Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got off the phone with DCU (after a 2 hour hold time)- they won’t send you anything in writing anymore because too many people were rate matching. You won’t have anything in writing until you upload your purchase agreement and they send you the Docusign. I SO wish I had taken a screenshot of the approval, because they won’t give you anything showing you what your loan approval is once you get past that screen.

I just emailed Tesla rate match anyway, with what the terms are. So we’ll see… Not excited to do business with DCU after this experience.
Is a small bank not allowed to think of its own interests? Big banks screw people all the time. They won’t even give you a good interest rate unless you prove to them that someone else will!

Reactions: cheryltunt
meanwhile in AZ
tenor.gif

Delta community credit is offer a great low interest auto loans. As low as .98%. You have to have good credit at last 720. You use my referral code and get $50 bucks for opening an account.

Do you have to meet one of the qualifications for joining Delta Community or can anyone get an auto loan from them? Meaning I don't have to live in Atlanta or work for one of the list companies?

Ordered on 4/30 a long range Y and called today for a status update. The SA said I'm "available to match" and is expecting a VIN to be assigned in the next week and delivery to be 1-2 weeks thereafter. The EDD on my account matches his statement (June 13-30).

I ordered it in Schaumburg, IL.

Is a small bank not allowed to think of its own interests? Big banks screw people all the time. They won’t even give you a good interest rate unless you prove to them that someone else will!
No, I totally get their POV. They do all of the work so you can match somewhere else. I was more frustrated at the service level - the 2 hour hold time, and there were a couple other things that I didn't mention in my original post. The guy I spoke to was not very helpful, he didn't offer/explain the .5% discount for direct deposit, I had to ask; and their process is that after you upload your purchase order, you have to call back before they'll send you the Docusign. After waiting for 2 hours to talk to them the first time, I wasn't very excited about having to do it again.

Since I'm wasn't familiar with DCU before this, I was planning to see if Tesla would rate match, but if I liked DCU's service, I was just going to keep it with them, since they had done all fo the work. I was just really turned off by the long waits and unhelpful loan officer.

No, I totally get their POV. They do all of the work so you can match somewhere else. I was more frustrated at the service level - the 2 hour hold time, and there were a couple other things that I didn't mention in my original post. The guy I spoke to was not very helpful, he didn't offer/explain the .5% discount for direct deposit, I had to ask; and their process is that after you upload your purchase order, you have to call back before they'll send you the Docusign. After waiting for 2 hours to talk to them the first time, I wasn't very excited about having to do it again.

Since I'm wasn't familiar with DCU before this, I was planning to see if Tesla would rate match, but if I liked DCU's service, I was just going to keep it with them, since they had done all fo the work. I was just really turned off by the long waits and unhelpful loan officer.
I called them a couple of times and the wait time was around 50mins which isn't ideal but I wasn't in a hurry. So far I got one liner replies from them which answered my questions. I understand your point.

Reactions: Emmadiane
So my pick up is Eden Park Minneapolis, we could not do Sunday due to the fact that they are closed and Monday because it’s a holiday. I’m an on-call technician so Saturday was the only day that would work however I am on call Saturday and cannot go to pick it up.
So I’m sending my wife and kids to go pick it up. I won’t get to experience that. But I will have it Sunday and Monday wahoo.
this is far better than waiting another week.

Reactions: und2000
Tesla Account has been so wonky over the past week. My EDD just reappeared this morning (June 20th to June 30th). It was originally June 21st to June 30th after I placed my order on May 18th (pearl white, 5-seater, 19s, nothing added... as bare bones as it gets). With how the Y is selling like hotcakes a 4 to 5 week turnaround time seems pretty darn good!

Question, and forgive my ignorance, but is there more to a lower loan rate than meets the eye? I know we can shop it but if Tesla is offering a 2.49%/72 month loan, and I can get a 1.99%/72 month loan buy searching around, am I just simply saving the $9 or $10 a month on my payment? I know ten bucks is ten bucks but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal if it's only saving me a $100 year. It just seems easier and more convenient to go through Tesla. Thanks for any additional clarity.
Google "auto loan calculator" and enter the loan amount and interest rate. Yes, the monthly might only amount to $10 delta each month but over the course of 72 months that .50% could save you $500-$1000 in interest, depending on the size of your loan.

• Informative
Reactions: Mod Y Guy
Ordered 5/11

Y LR White White Tow Hitch
Delivery dates and weeks estimated gone.

Received an explore Model Y accessories email yesterday.

Hoping the tow hitch isn’t going to slow me down. I’d be happy to have a car, as I’ve sold mine, and add the tow hitch later.

In DFW
Ordered the day before you and same thing email for accessories and weeks disappeared.

Reactions: A55!
Too soon? 😉 My SA just walked around and says she looks fantastic. Picking up tomorrow morning in Raleigh. Thanks again, everyone on this thread, for what you don’t know you’ve done for my sanity during this wait. (Actually, Tesla appropriately managed my expectations throughout, as my husband so gently reminded me this morning.) So excited!
Nice looking MSM.

Reactions: LooHoo