one from the Tesla store! Haha.
Also the car had protection film already installed on the lower rear , so you don't need to buy that either. I guess I just have a spare from when these get ready beat up...
Good luck out there!

Please let us know about your experience at Mt. Kisco. I have never been there and don't know what to expect on delivery. And of course if you see any blue with white interior Gemini wheel and tow hitch configurations...
So far, have been very pleased with their service. Stopped by a couple weeks ago and front desk SA was very helpful. Got my VIN, called them and again very helpful setting up my date and answering some questions. Again today was contacted by SC to confirm delivery date and answer any last questions I might have had. He said in/out time should be around 30 minutes (we'll see, from all the nightmare pickup youtubers about QC issues, I hope it will be painless. I've seen others report nothing but pleasure with their car after inspection).

Reactions: suprax
Just updated the tracker! I left some comments from things I've learned during this process. Top tips from this experience: 1) Choice of cash/loan/lease didn't seem to affect my EDD. I switched it up twice. 2) Refresh, refresh, refresh that account page..not that I needed to tell any of you that. 😂 I saw VIN there long before a text came through. 3) As soon as you get your VIN, COMPLETE ALL REMAINING STEPS ASAP! They called me a couple hours after to move up my delivery date to tomorrow (Fri) instead of Sun. Lastly, it honestly felt so much longer than 46 days from order to VIN and this site kept me sane throughout the waiting game. So glad I stumbled upon it and had this convo with you for the last 1.5 months! :) Pics to come tomorrow. Stay patient my friends. Your VINs are coming!